Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,316 members, 7,829,754 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Nigerian Churches & Financial Reporting Council (FRC) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Churches & Financial Reporting Council (FRC) (1178 Views)

List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC / Why Buhari Sacked Jim Obazee, FRC Boss – Fayose / Nigerian Churches & Financial Reporting Council (FRC) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Churches & Financial Reporting Council (FRC) by Realdeals(m): 6:11pm On Jan 08, 2017
Executive Secretary/Chief Executive Officer of the FRC, Jim Obazee, at the weekend said that though only 89 out of the 23, 216 registered churches in the country have complied till date with regulations, the council would be unrelenting till the right thing is done.

“In keeping other peoples’ money, you have to prepare account. That is why churches fought me so badly, took me to court as a person and then my office too. Mosques and orthodox churches freely complied, but those Pentecostal churches called me to ask questions. They said: ‘This church is church of God and we are accountable to God.’ And I told them: ‘Very good, so you must take this church to heaven, you can’t operate it here’. When public funds are involved, government needs to ensure proper accountability.”

The CEO explained: “Religious organisations are ordinarily set up as ‘not-for-profit’ and they remain institutions of public character. The challenge, however, is a trend where churches and mosques start dabbling into non-charity ventures like schools, hospitals and so on.

“When you set up a church, your motive is to ensure that people are well focused to go to heaven. Then the money in the church should be targeted at ensuring that people are helped to do that. If you want to set up a school, then it should be free for all your members’ children. If you charge any money, then you are in the same league with other schools outside that are paying taxes to the government.

“If you set up schools, hospitals and the likes under a church, there is a high likelihood that you will be engaging in non-charitable activities within charity. If you are doing that, then what stops Dangote from setting up a mosque and having all his cements, rice and sugar under it? That is actually what some churches and mosques are doing."

http://www.newsheadlines.com.ng/latest-nigerian-news/2017/01/08/nigerian-churches-financial-reporting-council-frc/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Churches & Financial Reporting Council (FRC) by y0rmee: 6:21pm On Jan 08, 2017
Thoughtful!
Re: Nigerian Churches & Financial Reporting Council (FRC) by Emjay1310(m): 6:28pm On Jan 08, 2017
Hmmmm. Very true. I have always supported accountability at any level. I have been to so many churches that don't announce how much they collected as offering the previous Sunday. My church even gives breakdown of tithes collected for proper accountability.
Re: Nigerian Churches & Financial Reporting Council (FRC) by saharainfos: 3:47pm On Aug 09, 2018
RECRUITMENT
Financial Reporting council Recruitment 2018 -FRC Recruitment 2018 – Apply Now At nrc.gov.ng By admin | August 9, 2018 0 Comments Save
FINANCIAL REPORTING COUNCIL RECRUITMENT 2018
FRC recruitment 2018 is about to hold and annouce its recruitment exercise to go public for all interested candidates and applicants to apply for its vacant job positions.

FRC recruitment 2018 has not started yet. Before we go into more details, let’s use this medium to give you all a quick recap and history of the FRC origination in the country

http://saharainfos.com.ng/2018/08/09/financial-reporting-council-recruitment-2018-frc-recruitment-2018-apply-now-at-nrc-gov-ng/

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Visits Cripple Molested By Military Police / Niger Delta Militants Kill Nigerian Soldier(pics) / Lets Forget Nnamdi Kanu Friends In Prison IPOB Urges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.