Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,741 members, 7,851,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:21 PM

Demons: Status, Origin And Intention - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Demons: Status, Origin And Intention (425 Views)

The Origin And Meaning Of “august Visitor”. / How Did Demons Come Into Existence? Who Created Them? / What Is "Sexually Transmitted Demons"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Demons: Status, Origin And Intention by poh10(m): 1:57pm On Jan 07, 2017
[/color][b][/b]The General in command of the forces of evil is the Devil. His army is composed of angels of satan ( Matthew 25:41, Daniel 10: Princes of Persia and Greece in comparison with michael, the archangel), and myriads of wicked spirits, called demons. The satanic angels are doubtless those who form the hierarchy of the devil's government, in a territorial oversight of the multitudes of demons operating against mankind. The origin of demons is not given in the Bible. Various theories are advanced concerning them. Greek philosophy, which is so very speculative and divorced from Divine revelation, can be summed up by reference to plato, who conjectures that, "The deity has no intercourse and conversation with man directly; but all the interchange between gods and men is carried on by the mediation of demons". There are those who regard them as disembodied spirits related to some catastrophe assumed between the first two verses of Genesis 1. Also, there is an assumption of some such phenomenon being linked with the antediluvian period, resulting in the historic flood. However, all we can say is, that there is no evidence given specifically as to how they emerged. But we do read and learn that demons are continually seeking and seizing upon the bodies of men, and endeavoring to use them as their own. Their interests and activities have direct contact and communication with human beings and situations.

We can, or may, dismiss the origin of demons as a speculative assumption, but their character and activity, as mentioned already, is confirmed by the revelation we have of them in the New Testament (e.g. Matthew 8:31). There is no doubt that such seek to gratify sensual instincts through the organs and functions of their victims, inducing strange appetites not known naturally. I have sufficient evidence of this sort of phenomenon in my experience of demonology.

Demons, according to the understanding we gain from the New testament accounts of them, are numerous and various.
Although their powers derives from and is motivated by Satan, it is not as strong or as wide in scope as that of the Devil himself. Along with fallen angels, who would purport to be greater power and wider scope than demons ( Daniels 10), they are all under the direct suzerainty of their very powerful, but not omnipotent, Commander-in-Chief, Satan.

Demonic Personality and Influence
The evidence from the New testament on the demonic is clear. This is to be noted in a variety of ways, characteristics and effects. Jesus knew very well that demon-possession was a fact. He saw and specified the reality of the supernatural. To him there was a world of spiritual forces in operation, which He recognized and revealed. His expulsion of demons is most instructive. In addressing demonized persons, He often made reference to the particular organ or faculty of the body affected and afflicted (e.g. the deaf and dumb spirit); but, in the matter of the demoniac of Gadara, the possession was related to his whole body. A legion of demons was in him. Now, this may sound incredible but, as spirit partakes of the nature of thought and therefore cannot be measured in terms of space, so the human personality can have any amount of evil spirits, even in on[color=#000099]
e body. We have countless thoughts running through our brain. This is a phenomenon of marvel in our human, physical and psychological beings. Therefore we can be open to invasion by that which is intangible that affects the tangible, invisible that influences the visible, and immaterial that controls the material. Evil spirits are personalities with distinctive characters which, according to their particular nature and propensity, emanate influences of evil. Just as each of us humans is, or has, a personality that is particular, personal and distinctive: this is the essence of our being. Emanating or flowing from our essential personality or influence. Influence is not the personality, but the accident or out-flowing from the personality or soul. For example, the Holy Spirit is a person, the third person of the Holy Trinity, and the influence that flows from Him is holiness. In other words, the spirit of Holiness, as a person.
With evil spirits, too, we don't have to be possessed by them as personalities within, but we can be influenced by them from outside ourselves. This is an important difference, and must be observed to avoid misunderstanding and mishandling, because there are those who minister in this area, unwisely and regarding everything as being demon possession..praise God

More topic on classification...stay tune
Re: Demons: Status, Origin And Intention by darbeelicous(f): 2:03pm On Jan 07, 2017
When you study too much about darkness, you begin to think and act negatively..... Its a thing of the mind!
So I didn't read your post because I wanna remain in the light.

1 Like

Re: Demons: Status, Origin And Intention by poh10(m): 2:13pm On Jan 07, 2017
darbeelicous:
When you study too much about darkness, you begin to think and act negatively..... Its a thing of the mind!
You have no execuse in this present world..[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Demons: Status, Origin And Intention by bfeet(m): 2:15pm On Jan 07, 2017
darbeelicous:

Exactly! Why on earth will I read such a long post about demons?

(1) (Reply)

Top Nigeria Pastors And The Churches They Abandoned! / I Was In Prison, But I Was Free / What Is This Life ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.