Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,928 members, 7,817,718 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Heavy Traffic Along Lagos - Ibadan Expressway - FRSC - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Heavy Traffic Along Lagos - Ibadan Expressway - FRSC (18732 Views)

Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown / Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) / Lagos: Heavy traffic along Alapere-Oworonsoki-Ojota axis as tanker spills fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heavy Traffic Along Lagos - Ibadan Expressway - FRSC by LordOfNaira: 3:31pm On Jan 07, 2017
gurunlocker:
Omo, na this kind traffic you go spend 5 hours instead of 5 mins..... Lagos life

5 hours? Bro, I was in this type of holdup years back (2006 or thereabout). The holdup was from Lagos-Ibadan expressway into Lagos. We didn't get to Lagos until the next day. People got down and began to walk. Some people walked from Ibadan into Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Heavy Traffic Along Lagos - Ibadan Expressway - FRSC by Okite15(m): 3:38pm On Jan 07, 2017
emmasege:
I'm a Christan but detest any gathering that inconveniences worshippers and non-worshippers in particular. If i ever come so close to the corridors of power, I'll initiate a bill that proscribes gathering of more than 10,000 per time along Lagos - Ibadan expressway OR mandates religious groups (RCCG, Deeper Life, MFM, NASFAT etc) to pay heavily for an alternate route for their worshippers. 'll also move to ban early morning cries and night prayer session by both Christians and Muslims. Why should the shout of Alaukbar or Hallelujah disturb my sleep at night, early morning or any time of the day.

The location of all these religious groups along the expressway is an indictment against our government. An Environmental Impact Assessment of such locations by social scientists should have recommended that such locations are not ideal for large gatherings, NOT UNTIL alternate routes are provided. But this is Nigeria where anything goes.
Na wa for u.
Av u not read how multitudes followed Christ? How much was He asked to pay?
And den u want to ban prayers, bro, kwantinue.
Re: Heavy Traffic Along Lagos - Ibadan Expressway - FRSC by HenryThegreat1(m): 4:15pm On Jan 07, 2017
Dbiks:
May God us from this gridlocks sad
hello, am not understanding
Re: Heavy Traffic Along Lagos - Ibadan Expressway - FRSC by 2shur: 4:36pm On Jan 07, 2017
how can one put on a/c in stagnant traffic
when no be tundra or jaguar him deu drive
all dose sedan and suv nor fit stand am
engine go blow
yinkakani:
I pity all those whose vehicle doesn't have an AC inside that traffic grin grin
Re: Heavy Traffic Along Lagos - Ibadan Expressway - FRSC by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 07, 2017
ekanDamie:
the bridge construction I understand, it's a phase,it will pass.

but the religious activities is inhumane and wicked.
MFM members practically packed their useless cars on the express road.
a FG road for that matter, with the acres of land they have inside there
dey used 90% of it to do auditorium and house schemes without considering where people would park cars.

they have been using there for years n collecting tights, dey can't even do crossover bridge for their members.
inconsiderate pharasis.

That mentality is here also in the property section.

You'll see these greedy aholes that'll build rental property on every single available square feet of the plot leaving no room for activities or parking or green areas.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Traffic Along Lagos - Ibadan Expressway - FRSC by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 07, 2017
2shur:
how can one put on a/c in stagnant traffic
when no be tundra or jaguar him deu drive
all dose sedan and suv nor fit stand am
engine go blow

Not in a well maintained vehicle.
Re: Heavy Traffic Along Lagos - Ibadan Expressway - FRSC by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 07, 2017
LordofNairaland:

5 hours? Bro, I was in this type of holdup years back (2006 or thereabout). The holdup was from Lagos-Ibadan expressway into Lagos. We didn't get to Lagos until the next day. People got down and began to walk. Some people walked from Ibadan into Lagos.

I was in that traffic.

I was warned about traffic so I left Ibadan at 10am to catch an 11pm flight. I arrived at Murtala at 2am of course missing my flight.

Worst of all I was stuck in Lasgidi for 2 days.
Re: Heavy Traffic Along Lagos - Ibadan Expressway - FRSC by LordOfNaira: 5:10pm On Jan 07, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I was in that traffic.

I was warned about traffic so I left Ibadan at 10am to catch an 11pm flight. I arrived at Murtala at 2am of course missing my flight.

Worst of all I was stuck in Lasgidi for 2 days.

Honestly, bro, I will never forget that holdup. Never!!!

1 Like

Re: Heavy Traffic Along Lagos - Ibadan Expressway - FRSC by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 07, 2017
ekanDamie:
the bridge construction I understand, it's a phase,it will pass.

but the religious activities is inhumane and wicked.
MFM members practically packed their useless cars on the express road.
a FG road for that matter, with the acres of land they have inside there
dey used 90% of it to do auditorium and house schemes without considering where people would park cars.

they have been using there for years n collecting tights, dey can't even do crossover bridge for their members.
inconsiderate pharasis.

Baba you are right. I am entering Lagos right now (Shagamu interchange ), the hold up is out of this world. Na 12 I go reach house today.
Re: Heavy Traffic Along Lagos - Ibadan Expressway - FRSC by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:02pm On Jan 07, 2017
Just called my peeps. Mum said they've been stuck at Redeem for two hours, no movement.... I've informed her of the cause sha, so make she just open boot begin prepare dinner for there... Lol
Re: Heavy Traffic Along Lagos - Ibadan Expressway - FRSC by emmasege: 6:48pm On Jan 07, 2017
Okite15:

Na wa for u.
Av u not read how multitudes followed Christ? How much was He asked to pay?
And den u want to ban prayers, bro, kwantinue.
Why will I ban prayers when I do pray myself also both in private and in church. My argument is you don't inconvenience others because you want to observe a religious ordinance. Prayers can be said within the confines of a church And mosque without disturbing the neighbourhood. In any case, churches and mosques are supposed to be sited in a location far from personal residences if their noise can't be kept within their walls. Have you ever visited any developed nation? Do Muslims shout Alaukbar early in the morning using loudspeaker to disturb the neighbourhood and do Christians disturb their church neighbours with night vigil noise? We can practice our religion without disturbing the neighbourhood. Some people find it difficult to sleep with any noise around and am sure you know that has health implications, especially for aged people.

As touching your other point: in the earthly days of Jesus, were there automobiles? The Jesus that I know who cared so much about not sending those who had been with him away hungry but ordered that they be fed wouldn't have subjected worshippers and non-worshippers alike to needless stress on the roads, if he was still very much around. Do you know how many lives have been lost through these night gatherings along Lagos-Ibadan expressway? Some finished the Holy Ghost Night program and immediately proceeded on a long journey driving themselves into untimely graves, simply because nature can't be cheated. If you must gather people for such night programmes, provide free accommodation and meals for them until thry are strong enough to drive long journeys. The Jesus I know cares so much about physical and spiritual welfares of worshippers and non-worshippers alike.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Traffic Along Lagos - Ibadan Expressway - FRSC by Jboynokiaphone(m): 8:25pm On Jan 07, 2017
i was dere just find my way out......now going home still on 3rd mainland brige..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bauchi State Invites South African Man Who Is Happy To Get Nigerian Visa / 2 Navy Helicopters Collide Mid-Air In Malaysia, 10 Dead (Photos, Video) / Pastor Survives Ghastly Motor Accident In Akwa Ibom State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.