Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Essential Upgrades On Iphone 8 Revealed - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Essential Upgrades On Iphone 8 Revealed (535 Views)

Infinix S6 Pro - Are You Satisfied With The New Upgrades??? / I Notice That Truecaller Doesnt Work Well On Iphone, Any Alternative? / Investor BJ Orders 5 Iphone 8 (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Essential Upgrades On Iphone 8 Revealed by duketunde: 9:58am On Jan 06, 2017
According to famous leaker Sonny Dickson, the 2017 iPhone will have a radical new design, get significantly larger and more expensive but I can also exclusively reveal two essential new additions the range has been crying out for for years...

A sneak peek on the yet to be released iPhone 8:

Get Ready for fast charging....

Inside all three new 2017 iPhones (Dickson reiterates previous sources that there will be three distinct new models) will be a new ‘Tristar 3, Hydra’ chip which manages the charging port.

“In normal people words… [it] will include fast charging,” he explained. But before you celebrate there are a couple of key unknowns here.

Firstly whether the fast charging will be compatible with any current fast charging standards. Since this isn’t by Qualcomm it won’t be “Quick Charge” but there is a chance it could be the fast charging built into USB 3.1 - a standard Apple is very keen on across the MacBook range - though I highly doubt we’ll see a switch from Lightning due to its lucrative proprietary licensing fees.

Secondly just because the port can handle fast charging doesn’t mean Apple wants to implement it. After all current iPhones can charge more quickly using an iPad charger (try it out) but Apple never supplies this more powerful charger in the box despite the high price tag. Clearly, for whatever reason, Apple wants it to remain off the radar for mainstream customers.

And lastly there’s no mention of wireless charging, but I remain hopeful given the change of chassis material.

Tap to Wake is An 'iPhone 8' Exclusive....

Just because three new iPhone models are expected in 2017, doesn’t mean there will be parity between them.

Dickson explains that while Apple is finally catching up to Android rivals by adding Tap To Wake, it will only feature on the so-called ‘iPhone 8’ which will feature a brand new design rather than the iPhone 7S and iPhone 7S Plus which will mimic Apple designs since the iPhone 6 and launch alongside it.

Phones like the Google Pixel and Pixel XL already have Tap to Wake functionality. Image credit: Gordon Kelly

This seems a strange one to me given Tap To Wake - the action of being able to tap a phone screen to easily preview your notifications - is a staple of many low end Android phones (queue some laughter from Android owners).

Read more at http://www.duketundesblog.com/2017/01/essential-upgrades-on-iphone-8-revealed.html#EXhHJbAMXeoq9Bj3.99

(1) (Reply)

MTN Doesn't Switch To 3g Anymore / Who Wants To Give Out A Phone? / Tecno W4 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.