Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Jubilation In Igboland As Work Begins On 2nd Niger Bridge;job Seekers Flood Area - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jubilation In Igboland As Work Begins On 2nd Niger Bridge;job Seekers Flood Area (2242 Views)

Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge / Work Begins At The Presidential Villa In Abuja After Rats Infestation. Photos / At Last, Work Begins On 2nd Niger Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jubilation In Igboland As Work Begins On 2nd Niger Bridge;job Seekers Flood Area by Kemperor: 6:15pm On Jan 06, 2017
- The construction of the second Niger Bridge to connect the south south and south east has started

- Job seekers have also trooped to the area in search of work

There is excitement in the south east region following the start of work on the second Niger Bridge which is meant to link the south south and south east geopolitical zone.

The construction of the bridge has been an issue since the administration of former president, Goodluck Jonathan who performed the ground-breaking ceremony.

Vanguard reports that there were serious sign that work will begin in earnest while job seekers were seen in the area looking for opportunities to join the work force.

Senator Chris Ngige who is the minister of labour said on Saturday, January 31 that the federal executive council had approved N14 billion to enable Julius Berger to commence work,

He also said another N16 billion was accommodated in the 2017 budget for additional payment for the construction of the bridge.

Ngige said the bridge has been redesigned and would have a railway line that would connect Asaba in Delta State with Onitsha in Anambra State.

This is expected to ease the pressure of heavy duty vehicles using the bridge to transport goods.

He called on Nigerians not to stand in the way of success by making unnecessary demand.

“This is a project that previous administrations played politics with and the present administration under President Muhammadu Buhari has decided to ensure its realization. Our people should not allow the issue of compensation to hinder the construction work because of its enormous benefits to the people,”

https://www.naij.com/1081296-construction-second-niger-bridge-commences.html

1 Like

Re: Jubilation In Igboland As Work Begins On 2nd Niger Bridge;job Seekers Flood Area by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 06, 2017
Ground breaking ceremony lipsrsealed
Re: Jubilation In Igboland As Work Begins On 2nd Niger Bridge;job Seekers Flood Area by Ten12(m): 6:19pm On Jan 06, 2017
Oya make Una take #50 go buy bobo b4 Una go talk say uncle no give Una anything
Re: Jubilation In Igboland As Work Begins On 2nd Niger Bridge;job Seekers Flood Area by mengho(m): 6:38pm On Jan 06, 2017
Something uncle jona failed to accomplish, instead the fulani "dulard" as they call him, will build it for them.

I hope iPads are watching

3 Likes

Re: Jubilation In Igboland As Work Begins On 2nd Niger Bridge;job Seekers Flood Area by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 06, 2017
mengho:
Something uncle jona failed to accomplish, instead the fulani "dulard" as they call him, will build it for them.

Go to helll. Initial garagara. All work and no completion. We have nothing to say until the Daura President completes it.. And when he does, we'll still call him a dullard cause he is one.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jubilation In Igboland As Work Begins On 2nd Niger Bridge;job Seekers Flood Area by drauj(m): 6:44pm On Jan 06, 2017
Muhammadu Chukwuemeka Adekunle Buhari.

The will of God shall Prevail.

Tribal and Religious enemies of Nigeria will be put to shame.

Likes for Amen.

9 Likes

Re: Jubilation In Igboland As Work Begins On 2nd Niger Bridge;job Seekers Flood Area by mengho(m): 6:44pm On Jan 06, 2017
Funnicator:

Go to helll. Initial garagara. All work and no completion. We have nothing to say until the Daura President completes it.. And when he does, we'll still call him a dullard cause he is one.

An angry lone ipad spotted, dude were is the rest of ur unit, this is my home ground don't make me order air support to finish you

8 Likes

Re: Jubilation In Igboland As Work Begins On 2nd Niger Bridge;job Seekers Flood Area by drauj(m): 6:47pm On Jan 06, 2017
Unfortunate it's pains you.

Even if he gets it half done which I'm sure he'd complete, he's better than those thieves who awarded the contract, siphon the money and some IPOBIGOTS voted for them.
Funnicator:

1 Like

Re: Jubilation In Igboland As Work Begins On 2nd Niger Bridge;job Seekers Flood Area by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 06, 2017
mengho:

An angry lone ipad spotted, dude were is the rest of ur unit, this is my home ground don't make me order air support to finish you
Empty threats. B000hari is a dullard and northern president. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Jubilation In Igboland As Work Begins On 2nd Niger Bridge;job Seekers Flood Area by jeftalene(m): 6:56pm On Jan 06, 2017
Meanwhile in other news, the prices of cement and other building materials is on the rise again; See the latest prices at www.engineerosaz..com
Re: Jubilation In Igboland As Work Begins On 2nd Niger Bridge;job Seekers Flood Area by Xway(m): 6:58pm On Jan 06, 2017
Funnicator:

Empty threats. B000hari is a dullard and northern president. undecided
Buhari is a dullard....
Please buhari is a mare goat.

7 Likes

Re: Jubilation In Igboland As Work Begins On 2nd Niger Bridge;job Seekers Flood Area by Fremancipation: 7:01pm On Jan 06, 2017
Buhari restarted the project that he himself stopped and people are asking us to give him credit for restarting it? What do we look like? Zombies?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jubilation In Igboland As Work Begins On 2nd Niger Bridge;job Seekers Flood Area by emmalexabl(m): 8:09pm On Jan 06, 2017
If the dullard like let him even build the 3rd and 4th niger bridges.....
we the Igbos have already pitched our tents..
We aren't as gullible as those AFONJAs. grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Jubilation In Igboland As Work Begins On 2nd Niger Bridge;job Seekers Flood Area by olawrites4(m): 12:00pm On Jan 07, 2017
Even if PMB gave his life for the Igbos, they will say he did it so he can get to heaven. Some people need to take medication for their HATRED. It is getting out of hand.
Re: Jubilation In Igboland As Work Begins On 2nd Niger Bridge;job Seekers Flood Area by blackboy2star(m): 12:07pm On Jan 07, 2017
Hi guys. I am so happy and proud of myself and I thought I should share this with you!!! Today I saw myself on TV, when I turned it off grin
Re: Jubilation In Igboland As Work Begins On 2nd Niger Bridge;job Seekers Flood Area by Habakus: 12:40pm On Jan 07, 2017
Good one from Buhari...
Re: Jubilation In Igboland As Work Begins On 2nd Niger Bridge;job Seekers Flood Area by Habakus: 12:43pm On Jan 07, 2017
Fremancipation:
Buhari restarted the project that he himself stopped and people are asking us to give him credit for restarting it? What do we look like? Zombies?
Guy please,let's give this man a chance for the sake of our country.
I believe if Igbos should play their politics well as it's obtained in other places,there's nothing Igbos can not achieve even under this administration.
Re: Jubilation In Igboland As Work Begins On 2nd Niger Bridge;job Seekers Flood Area by laudate: 3:52pm On Jan 07, 2017
Funnicator:
mengho:
drauj:
Unfortunate it's pains you.

Even if he gets it half done which I'm sure he'd complete, he's better than those thieves who awarded the contract, siphon the money and some IPOBIGOTS voted for them.
Fremancipation:

Another e-skirmish warming up! wink Na me go do referee for una, free of charge. Thank God say I waka come with my zobo. Na on top this thread I go match brake today. cheesy
Re: Jubilation In Igboland As Work Begins On 2nd Niger Bridge;job Seekers Flood Area by basilo102: 11:30pm On Jan 07, 2017
mengho:

Lol, you are a dullard too not to notice that the dullard stopped work out of hatred, then suddenly remembered that Anambra election is ten months away and ran to the press to announce commencement without anything on site. Do you think we are foo.ls??

(1) (Reply)

See The Gift IPOB Members 4rm Malaysia Gave 2 Nnamdi Kanu As They Visit Him(pics / The Northerns Are Calling Nnamdi Kanu's Bluff Over Biafra / Checkout The Massive Crowd That Turned Out For A PDP Event In Jigawa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.