Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,317 members, 7,839,513 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Economics Forum Seperate From Politics Forum (moderators Pls Create One On NL ) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Economics Forum Seperate From Politics Forum (moderators Pls Create One On NL ) (467 Views)

Advocacy For Ban On Curse Words On NL And Pervertism. / Please Help Me, Whenever I Post On NL, My Link Will Always Block By Anti-spam / How To Del Topics On NL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Economics Forum Seperate From Politics Forum (moderators Pls Create One On NL ) by Nobody: 10:05am On Jan 06, 2017
We are forced to create topics that are exclusively about Economics in the Politics or Business or General Sector. but this shouldnt be so
Economics is a very important topic, the reason we are poor is not about politics but about Economic policy- a devil with a good economic policy will make Nigeria great, but an Angel with a poor economic policy will do nothing to help Nigerians in actual fact.

Please Moderators of Naira Land, create an Economics forum so we can delibrate on Government policies , analyze them and voice our opinions on them, to help shape the country.
It will also be a great platform to educate Nigerians on the real implications of Some govt policies as they appear.

Thanks
Re: Economics Forum Seperate From Politics Forum (moderators Pls Create One On NL ) by VulgarVulvas: 10:11am On Jan 06, 2017
You want to exonerate buhari and his evil apc from the shoddy manner they handled the economy?

No. Economics or rather the economy of a nation is a function of the political structure in place.

Politics and Economics are mutually exclusive.

The NL mods are quick to move and Bury any thread relating to the sinking naira to business section o the behest of their pay master in the ministry of disinformation.

I say NO! Topics with an economic twist can't be separated from politics as political descision process are the fundamental Base of any economy.
Re: Economics Forum Seperate From Politics Forum (moderators Pls Create One On NL ) by Nobody: 10:37am On Jan 06, 2017
you are totally right Mr VulgarVulvas .
taking heed from history, it was actually called Political Economy.
then people like a Doctor wrote a book about Bees (See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Mandeville )that had ramifications about the Economy.
He wasnt even from the Country he was residing in, but his thoughts on Economy and those of other such thinkers gave rise to other thinkers who forced a change in Government policy that as the free market proponents claim, gave rise to the British Empire and subsequently the USA.

This forced a change in Economic thinking , Humans created Economic theories that became more powerful than any ruling political thought.
This led to the clear understanding that the acts of a government can be judged exclusively from an Economic standpoint with no political sentiments involved- Prof Ha joon chang showed that irrespective of which government Africans have had, we have been making stupid Economic choices.
we need to look at the Economic policies we have, devoid of Political Sentiments- then use such deliberations to guide our analysis of Politics and Political acts.
The reason Africa was enslaved wasnt political, it was Economic.
The reason Ajaokuta is sitting idle while yesterday the govt brought down tariff on steel products isnt political, its Economic.

we need a forum to use Economic tools that have universal application to analyze our policies.and also to Educate ourselves!!!

you might know a new policy or an old Economic manuover to help fix the nation, but it is all covered up in politics, we need it out in the open Bro.

If you still dont find it compulsive enough, please find and read Professor Ha joon chang's paper titled 'kicking away the ladder'

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Let's Handle Your Waste / I Cant View My Mentions ? / Thread cancelled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.