Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

5 Ways To Buy The Cheapest Cars In Nigeria - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Ways To Buy The Cheapest Cars In Nigeria (45740 Views)

8 Of The Cheapest Cars To Maintain / 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. / Collections Of Luxury Cars In Dubai Police Force Fleet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Ways To Buy The Cheapest Cars In Nigeria by AutoJoshNG: 11:42am On Jan 06, 2017
Have you ever been swindled when trying to buy a car in Nigeria?.. You are not alone.

One reason some of us fall for this cheap fraud is because we want to buy the baddest cars.. but we want to pay next to nothing. As I write, some Nigerians are out there searching for “Tokunbo Toyota Big Daddy” for N550,000.. The truth is, you won’t even get a good one for N1.5m.

Genuinely cheap cars are difficult to come by in Nigeria.. however, these 5 steps can guide you when trying to buy the cheapest cars..however, these 5 steps can guide you when trying to buy the cheapest cars in Nigeria:

Don’t be in a haste:
The first rule of thumb is, never be in a haste.. never be desperate. Don’t fall for all that “someone already made a deposit or someone is coming to pay for it tomorrow”.. So, comport yourself and the car you will drive will not pass you by. This may save you a lot of bucks as most Nigerians get their best deals when they are not in a rush.

Nigerian used cars:
Many of us try to avoid Nigerian used cars but they ultimately become our last resort. This will always remain the cheapest option whether you want to buy a Toyota First Lady or.. a Range Rover Autobiography..

However, you have to really shine your eyes because several Nigerians only sell their cars.. when they are looking for someone to pass the maintenance cost to. Just make sure you are not that person that would use his/her money to buy another man’s problem.

Buy from family and friends:
Some family and friends may give additional discount due to sentiment.. especially if they are attached to the car and still want to see it around once in a while. However, don’t be too gullible.. don’t overlook any vital information based on trust.

Buy from USA auction and import yourself:
Some Nigerians refer to this as “point and kill”. It is definitely a cheaper option than buying in Nigeria.. because you would have eliminated the dealer’s profit, middle men’s brokerage and other ancillary charges. Your savings may range from a few thousands to several millions.

Online car sites:
Make sure you compare prices on Konga, Cheki, Jiji, OLX etc.. This can help you spot the best deals.. it will also improve your bargaining power.. as well as save your time and money instead of driving from Sango to Ajah in search of a car you might never find.

https://autojosh.com/cheapest-cars-in-nigeria/

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Ways To Buy The Cheapest Cars In Nigeria by winetapper: 11:44am On Jan 06, 2017
The best people to buy cars from

Hausa, they like Honda cars and the are quite good with maintenance , so you can rebuy them and just fee touch and it's ok

Igbo man like flashy things and decorations, so buying cars from them will give you no itch.

Once a Yoruba man wants to sell his car forget it.. embarassed the car can drive itself to the Panel beater work shop grin grin

Help Tomi, she needs a Heart Surgery, She is looking up to you

144 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 5 Ways To Buy The Cheapest Cars In Nigeria by permsec: 12:55pm On Jan 06, 2017
The best way to buy a car in Naija.... Buy thr parts gradually, when completed call moruf to assemble for you.

There is no direct means to getting a good/cheap cars in naija. Be rest assured u r buying anoda mans wahala.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Buy The Cheapest Cars In Nigeria by mrmaze(m): 12:55pm On Jan 06, 2017
Nice piece
Re: 5 Ways To Buy The Cheapest Cars In Nigeria by Dmomi: 12:56pm On Jan 06, 2017
Nice one op
Re: 5 Ways To Buy The Cheapest Cars In Nigeria by josh001(m): 12:57pm On Jan 06, 2017
Will someone be kind enough to give me information about USA auction?

9 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Buy The Cheapest Cars In Nigeria by adaksbullet: 12:57pm On Jan 06, 2017
undecided I'm alway bye new cars undecided

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Buy The Cheapest Cars In Nigeria by jazinogold(m): 12:58pm On Jan 06, 2017
grin
I BUY FROM OWODE ONIRIN grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Buy The Cheapest Cars In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 06, 2017
cheesy.
Kerosene is 350 per liter

Cooking gas is 450 per kg grin

4 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Buy The Cheapest Cars In Nigeria by oluwafreshkid(m): 1:00pm On Jan 06, 2017
adaksbullet:
Buy new English instead

92 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Ways To Buy The Cheapest Cars In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 06, 2017
grin
oluwafreshkid:

Buy new English instead

12 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Buy The Cheapest Cars In Nigeria by Preca(f): 1:01pm On Jan 06, 2017
adaksbullet:
bye new cars ke

3 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Buy The Cheapest Cars In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jan 06, 2017
oluwafreshkid:

Buy new English instead
cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways To Buy The Cheapest Cars In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jan 06, 2017
josh001:
Will someone be kind enough to give me information about USA auction?

Okay

G. O. O . G. L . E
Re: 5 Ways To Buy The Cheapest Cars In Nigeria by wunmi590(m): 1:03pm On Jan 06, 2017
How to deal with someone who disturbs you with calls....Go to OLX, advertise iPhone 7 for N20,000, leave his number as a contact, then sit back, smile and drink chilled coke. Then watch God fighting your battle

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 5 Ways To Buy The Cheapest Cars In Nigeria by Thobiy(m): 1:07pm On Jan 06, 2017
winetapper:
The best people to buy cars from Hausa, they like Honda cars and they are quite good with maintenance , so you can rebuy them and just fee touch and it's ok Igbo man like flashy things and decorations, so buying cars from them will give you no itch.
Once a Yoruba man wants to sell his car forget it.. embarassed the car can drive itself to the Panel beater work shop grin grin
the last paragraph Got Me Laughing

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways To Buy The Cheapest Cars In Nigeria by Jchi9876: 1:07pm On Jan 06, 2017
Them swear for Nigerians and driving motor?
Re: 5 Ways To Buy The Cheapest Cars In Nigeria by EmmaOgbu(m): 1:07pm On Jan 06, 2017
Hmm
Re: 5 Ways To Buy The Cheapest Cars In Nigeria by biz9ja(m): 1:09pm On Jan 06, 2017
Thanks Josh.
Re: 5 Ways To Buy The Cheapest Cars In Nigeria by Haywhydotcom: 1:10pm On Jan 06, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
Please don't be annoyed..

Don't take it to heart for what I am about to do..

I know its somehow childish..

Even me doing it isn't proud doing so..

Second to comment don't be annoyed for wasting this space..

Don't see me as an enemy of progress. Abegew..

I think they went that way,

I mean those that give a fûck
https://9jaspot.com/502/rightway-cargo-logistics-get-your-goods-delivered-to-your-doorstep
Re: 5 Ways To Buy The Cheapest Cars In Nigeria by Seun4FastLoans(f): 1:11pm On Jan 06, 2017
Good
Re: 5 Ways To Buy The Cheapest Cars In Nigeria by HARDDON: 1:17pm On Jan 06, 2017
wunmi590:
How to deal with someone who disturbs you with calls....Go to OLX, advertise iPhone 7 for N20,000, leave his number as a contact, then sit back, smile and drink chilled coke. Then watch God fighting your battle

Brahahaha

Why evuls? grin cheesy

@ op, as good as buying tru auction n import sounds, dont forget d dollar n port duties, registration n spany other fees that pops up on the go.

U need an experienced hands

3 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Buy The Cheapest Cars In Nigeria by LoveJesus87(m): 1:17pm On Jan 06, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
Please don't be annoyed..

Don't take it to heart for what I am about to do..

I know its somehow childish..

Even me doing it isn't proud doing so..

Second to comment don't be annoyed for wasting this space..

Don't see me as an enemy of progress. Abegew..

I think they went that way,

I mean those that give a fûck
Lmao na God go deal with u angry grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Ways To Buy The Cheapest Cars In Nigeria by Toosure70: 1:17pm On Jan 06, 2017
permsec:
The best way to buy a car in Naija.... Buy thr parts gradually, when completed call moruf to assemble for you.

There is no direct means to getting a good/cheap cars in naija. Be rest assured u r buying anoda mans wahala.
thank you my brother, I just bought mirror and somebody promise tyres, I will surprise you before month end.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways To Buy The Cheapest Cars In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 06, 2017
Why all these stress when you can just pm me to come and carry the car I parked at home, which I guess theybe are only using it to cruise around, but will wait for me to come back for the renewal of the papers if expires and maintenance of any major fault.

Save me from this and give me small change naah undecided.

Dont think will use it this 2017 again, since i will not be around.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Buy The Cheapest Cars In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 06, 2017
Toyota Big Daddy

Toyota First Lady

Range Rover Autobiography..

Evil spirit.

baby boy

End of discussion

discussion continues. lol

who names this cars

grin

8 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Buy The Cheapest Cars In Nigeria by LoveJesus87(m): 1:18pm On Jan 06, 2017
winetapper:
The best people to buy cars from

Hausa, they like Honda cars and the are quite good with maintenance , so you can rebuy them and just fee touch and it's ok

Igbo man like flashy things and decorations, so buying cars from them will give you no itch.

O boy u too get am walai u deserve award cheesy cheesy grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Why all these stress when you can just pm me to come and carry the car I parked at home, which I guess they are only using it to cruise around, but will wait for me to come back for the renewal of the papers if expires and maintenance of any major fault.

Save me from this and give me small change naah undecided.

Dont think will use it this 2017 again, since i will not be around.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Buy The Cheapest Cars In Nigeria by soath(m): 1:18pm On Jan 06, 2017
qualityGod:
cheesy.
Kerosene is 350 per liter

Cooking gas is 450 per kg grin
It's #350 here.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Accident At Car Stunts Show In Kano (Photos) / Pictures Of Innoson Manufacturing Plant In Nnewi, Anambra / This Old 1963 Ferrari Becomes The Most Expensive Car Ever Sold - See Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.