Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Are You Overseas Trying To Build Your House In Naija? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Are You Overseas Trying To Build Your House In Naija? (1556 Views)

Trying To Rent A Property In Lagos? Read This / What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? / Architectural Designs For Nairalanders Who Want To Build (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Overseas Trying To Build Your House In Naija? by luckyme9(f): 10:26am On Nov 23, 2009
This is mostly for people abroad trying to build their own house in Naija.
Before I proceed, please don't chew me up. I am by no means a 419.
I am a worker, a hard one in deed. I thought I share my success with you guys.

I have rencently finished my house in Ikotun area, may be I should say my husband and I.
You can read my posts in the past while we were still building it, you will find some useful
info.

A lot of us want to build, want to come back home and retire one day, but the thought of getting into
the building mess makes this impossible. No one to trust, family or friends.

I have good news for you, my brother has proven to me that no one should be debared due to
these problems

Therefore, what I'm proposing here is an unusual contractor, who is going to help you achieve your goal
Help your dream come true. He's earned my trust and a few friends of mine here in the US.
I will be his guarantor. I will stand for him. He will help you build your house stage by stage.
Making sure one step is done before another.

I have more to tell you guys, but first you have to show a little bit of interest. I will give you all
my information including his.

By the way, he's not and engineer or an archi, but our father was a building contractor, who owned his block and building materials industry back in the days. We achieved a lot from him. My brother and I have used this experience to do what was almost impossible when building our own house.

So if you are one of those who have problems building, or finishing due to people eating up your money
because money grow on the streets overseas. You will remember the day you read this post.

If you are in Naija too, and you are having problems with your workers, swallowing your materials, we can help too.

If anyone has had anything to do with me on nairalamnd in the past, pls say it here

email me or drop me questions. luckyme9@ymail.com.
Re: Are You Overseas Trying To Build Your House In Naija? by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 23, 2009
Re: Are You Overseas Trying To Build Your House In Naija? by snowdrops(m): 12:05pm On Nov 23, 2009
@ poster
Thanks for the info. I sure am interested in building a house in Lagos area. I am looking for info on land purchase to start with, or buying a two storey four flat. I will email you. Cheers.
Re: Are You Overseas Trying To Build Your House In Naija? by luckyme9(f): 1:00am On Nov 24, 2009
I'm pretty sure there are people out there, here in the US Europe or Asia, who are going through this problem.
I can say this because I hear a lot of stories about how people's hard earned money has been used to party, and
other businesses other than building homes for the owners.

This is your time to build, every Nigerian overseas working hard to make money deserve something nice to show for our
coming abroad to do "omo'do".

So, don't be afraid, my call is not to personally make money from you, but to help you, by standing behind someone who can
buld you your dream home at your own pace.

So, I'm still waiting to hear from you guys, only one or two people to start and of course the good news will spread.
By the way, I'm a wife and a mother of five. Who runs my own little business, during the day and still work nights at the hospital
just to reduce my lenght of stay here abroad.

So don't think I dont know what it takes to put money together. That's the more reason I'm sticking my head out to do this for others
who are less privileged

luckyme9@ymail.com
Re: Are You Overseas Trying To Build Your House In Naija? by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 24, 2009
By the way, he's not and engineer or an archi, but our father was a building contractor, who owned his block and building materials industry back in the days. We achieved a lot from him. My brother and I have used this experience to do what was almost impossible when building our own house.

Doesn't rely sound like your referring someone. Sound like your advertising your partner.

Anyway, Some of us do the same thing, but I must confess, its always difficult at the initial take-off. So you have to be prepared. Try considering Building construction Capitalism. That's what I do (although in stages), that way you don't have to beg people to trust you, you buy/earn trust and still charge an interest. And they keep doing the referrers for you.

Cheers
Re: Are You Overseas Trying To Build Your House In Naija? by Pennywise(m): 11:52am On Nov 24, 2009
Hello Luckyme

You seem desirous of doing what you can to further your brother's career because he 'perfomed' when you entrusted him with money to build your house.

But he is your brother, what would you expect him to do? Ordinarily, the temptation to misappropriate money under circumstances like this is high because the crooks themselves know they can get away with it. They recognize that structures here are weak, law enforcement completely unreliable (they can turn against you), agreement is nothing more than a piece of paper.

Identified killers, rapists armed robbers walk the streets unhindered in Nigeria and you are talking about some kind of written guaranttee for a business that is entirely of a financial nature! Come on. Not sure when you left Nigeria, but things have taken a far more desperate turn.

I dont live abroad but I have had experiences I have no wish to bore NLers with.The best thing to do (for anyone living abroad that wants to build a house) is take time off. There is so much you can do in a 4week holiday period. I am not aware people still go into that kind of arrangement.

1 Like

Re: Are You Overseas Trying To Build Your House In Naija? by luckyme9(f): 12:45am On Nov 25, 2009
@ Design5
Quote"Doesn't rely sound like your referring someone. Sound like your advertising your partner."
This is absolutely not my intention.  But I tell you what, I have enough experience in the construction field
and a big business background.  So, if I want to do this for living, I will be advertising for myself, and tha's what I will call
it.  I won't mislead people. That's just not my thing

By the way I must  let you know that I follow a couple of your posts and responses in the past, and I do admire and respect your experience in this field.  But this is just for a lot of people abroad, who want to build, they work hard  to save up money, not that people don't work hard in Naija.
But they are far away from home, they can't just get on the plane due to finances or immigration.  But they desire to one day come back
home.  To a home of their own.  Their families and friends thinks its easy when it's not.

If I realy want to go into building contractor business, I will wait till all my kids graduate and come back home.
Anyway I will still contact you before I come home next year since my next site is in the Lekki area
cheers.
Re: Are You Overseas Trying To Build Your House In Naija? by luckyme9(f): 1:00am On Nov 25, 2009
@ Mr Pennywise,
Quote"You seem desirous of doing what you can to further your brother's career because he 'perfomed' when you entrusted him with money to build your house.
But he is your brother, what would you expect him to do? Ordinarily, the temptation to misappropriate money under circumstances like this is high because the crooks themselves know they can get away with it. They recognize that structures here are weak, law enforcement completely unreliable (they can turn against you), agreement is nothing more than a piece of paper.

That is what you would expect your brother, but unfortunately, tha's not always the case, listening to different people's stories here in the US.
Just so you know since I have started talking about his honesty in building my house two different people have used him. The first one he helped build build their fence. I think they only did 5 coaches. And the other one is plastering a small bungalow.

Just so you know, I was just in Naija between April and June, I actualy met wilth a couple of people from Nairaland. You might live in Naija today
but you can't tell me things has chaged that much since June.

Talk about taking off from work for more that 4 weeks, it's just impossible for a lot of people abroad. Between their salary that tthey are going to miss, Mortgage/Rent Daycare for their kids, it is just impossible. I did not have to take off that long and my house was built from start to finish.

Who says I was't there at least once a year, but that was not enough if I didn't trust him.
Re: Are You Overseas Trying To Build Your House In Naija? by mamagee3(f): 1:32am On Nov 25, 2009
I would like to build a house in Nigeria. undecided
But I'm not ready for it, now
. tongue
Re: Are You Overseas Trying To Build Your House In Naija? by THEAMAKA3(f): 4:46am On Nov 25, 2009
mama-gee:

I would like to build a house in Nigeria. undecided
But I'm not ready for it, now
. tongue
same here.
Re: Are You Overseas Trying To Build Your House In Naija? by Pennywise(m): 11:12am On Nov 25, 2009
Mama-gee/Amaka, Surely its sth you both like to think of when you grow up.
Re: Are You Overseas Trying To Build Your House In Naija? by luckyme9(f): 7:34pm On Nov 25, 2009
@Amaka & Mama-gee, I'm in Springfield IL. You can contact by e-mail for more clarification when you are ready.
I just want you to know anybody can build in naija as long as you have a job here and can reserve a little towards
this dream. I wish I had opend up my eyes a long time ago, I woukld have been on my house number five by now,
All the money I spent between JCP, Mascy's and Dillards. But thank God for his grace.
cheers
Re: Are You Overseas Trying To Build Your House In Naija? by luckyme9(f): 7:36pm On Nov 25, 2009
For the few that had contacted me, It's Ok to post everything we have talked about, just keep My name confidential.
Thanks
Re: Are You Overseas Trying To Build Your House In Naija? by Vanelconst: 3:32pm On Jan 26, 2022
According to experience, building from scratch saves a lot of capital. Vanel Construction offers safe and reliable building services in Nigeria. We build for clients who want quality and time effective construction.

Advantages of building with a construction company are as follows;
Completion of the project according to the specifications of the owner becomes the company's problem after payment have been made. Regardless of inflation or other conditions, the company bears the risks and not the owner. In addition, a site manager is assigned to every client to give detailed update (with pictures) of the project at hand.

The company does the background check prior to construction, to ensure the building plans are permissible by the law to avoid demolition of building by the government.

Nigerians abroad can easily commence construction and have peace of mind till the completion and handing over of the project.

Visit us at vanelconstruction.com or call @+234 8169382600 or by mail: vanellconstruction@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

3 Bed Room House For Sale @ suncity Abuja and for rent @ Games Village Abuja / Banana Island: Ocean Parade Flats For Letting/Sale / Short Let Accomodation Required - Location Lagos Island.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.