Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Babalakin Heads New FG-ASUU Panel - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Babalakin Heads New FG-ASUU Panel (8567 Views)

Buhari suspends Babalakin as UNILAG Pro-Chancellor, sacks Acting VC / Sacked UNILAG VC, Ogundipe, Withdraws Suit Against Babalakin / Vc’s Sack Legal, Insists Babalakin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babalakin Heads New FG-ASUU Panel by SexyBabe001: 11:17pm On Jan 06, 2017
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved a 16-man committee, headed by Dr. Wale Babalakin, to renegotiate the 2009 Federal Government agreement with the staff unions in the Federal Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education.

This was disclosed in a statement issued by the Director of Press, Mrs Ihuoma Chinenye of the Federal Ministry of Education on Friday in Abuja.According to the Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu, the President constituted this team with a view to engendering sustainable peace and industrial harmony in tertiary institutions.

“The 16-member team is chaired by Dr. Wale Babalakin, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN).

“Babalakin, who was adjudged the best pro-chancellor at the time of the negotiations in 2009, headed the agreement implementation committee then,’’ Adamu added.

Other members of the team are Prof. M.M. Jibril, Pro-Chancellor, Federal University, Lafia; Prof. Nimi Briggs, Pro-Chancellor, Federal University, Lokoja.

Also in the team are: Senator Gbemisola Saraki, Pro-Chancellor, Federal University, Otuoke; Arc. Lawrence Ngbale, Pro-Chancellor, Federal University, Birnin Kebbi; Prince Alex Mbata, Pro-Chancellor, Imo State University, Owerri; Prof. OlufemiBamiro, Pro-Chancellor, Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijagun.

Representatives of Federal Ministries of Education; Labour and Employment; Finance; Justice; Budget and National Planning; the National Salaries, Incomes and Wages Commission (NSIWC) and the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (OSGF).

He said that the re-negotiation team would dialogue with the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU).

Others to dialogue with include National Association of Academic Technologists (NAAT) and Non Academic Staff Union of Associated and Allied Institutions (NASU).

President Buhari has also approved the reconstitution of the governing councils of University of Port Harcourt and Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife respectively.

The councils were dissolved in the wake of the recent crises that engulfed the two institutions.

He said that the new governing councils would serve for a term of four years, in the first instance, with effect from December 28, 2016.

Source:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2017/01/babalakin-heads-new-fg-ASUU-panel.html

Re: Babalakin Heads New FG-ASUU Panel by SexyBabe001: 11:17pm On Jan 06, 2017
All we want is change!!

Lalasticlala
Re: Babalakin Heads New FG-ASUU Panel by donfemo(m): 7:45am On Jan 07, 2017
This man looks like someone who will love to always go on Strike. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Babalakin Heads New FG-ASUU Panel by ItsawrapOutfit: 7:46am On Jan 07, 2017
Noted, however enough of this constant strike like thunder.

Stop wasting the time and life of our undergraduates, a waste of time is a waste of life.
Re: Babalakin Heads New FG-ASUU Panel by truthspeaks: 7:46am On Jan 07, 2017
Ok
Re: Babalakin Heads New FG-ASUU Panel by LOSKYXANDER: 7:46am On Jan 07, 2017
Where are those who give a f**k?

Re: Babalakin Heads New FG-ASUU Panel by NNVanguard(m): 7:47am On Jan 07, 2017
Lip service should not be paid to our education sector.
Re: Babalakin Heads New FG-ASUU Panel by ayatt(m): 7:48am On Jan 07, 2017
we dont want to hear any ASUU strike again!![color=#000000]
Re: Babalakin Heads New FG-ASUU Panel by elhafeez(m): 7:52am On Jan 07, 2017
This is a very big task. we wish you guys good luck. I pray the outcome would benefit our tertiary education system. It's 2017 guys let's think positive this year.

1 Like

Re: Babalakin Heads New FG-ASUU Panel by sakalisis(m): 8:00am On Jan 07, 2017
Okay
Re: Babalakin Heads New FG-ASUU Panel by godoluwa(m): 8:11am On Jan 07, 2017
The same Wale Babalakin that wasted many lives?
Wale Babalakin(Bi-courtney) & Olusegun Obasanjo baba Iyabo(former President) embezzled the money meant for reconstruction of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babalakin Heads New FG-ASUU Panel by forgiveness: 8:13am On Jan 07, 2017
Nigeria government does not know the value of of education else it would have been their main priority.

South Korea and Japan rapid development was based on education.
Re: Babalakin Heads New FG-ASUU Panel by Ilacage: 8:19am On Jan 07, 2017
ASUU Have Lost Relevance And Credibility
Re: Babalakin Heads New FG-ASUU Panel by Montaque(m): 8:20am On Jan 07, 2017
I think this is a good way to get off that 2009 agreement that has kept ASUU always on the brink of industrial action.
Renegotiating most of the agreements and undertaking of yesteryears will help us advance as a country.
Re: Babalakin Heads New FG-ASUU Panel by pheesayor(m): 10:03am On Jan 07, 2017
The same Babalakin of Bi-Courtney?

3 Likes

Re: Babalakin Heads New FG-ASUU Panel by ivandragon: 11:23am On Jan 07, 2017
this is what people in Union activities call 'occupy till I come' or 'occupy till further notice'...

this issue was known to APC before they assumed office. in fact, GEJ was rightly blasted for delaying implementation.

now APC is there, it has taken them almost 2 years just to set up a negotiation committee, probably another 2 years to negotiate, by then, the 'implementation' of the agreement will be used to campaign for 2019...

what has even happened to the salary/wage increase team 'set up' since middle last year?

anyway, for what its worth, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education & other educational based/relevant unions should be included in other to have a holistic output for the education sector & not piecemeal outputs.
Re: Babalakin Heads New FG-ASUU Panel by kolexy(m): 11:29am On Jan 07, 2017
godoluwa:
Wale Babalakin(Bi-courtney) & Olusegun Obasanjo baba Iyabo(former President) embezzled the money meant for reconstruction of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway

Why are you spreading lies? Are you not aware it was Yar'adua's government that conceded the road to Bi-Courtney. The government didn't invest a kobo, rather Jonathan's government refused to approve the road design.
Re: Babalakin Heads New FG-ASUU Panel by Larrykaysail(m): 12:08pm On Jan 07, 2017
godoluwa:
always get ur story well, government didn't pay for Lagos - Ibadan expressway, the arrangement is built operate and transfer, BOT, just like MM2 Airport, so babalakin company is having issues with all the APC states governors then, Lagos, Ogun and OYO, because the project was approved by PDP
Re: Babalakin Heads New FG-ASUU Panel by Larrykaysail(m): 12:18pm On Jan 07, 2017
kolexy:

Why are you spreading lies? Are you not aware it was Yar'adua's government that conceded the road to Bi-Courtney. The government didn't invest a kobo, rather Jonathan's government refused to approve the road design.
you are very correct Kolexy,
Re: Babalakin Heads New FG-ASUU Panel by youngmoneyeze: 1:54pm On Jan 07, 2017
My dear people of nairaland, this has be give me double mind and i want u to help me out.
i wrote G.C.E last year i got a good result but i had D7 in English in my preview result i had C6 English that is WAEC, this is the result(G.C.E) Econ C5, Geo B3,Agric science B3,English D7, Maths B3,Biology C6,Chemistry C6,Furthermaths A1 and Physics A1. i wht to apply for computer science in schools like Uniben,Unizik and Futo owerri. because of the new policy that F.G just introduced olevel and jamb score will determinate admission.
plz i need perfect answer, can i gain admission in those school and his those schools accepted two siting.
thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Signify ☝if You Ate This Biscuits, Only Legends Can Relate (photo) / 90 % Would Fail This Question / Gateway Polytechnics In Ogun State Start Addmission Processes..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.