Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,722 members, 7,820,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Rice Pilaf -recipe And Picture - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Rice Pilaf -recipe And Picture (1673 Views)

How To Make Chicken Rice Pilaf / Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew / Buy our yoghurt recipe and get custard recipe for free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rice Pilaf -recipe And Picture by scarletpearl(f): 12:45pm On Jan 08, 2017
Pilaf rice- Recipe bellow

Pilaf is a cooking method used to Cook grains other method are steaming, boiling is very common

Ingredients

Oil
Rice
Tatashe 
Carrot
Chicken stock
Green peas
Sping onion
Seasoning
Onion
Tatashe 

Method of preparation

Add little oil into a pot (as u would normally use when frying egg) 

add finely diced or cut onion(thiny you don't want it bigger than the size of rice)into it and cook on low heat to release its flavor into the oil until it becomes translucent 4 about 5mins

add rice, Using this method the grains are usually not washed and if it should be washed it has to be thoroughly dried else it would steam

fry(sauté) for about 5-15 mins still on low heat, u don't want to add colour and become brown (the colour is sometimes desired)

add water, but in this case I used chicken stock(chicken stock made by cooking chicken bones, vegetables, herb and spices) for extra flavour.  preferable, hot liquid (stock or water) is used to speed up the cooking process.

After adding the chicken stock, stir and cover with a tight lid(cover of the pot) and reduced the heat to allow it cook gently(simmering) 

Taste and season, cook to your desired doneness. Add more hot liquid (stock or water) if it drys out before it's cooked thru.

Pour diced carrot and green pea in a boiling water(one at a time, pea first, then I  removed before adding the carrot) for a min or two then quickly remove and poured into a bowl of cold or ice water to stop the cooking(this method is called  shocking)  so it doesn't overcook  and it would maintain its colour .

I also thinly cut meat , pour oil into a pan on the fire with little oil, just to coat the pan, then add the meat and season with salt and cook quickly(saute);and set aside.

After the rice was cooked to my likeness I removed from the heat and allowed it rest for 5 mins before I  added pea and carrot, that was quickly cooked (blanched) into the rice, add the meat, then I thinly diced tatashe into it then add slice green onion the stirred and served. 

pilaf method helps to keep the grain of rice separate and have a firm texture.

Re: Rice Pilaf -recipe And Picture by stainlink(m): 12:54pm On Jan 08, 2017
After reading all these, I was only left loving only the plantain.

2 Likes

Re: Rice Pilaf -recipe And Picture by scarletpearl(f): 12:55pm On Jan 08, 2017
stainlink:
After reading all these, I was only left loving only the plantain.
smile okay, the plantain was slightly fried then finished in the oven. pls make and enjoy the plantain
Re: Rice Pilaf -recipe And Picture by sewzann14(f): 11:36am On Jan 09, 2017
more like concoction rice

(1) (Reply)

Fish I Caught In My Neighbourhood / Please This Is Not A Laughing Matter, Wot Do I Do Now? / 10 Fruit Juices To Help Lose Weight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.