Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,258 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Arik Flight Blames FG For The Attack Of Its Manager By Passangers - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Arik Flight Blames FG For The Attack Of Its Manager By Passangers (20405 Views)

Ghastly Accident Along Njaba Road In Imo, Resident Blames Marine Spirit. Photos / Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana / Breaking News: Arik Flight W3 628 Fails To Land Asaba Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arik Flight Blames FG For The Attack Of Its Manager By Passangers by kidman96(m): 2:56pm On Jan 06, 2017
Lol
Re: Arik Flight Blames FG For The Attack Of Its Manager By Passangers by adedayoa2(f): 2:58pm On Jan 06, 2017
After collecting huge sum, FG is still to blame. Ok
Re: Arik Flight Blames FG For The Attack Of Its Manager By Passangers by eyinjuege: 2:59pm On Jan 06, 2017
Arik may have disappointed it's customers, and their services may be crap.

That is however no reason why their employees should be assaulted by customers.

I really hope there was CCTV there so that those responsible can be prosecuted.

Its common knowledge their services are poor, so why bother to book flights on Arik?

2 Likes

Re: Arik Flight Blames FG For The Attack Of Its Manager By Passangers by mfm04622: 3:10pm On Jan 06, 2017
idupaul:

I know I have suffered in their hands many times in the past but this particular problem was due to the continously scarcity of Aviation fuel

How is aviation fuel scarcity govt's problem? Aviation fuel was deregulated the same day diesel was deregulated. Wetin come concern FG?

1 Like

Re: Arik Flight Blames FG For The Attack Of Its Manager By Passangers by idupaul: 3:18pm On Jan 06, 2017
mfm04622:

How is aviation fuel scarcity govt's problem? Aviation fuel was deregulated the same day diesel was deregulated. Wetin come concern FG?

Keep fooling yaself IDGAF

1 Like

Re: Arik Flight Blames FG For The Attack Of Its Manager By Passangers by alt3r3g0: 3:19pm On Jan 06, 2017
Why are they the only ones constantly having this problem when other flights leave on schedule? Do the other airlines run on air or water?
Re: Arik Flight Blames FG For The Attack Of Its Manager By Passangers by idupaul: 3:19pm On Jan 06, 2017
kidman96:

Bloody f00ls... Arik has been having issues even before buhari.

They sent their Customer Service Manager to appeal to the customers and peharps explain what's going on but he was attacked by the stvpid, unruly and uncivilized animals Who call themselves passenger who should be living with animals in the jungle. Is Buhari responsible for their stupidity? If next time the Customer Service Manager decides not to address the customers you will all complain.

You clearly didn't read the story and jumped into defense mode
Re: Arik Flight Blames FG For The Attack Of Its Manager By Passangers by sweerychick(f): 3:33pm On Jan 06, 2017
kidman96:

Bloody f00ls... Arik has been having issues even before buhari.

They sent their Customer Service Manager to appeal to the customers and peharps explain what's going on but he was attacked by the stvpid, unruly and uncivilized animals Who call themselves passenger who should be living with animals in the jungle. Is Buhari responsible for their stupidity? If next time the Customer Service Manager decides not to address the customers you will all complain.

my dear really bloody f00ls by attacking the poor manager. Is he the one that cancelled those flights? Where were airport security to quench the situation? I watched the video and i didn't see any single airport security. That shows how lousy our system is, so I support the Arik management on this, ok after the attack did it solve anything? No. It even made matters worse, because no Arik staff showed up to attend to customers again. And up till now no flight operations, so who's at the loosing end My brother works at FAAN, he witnessed the whole thing first hand, only foreigners especially whites were civil in the whole situation, non of them protested because they knew that it was beyond their reach. But Nigerians trust us, we would always behave like animals!..

1 Like

Re: Arik Flight Blames FG For The Attack Of Its Manager By Passangers by dabossman(m): 3:36pm On Jan 06, 2017
idupaul:

I know I have suffered in their hands many times in the past but this particular problem was due to the continously scarcity of Aviation fuel

Yes, you're right. But in times of crisis, companies must learn to innovate. Arik management has always been poor, that is why they are failing woefully at this time. A company that delays and cancels flights at a time when there is aviation fuel can never think outside the box when there is a scarcity of the same fuel simply because they don't care. Their attitude will always be "ehen, what do you want me to do? Turn myself to fuel?" Some airlines have been going to get aviation fuel from neighbouring countries.

2 Likes

Re: Arik Flight Blames FG For The Attack Of Its Manager By Passangers by dabossman(m): 3:44pm On Jan 06, 2017
eyinjuege:

Its common knowledge their services are poor, so why bother to book flights on Arik?

Thank you o! With all I have heard about Arik over the years, I would never for consider them; not even for international travel. And the attack on their staff just shows how degenerate we are as a people. Must everything always come down to violence?

1 Like

Re: Arik Flight Blames FG For The Attack Of Its Manager By Passangers by idupaul: 4:06pm On Jan 06, 2017
dabossman:

Their attitude will always be "ehen, what do you want me to do? Turn myself to fuel?".

Too funny grin grin
Re: Arik Flight Blames FG For The Attack Of Its Manager By Passangers by tiwiex(m): 4:13pm On Jan 06, 2017
seriousspy:
This is the classic example of "Taking the Piss". Arik is so unbelievably useless and they have the cheek to blame the passengers rather than apologise and compensate them? Smh...

I know Arik can be a mess but d economy is all encompassing. So many things are not working and it affects all businesses. Ariks mess was just doubled.
Re: Arik Flight Blames FG For The Attack Of Its Manager By Passangers by groovie(m): 4:26pm On Jan 06, 2017
Just imagine, they are threatening passengers and people will still use this airline. The PRO arm of this airline is a complete catastrophe.

1 Like

Re: Arik Flight Blames FG For The Attack Of Its Manager By Passangers by ochardbaby(m): 4:32pm On Jan 06, 2017
Dear Guest, due to operational requirements your Arik Air flight W3 307/FREETOWN - LAGOS on 31DEC16 by 11:15hrs will now operate on 03JAN17 at 11:15hrs. Check-in counter closes 60mins standard time of departure, We regret any inconvenience caused. For enquiries, please contact our call centre on +234-1-2799999 or email us at callcentre@arikair.com. To book your next flight and check-in online please visit www.arikair.com.

Dear Guest, Due operational requirement your Arik Air flight W3 307/FREETOWN-LAGOS on 03JAN17 by 11:15hrs will now operate on 5JAN17 at 11:15hrs. Check-in counter closes 60mins standard time of departure. We regret any inconvenience caused. For enquiries, please contact our call centre on +234-1-2799999 or email us at callcentre@arikair.com. To book your next flight and check-in online please visit www.arikair.com.

Dear Guest, due to operational requirements, your Arik Air flight W3 307/FREETOWN-LAGOS on 05JAN17 by 11:15hrs will now operate on 07JAN17 at 11:15hrs. Check-in counter closes 60mins standard time of departure. We regret any inconvenience caused. For enquiries, please contact our call centre on +234-1-2799999 or email us at callcentre@arikair.com. To book your next flight and check-in online please visit www.arikair.com

i hope this is enough reasons why those passengers got Mad.....if you can't operate an airline go back to the village and start Okada business ....chikena!

while the very rich can get another ticket....what about the poor?

2 Likes

Re: Arik Flight Blames FG For The Attack Of Its Manager By Passangers by Codes151(m): 5:10pm On Jan 06, 2017
Arik air is stupid sha!!! U think u can threaten us when u bleeped up How is it my business that lag to Accra is 75k and I show up all the way to lag n u tell me crap??
What if I missed my flight, maybe say sth happened! Will u have the time n patience to listen to my rant?!

Go and hug transformer! In fact pay all the native doctors u have truth is u people deserved to be flogged!! If u don't have proper problem solving attitude, expect the worse from angry and frustrated Nigerians! Ewu

1 Like

Re: Arik Flight Blames FG For The Attack Of Its Manager By Passangers by Myself2(m): 5:14pm On Jan 06, 2017
post=52584297:
Atleast somebody to blame FG for once ... no be only FG go dey throw blame.. me no say FG go still come blame the past government sha.. just wait.

I tire for Buhari govt sha
Re: Arik Flight Blames FG For The Attack Of Its Manager By Passangers by vislabraye(m): 6:15pm On Jan 06, 2017
chie8:
1. On Wednesday, 4 January, 2017, our Lagos-New York JFK service which was to operate at 11:30 pm had to be rescheduled by 24 hours to operate at 11:30 pm on Thursday, 5 January, 2017 due to the shortage in supply of aviation fuel by the major fuel marketers. Our Lagos-Johannesburg service and Lagos- Accra service were also on ground awaiting fuel while the Lagos-New York service was standing by for fuel. Aviation fuel supply has been epileptic in the country over the past weeks where availability of stock and terms of service are not guaranteed on a consistent basis by the marketers.

Arik Air pursued all possible options to source fuel for the international flights on 4 January, 2017 but when our Customer Service Manager at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos approached the passengers to explain the situation to them, one of the passengers chased and attacked him. This was followed by a mob of passengers who brutally beat, kicked and chased the Arik Air staff throughout the terminal building leading to the Immigration Section of the terminal. The staff was later rushed to the hospital where he was treated for injuries sustained during this reckless and inhuman attack.
Arik Air managed to source a small quantity of fuel and despite eventually sorting out the departure of the Johannesburg service, some of the passengers from the affected services damaged the check-in counters, check-in systems and equipment, preventing the airline from being able to service or checking-in passengers on 5 January, 2017.
Again on 5 January, 2017 some of the passengers continued to disrupt the airline’s check-in process by preventing Arik Air staff from performing their duties by sleeping on the conveyor belts, sleeping or sitting on the floor in the check-in area and forcibly occupying the airline’s ticketing and administrative offices, resulting in the cancellation of some of the international flights, including the Lagos-London Heathrow-Lagos service.

2. Arik Air strongly condemns the incessant and increasing number of attacks on our staff and property in the recent months. As a flag carrier for Nigeria, the airline expresses it disappointment and dismay that the Aviation Security department (AVSEC) of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) and all the other security agencies in the country cannot ensure or guarantee the safety of our personnel when on duty across the various airports in the country. This serious breach of security and lawlessness by some of the passengers to assault and cause bodily harm to the airline’s personnel cannot and will not continue to be tolerated.  Passengers continue to take the laws into their hands and the severity and frequencies of such criminal acts are on the rise due to lack of appropriate action or preventative measures from the security agencies.
The resort to verbal or physical violence in any form by a passenger is not acceptable to Arik Air and the airline would henceforth deploy all measures necessary against any passenger who takes the law into their hands. Arik Air will also pursue legal action and engage local and foreign security agencies including private security firms to investigate, identify and prosecute to the full extent of the law all of those passengers in Nigeria and overseas, involved in the attacks against our personnel and property. The airline also intends to formally address the regulators, security agencies and aviation authorities both in Nigeria and overseas to get an immediate resolution to this matter.

3. Security at our airports ought to be improved to guide against unwarranted and uncalled for assaults on airline personnel and passengers. Despite repeated appeals and calls for intervention on numerable occasions, the airport authorities and security agencies have done nothing to protect the lives of staff and property of Arik Air in the wake of these attacks. The same authorities are however spontaneous in sanctioning the airlines whenever there is a service disruption without providing adequate support or security to prevent passengers from disrupting the service in the first instance.

Arik Air once again makes a final appeal to all the security agencies (AVSEC-FAAN/Nigerian Armed Forces/Directorate of Security Services/Nigerian Police Force) in the country to intervene immediately and protect the airline personnel and property from unwarranted attacks by passengers. Arik Air also appeals to its passengers to be civil and refrain from such disruptive and unlawful actions that risk the life of airline staff and that of fellow passengers.
Arik Air is fully committed to the safety and security of its passengers, staff and assets and will do all possible within its means to pursue and prosecute to the full extent of the law, all perpetrators of such criminal acts against the airline.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/01/arik-air-condemns-incessant-attacks-by.html?m=1

Arik air is not the only airline that operates in Nigeria but I don't think other airlines act this way.
Re: Arik Flight Blames FG For The Attack Of Its Manager By Passangers by mrteee: 6:18pm On Jan 06, 2017
enigma2007:

Exactly! Very cheeky of them... Nonsense airline!

The most useless airline to ever come out.
They did not realize that all their zero-customer-service shenanigans would eventually bring them down
Re: Arik Flight Blames FG For The Attack Of Its Manager By Passangers by vislabraye(m): 6:22pm On Jan 06, 2017
tiwiex:

I know Arik can be a mess but d economy is all encompassing. So many things are not working and it affects all businesses. Ariks mess was just doubled.

The days I use Arik, they never disappointed. There was an instance I had a flight for 6:00 pm and they took of around 5:30 pm. I didn't muss the flight, though. Ever since then, I've never used them.
As for what's happening today, they have to buckle up. You can't blame the government for everything. Afterall, other airlines are operating in the same environment and they are not that bad. Arik air is too expensive for things like this.
Re: Arik Flight Blames FG For The Attack Of Its Manager By Passangers by Mruwa: 6:25pm On Jan 06, 2017
naIja i sorry for una
Re: Arik Flight Blames FG For The Attack Of Its Manager By Passangers by Countryman1(m): 6:29pm On Jan 06, 2017
SHUT UP THERE USELESS AIRLINE. Instead of you to acknowledge that you are owing billions in aviation fuel that you haven't paid 4 to your suppliers hence why they froze you out till you pay up what you owe, you are here creating propaganda.
Emirates no dey fly, Southairfrican airline no dey fly, even Rwandair sef is flying with the same aviation fuel you are saying is scarce, so where them dey get thier fuel.
I swear them no beat that manager reach.
Stupid, useless, inept airline.
I have never had one good thing to say anytime I am constrained to use ur airline.
24hrs delay and them go dey look u with no explanation and still misplace your luggage.
Una go finally close shop ni if you no improve ur services, stupid upon nonsense.
Shio

2 Likes

Re: Arik Flight Blames FG For The Attack Of Its Manager By Passangers by davidif: 6:38pm On Jan 06, 2017
eyinjuege:

Gbam! Some people just like to shoot the Messenger.

1 Like

Re: Arik Flight Blames FG For The Attack Of Its Manager By Passangers by Countryman1(m): 6:38pm On Jan 06, 2017
idupaul:

What stupid scarcity, when all other international airlines at the international terminal are flying
Na only them fuel dey scarce for, they are big debtors and thier suppliers have refused to supply them avaition fuel until they pay what is owed.
Instead make them close shop till its resolved, they will keep selling tickets and more people will be left stranded.
No customer service at all. They even deleted thier twitter handle when insults 2 much.
Worst airline ever.
Re: Arik Flight Blames FG For The Attack Of Its Manager By Passangers by davidif: 6:40pm On Jan 06, 2017
sweerychick:
my dear really bloody f00ls by attacking the poor manager. Is he the one that cancelled those flights? Where were airport security to quench the situation? I watched the video and i didn't see any single airport security. That shows how lousy our system is, so I support the Arik management on this, ok after the attack did it solve anything? No. It even made matters worse, because no Arik staff showed up to attend to customers again. And up till now no flight operations, so who's at the loosing end My brother works at FAAN, he witnessed the whole thing first hand, only foreigners especially whites were civil in the whole situation, non of them protested because they knew that it was beyond their reach. But Nigerians trust us, we would always behave like animals!..

Its so sad to see how they were just attacking the man when the man is just merely a pawn.

1 Like

Re: Arik Flight Blames FG For The Attack Of Its Manager By Passangers by idupaul: 6:49pm On Jan 06, 2017
Countryman1:

What stupid scarcity, when all other international airlines at the international terminal are flying
Na only them fuel dey scarce for, they are big debtors and thier suppliers have refused to supply them avaition fuel until they pay what is owed.
Instead make them close shop till its resolved, they will keep selling tickets and more people will be left stranded.
No customer service at all. They even deleted thier twitter handle when insults 2 much.
Worst airline ever.

Now it's clearer , didn't know suppliers where intentionally avoiding them
Re: Arik Flight Blames FG For The Attack Of Its Manager By Passangers by AlphaT1(m): 7:03pm On Jan 06, 2017
idupaul:

They are just using that one to cover up their poor services.. Very very useless airline. Dem don show me pepper on three different occasions (twice in 2014 and once in 2015), what would you say was the reason then?

1 Like

Re: Arik Flight Blames FG For The Attack Of Its Manager By Passangers by CohenJane: 11:05pm On Jan 06, 2017
nextstep:
Bullshit. You're a large airline. You can make arrangements or build a small depot to ensure you have at least 1 week supply. Then you make sure you stay ahead by working vigorously behind the scenes to fill that depot.

Even we commoners have a jerry can of petrol or kerosine, or drums of water on standby.

EPIC RESPONSE. THIS SHOULD PUT THE MATTER TO REST, THAT IS IF ARIK HAS ANY IOTA OF SHAME.
Re: Arik Flight Blames FG For The Attack Of Its Manager By Passangers by progress69: 11:10pm On Jan 06, 2017
nextstep:
Bullshit. You're a large airline. You can make arrangements or build a small depot to ensure you have at least 1 week supply. Then you make sure you stay ahead by working vigorously behind the scenes to fill that depot.

Even we commoners have a jerry can of petrol or kerosine, or drums of water on standby.

Bros, having flown Arik more than once. I can confirm to u that they are very useless and don't even send customers. They cancel even local flights at will and give one rediculous excuse with the captain always appologising for one thing of the other. I remem er cancelling a flight from Kaduna to Lagos veryater in the evening, and airports officials forcing all passengers out to go back to their destinations. And if u know where that Airport is to town? Just NDA old site and new site that is some sort of security. In fact from the runway, u can see heardsmen looking to their amusement how the plane taxis the runway and take off. ARIK can appologise for Africa. Same thing that killed Aero, court suits and all, Arik is extremely useless.
Re: Arik Flight Blames FG For The Attack Of Its Manager By Passangers by oseo1(m): 4:36am On Jan 07, 2017
nextstep:

Unfortunately it's not quite that simple, first of all its very very expensive to build a tank farm, secondly even if the do have their own tank farm where will they get the product to put in it?

Why do you think foreign airlines are pulling out of Nigeria? Mind you your government gives a lot of concessions to the foreign airlines that they don't give arik which is our national carrier.

1 Like

Re: Arik Flight Blames FG For The Attack Of Its Manager By Passangers by ultimate73(m): 8:20am On Jan 07, 2017
incompetent Airline blaming clueless government
Re: Arik Flight Blames FG For The Attack Of Its Manager By Passangers by laudate: 6:32pm On Jan 07, 2017
AfonjasMustDie:
Don't blame the FG

Buhari and his lovely clueless zombies are the only people to blame

No sir!! angry Arik Air is SOLELY to blame for their cluelessness on how to manage information and communication flow to their passengers and stakeholders. They always fail to provide adequate and timely information until the last minute, and often decline to give regular updates about any situation that affects their passengers.

A lot of international airlines across the world have encountered situations that led to delayed flights, outright cancellations etc. And many of them have managed such situations proactively and properly, without any fuss. Why does Arik Air have such poor communication skills & customer service?? sad

seriousspy:
This is the classic example of "Taking the Piss". Arik is so unbelievably useless and they have the cheek to blame the passengers rather than apologise and compensate them? Smh...
dabossman:
Yes, you're right. But in times of crisis, companies must learn to innovate. Arik management has always been poor, that is why they are failing woefully at this time. A company that delays and cancels flights at a time when there is aviation fuel can never think outside the box when there is a scarcity of the same fuel simply because they don't care. Their attitude will always be "ehen, what do you want me to do? Turn myself to fuel?" Some airlines have been going to get aviation fuel from neighbouring countries.
Countryman1:
Worst airline ever.

I no know say you sef see am!! Before the so-called Customer Service Manager came out to address the passengers, those passengers must have been kept waiting for hours!! sad They must have asked so many questions and were frustrated out of their skull!

I do not support how they took the law into their own hands by attacking the manager, but honestly those Arik Air people know how to push intending passengers across the limits of tolerance! angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#AutoReportTours: A Review of the Apapa-Wharf Road Construction / COVID-19: FAAN To Deploy Robots In Airports / Aero Slashes Fares To N9,999k, To Run May 13th – 31st

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.