Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power (4756 Views)

We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari / Buhari’s Supporters Are Silly And Unrealistic - Etcetera / FG Reassures Nigerians Of 20,000MW Of Electricity By 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power by Pennywise(m): 1:13pm On Nov 24, 2009
Never underestimate the power of corruption.

South Africa gets a steady uninterrupted 75,000MW. Make all of una dey there they suffer.
Re: 6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power by toideve(m): 1:26pm On Nov 24, 2009
who cares! for as long as i continue see money to fuel my gen no problem, they can go to hell for all i care
Re: 6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power by otokx(m): 1:50pm On Nov 24, 2009
We all knew it was unrealistic.
Re: 6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power by monopolist: 1:53pm On Nov 24, 2009
HOW WILL NIGERIA LOOK LIKE IN THE YEAR 2014 WITH THE WAY THINGS ARE GOING

JUST FAST-FORWARD NIGERIA BY 4 YEARS

WHAT DO YOU SEE?

I AM RISING UP FAST IN JESUS CHRIST NAME AND WE SHALL CAUSE RESTORATION!!!

WHEN THIEVES ARE CAUGTH THEY WILL BE MADE TO PAY 7X (SEVEN TIMES) OF WHAT THEY HAVE STOLEN BY FIRE AND FORCES OF THE SPIRIT
Re: 6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power by Pennywise(m): 1:57pm On Nov 24, 2009
toideve:

who cares! for as long as i continue see money to fuel my gen no problem, they can go to hell for all i care
You see the typical Nigerian mentality. In other places what you get is an unending conflagration, work boycott and leaders held to ransome until money spent is accounted for.

What happens when your small petrol gen explodes like it did recently to one big man in Kano sending him to an early grave.
Re: 6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power by bibiking1(m): 1:59pm On Nov 24, 2009
The good part of your post it that your monopolistic visions would only be lost in your self-centered world!
Re: 6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power by slimes(m): 2:18pm On Nov 24, 2009
If power is unrealistic then nothing is realistic.
Re: 6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power by Ajike: 2:19pm On Nov 24, 2009
STALE NEWS. who in this country even outside this country that  did not kow what you will come out to say at the end of the day, pssssssssss! bunch of idiots. companies have started cutting jobs now, i wonder how many pple will be bold enough to power thier generator everyday. God will punish you pple and ur generation to come as u compound ppl's problems in this country. we can not wake up one day and say this is wot am enjoying from 9jer  govt especially federal goverment haba!
Re: 6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power by saintade01(m): 4:07pm On Nov 24, 2009
Hey you guys should just chill now, its not December yet, at least we still got few more days to go. Don't you believe in NAIJA MIRACLES again?! cheesy

else vision 2020 undecided sad
Re: 6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power by monopolist: 4:24pm On Nov 24, 2009
A Monopolist is People-Centric.

That is meeting People's needs at controlled prices

Because of a very large number of Customers (e.g 150 Million Nigerians) , Monopolists control their competition, bringing down prices at will

True Monopolists are incorruptible, they can cut down Corruption and Corrupters.

When we enter the Power Sector of the Nigerian Economy all eyes will see us

We cause Restoration not revolution.
Re: 6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power by Kobojunkie: 4:28pm On Nov 24, 2009
He waited a couple days to d-day to let us know this? Please, how does one go about making sure this man looses his job?
Re: 6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power by nex(m): 4:35pm On Nov 24, 2009
I was not disappointed at all because like you know Naija, I know Naija. I just want us to set an example.

Losing his job means virtually nothing to this man. He's already laundered enough money to pay his salary for 3 decades.

Let's kill the man on December 31st to set an example.
Re: 6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power by saksonA: 4:51pm On Nov 24, 2009
anyway cha
i say bravo to them, at least they say they were able to get 3500mw. no roblem let us see what they can even do with 3500 before even thinking about 6000 or 10000. this is because if they can not utilize 3500 then ao will they utilize 6000. in fact we should not be surprise that they are not buying this mw because of nigerians rather it is for them to resell. in my own opinion let us pray that god will grant them a sincere mind to utilize the 3500mw for the main purose. Nigeria is our home lets pray for her
Re: 6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power by saksonA: 5:08pm On Nov 24, 2009
anyway cha
i say bravo to them, at least they say they were able to get 3500mw. no roblem let us see what they can even do with 3500 before even thinking about 6000 or 10000. this is because if they can not utilize 3500 then how will they utilize 6000. in fact we should not be surprise that they are not buying this mw because of Nigerians rather it is for them to resell. in my own opinion let us pray that God will grant them a sincere mind to utilize the 3500mw for the main purpose. Nigeria is our home lets pray for her
Re: 6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power by nedu2000(m): 5:08pm On Nov 24, 2009
Abeg o,wot is our capacity now?is it an additional 6000mw 2 wot NEPA already has? or is 6000mw d total capacity we're expecting at d appointed time? .i.e. if we have 5950mw now(at least since 2007), FG actually needs 2 add only 50mw 2 make it a total of 6000mw
Re: 6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 24, 2009
Well considering the number of Nigerians who said it wouldn't work, it's no surprise at all if it doesn't.

The Nigerian idiot population needs to learn about the Law of Attraction.
Re: 6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power by Libido(m): 6:26pm On Nov 24, 2009
suffering & smiling
Re: 6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power by bayo1(m): 6:31pm On Nov 24, 2009
I'm presently in Kampala, Uganda. To my surprise, since i got here on the 2nd of this month - November from Nigeria, i've been wondering if they ever take their light. There is no night that i don't see light everywhere, even in the day. I work for a telecom company and here for a training before coming back to Nigeria. Another colleague of mine that went to the base station sites here came back with amazement. All the base stations sites he visited has only one generator that is almost at rest at all time. No special diesel storage tanks in all the sites. The battery backup is enough.

Even in the office where i work here, i sometimes asked somebody if they ever put on the generator at the office. I've never heard its noise since i came. The whole city is always quiet and you can never see any "I better pass my neighbour" at any road side shops - no matter the business.

Smaller Africa country like Uganda, i heard that the major export they have is coffee which gave them about 900Million USD last year. Compare that to what we realize per day from crude oil. There is also corruption here in Uganda quite alright, but i still dove my hat for their electricity supply. It's simply working!
Re: 6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power by adconline(m): 7:22pm On Nov 24, 2009
Where are defenders of Nigeria at all cost on this forum? A nation that has not even aspired to be great
Re: 6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power by Kobojunkie: 7:34pm On Nov 24, 2009
saksonA:

anyway cha
i say bravo to them, at least they say they were able to get 3500mw. no roblem let us see what they can even do with 3500 before even thinking about 6000 or 10000. this is because if they can not utilize 3500 then how will they utilize 6000. in fact we should not be surprise that they are not buying this mw because of Nigerians rather it is for them to resell. in my own opinion let us pray that God will grant them a sincere mind to utilize the 3500mw for the main purpose. Nigeria is our home lets pray for her

This is why I continue to lobby for Nigerians educating themselves oooO!!! lol

Ol boy, we were already at about 3500MW about two years or less ago.
Re: 6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power by Louisidowu(m): 7:49pm On Nov 24, 2009
God deliver us from the so called leaders and their empty promises, we hope and pray that a time will come when can at least begin to take our leaders by their words but as for power, i really doubt if it is a dream that can be realised in the near future: how will the generator-importing morguls continue to make their money?

shocked
Re: 6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 24, 2009
Yar adua govt is a failure,thats y i will never support deregulation cus it will be like power sector
Re: 6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power by mamagee3(f): 8:41pm On Nov 24, 2009
Are any of them realistic?. angry
Bunch of unrealistic idiots
. angry
Re: 6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power by pannyman(m): 9:46pm On Nov 24, 2009
How can we even verify the amount of power already generated? Who has gone to measure it?We simply ''believe'' whatever amount of megawatts they say they have generated.

These guys keep telling us lies, and we Nigerians with our fish brains keep believing and hoping for the best. There is simply no end to the government's lies and deceit.
Re: 6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 24, 2009
i wonder who the originator of the 6000mw fable is . someone must have started this as a careless statement , only to have sme fool jump on it and then voila! 600mw of electricity for all by december 2009
Re: 6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 24, 2009
So who's fooling who,,minister or yaradua, We shall see
Re: 6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power by basamta: 10:28pm On Nov 24, 2009
speechless, helpless, hopeless, thats how you make me feel,
when am in you am lost for word, nothing is for real,
when i think of you, i am lost in thought, i dont know what to say,

Naija, am speechless, its helpless and you are hopeless,
thats how i feel inside!
its speechless, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power by MrCrackles(m): 10:35pm On Nov 24, 2009
6000megawatts, Nigeria cant generate?
Nigeria is bleeped sideways. . . .
Re: 6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power by bestbiz: 10:49pm On Nov 24, 2009
As long as my inverter is still realistic whenever i need it, then who cares about the 6,000MW promise. Nigeria govt should be ashame of themselves with all these stupidity.
Re: 6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power by Spike88(f): 11:03pm On Nov 24, 2009
didn't we hear the same horse s**t talk from Doyin Okupe, then Imoke, etc?What ever they are smoking in Asp Rock, they need to lay off the stuff!!!
Re: 6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power by Spike88(f): 11:06pm On Nov 24, 2009
Who needs 6,000MWs? Give us 500 a day first!! Rome/Electricity was not built in a day.

I'm so sure there's a special place in HELL for these liars, thieves and cheats we call our leaders.
Re: 6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power by Nobody: 11:20pm On Nov 24, 2009
MrCrackles:

6000megawatts, Nigeria cant generate?
Nigeria is bleeped sideways. . . .

more like poled without vaseline

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

South West Governors Shun Yoruba Unity Forum Meeting / Orji Flags-off Rehabilitation Work On Bad Roads In Aba (re-election fever) / Why Do Nigerians Always Blame The Leaders For Corruption?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.