Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,369 members, 7,819,328 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

What Course Can I Study? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Course Can I Study? (926 Views)

What Certification Course Can A Microbiologist Do? / What Course Can I Study With This? / How Can I Study Law With Degree In Political Science (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Course Can I Study? by Damdid93(f): 11:36am On Jan 06, 2017
Am a graduate of banking and finance, I want to go for my second degree, I need advice on what course I can study, in either unilorin or unilag.
Thanks!
Re: What Course Can I Study? by Damdid93(f): 2:19pm On Jan 06, 2017
Please help with valuable pieces of advice, considering ability to get a job afterwards too.... thanks!
Re: What Course Can I Study? by Lexmane(m): 11:13pm On Jan 06, 2017
Forgive my ignorance but why do you need a second degree when you can go for your MBA since you finished from Finance?
Re: What Course Can I Study? by Emmaesty(f): 8:46am On Jan 07, 2017
Damdid93:
Am a graduate of banking and finance, I want to go for my second degree, I need advice on what course I can study, in either unilorin or unilag.
Thanks!
Hi Damdid93

To be quite frank with you, Nobody can come in here and give you any course to study without you saying your intended career path. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? What do you want to do to earn a living? Answer those questions and the course to go for will suffice.

Life is not all about certificates dear, but it's about what you do with them. Someone with only a first degree might be more successful with someone who has Bsc and Msc. It's all about knowing what you want and going for it.

Please do determine where you want to be in five years time and work towards it.

God bless.
Re: What Course Can I Study? by Emmaesty(f): 8:47am On Jan 07, 2017
Lexmane:
Forgive my ignorance but why do you need a second degree when you can go for your MBA since you finished from Finance?
She needs at least 3 years work experience before she can go for an Mba

1 Like

Re: What Course Can I Study? by Damdid93(f): 2:28pm On Jan 07, 2017
Emmaesty:
Hi Damdid93

To be quite frank with you, Nobody can come in here and give you any course to study without you saying your intended career path. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? What do you want to do to earn a living? Answer those questions and the course to go for will suffice.

Life is not all about certificates dear, but it's about what you do with them. Someone with only a first degree might be more successful with someone who has Bsc and Msc. It's all about knowing what you want and going for it.

Please do determine where you want to be in five years time and work towards it.
God bless.

Thanks Emmaesty. .... really appreciate.
Re: What Course Can I Study? by Damdid93(f): 2:31pm On Jan 07, 2017
Lexmane:

I thought of that too. .... but I found out that without atleast 2-3years of professional experience its not possible.
Re: What Course Can I Study? by Lexmane(m): 9:51pm On Jan 07, 2017
[quote author=Damdid93 post=52612099]

I thought of that too. .... but I found out that without atleast 2-3years of professional experience its not possible. [/quote
I think that applies in school like Lagos Business School and other business school like that. Scchols like unilag admit greenhorn into their MBA
Re: What Course Can I Study? by KillerBeauty(f): 9:46am On Jan 08, 2017
Lexmane:
Is an MBA not a second degree
Re: What Course Can I Study? by Damdid93(f): 10:09pm On Jan 08, 2017
Lexmane:
[/quote]
Lexmane post=52622220:
[quote author=Lexmane post=52622220]

ok thanks. . will check that out
Re: What Course Can I Study? by Lexmane(m): 3:51am On Jan 09, 2017
Damdid93:

ok thanks. . will check that out
You are powerfully welcome

1 Like

Re: What Course Can I Study? by Lexmane(m): 3:54am On Jan 09, 2017
[quote author=KillerBeauty post=52630499]
Is an MBA not a second degree[/quote
By second degree, most people use it to mean going for another undergraduate course after one has concluded one before

(1) (Reply)

Undergraduate Computer Science Project Topics And Materials / Meet The 31 Year Old Qatar Prince With The Most Exclusive Supercars Collection / Give Me Attention Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.