Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,548 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Boko Haram Attacks Military Location In Damaturu, Kills Captain, 5 Sold - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Attacks Military Location In Damaturu, Kills Captain, 5 Sold (32503 Views)

BREAKING: 'travellers Trapped, Many Killed’ As Boko Haram Attacks Military / Buhari’s Speech Provides Hope For Development – Nigerians In Damaturu / Boko Haram Kills A Soldier In Damaturu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Military Location In Damaturu, Kills Captain, 5 Sold by UncleJudax(m): 9:59am On Jan 09, 2017
2dugged:
it's easy, the northern elites started it, and we all know some of them have been fingered in sponsoring bokoharam, what stops the fg from conducting an investigation, because the same people who will conduct the investigation are also apologists to whatever aim they hope to achieve with bokoharam, arms keep entering this country even through sea ports, we all know how the container load of arms was swept under the carpet, these northerners know how to put an end to it, cos they started it
You might have a valid opinion, but that's about it. In Nigeria, there is hardly a will to do anything for the people. This Boko haram war is no different.

There are international arms traffickers, who some times work together with certain governments to destabilize or continue to destabilize another country. And a country like Nigeria, that hardly knows its left from right is a suitable target.

You might as well re-read post..where I said "Nigeria being what it is".
Things that work in Nigeria are those that Government/officials have vested interest in. But even at that, Boko Haram have since metamorphosized, with splinter groups.

If you think this is gonna be a walk in the park, (overlooking the number of millitary and civilian deaths), you have got another think coming.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Military Location In Damaturu, Kills Captain, 5 Sold by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 09, 2017
UncleJudax:

You might have a valid opinion, but that's about it. In Nigeria, there is hardly a will to do anything for the people. This Boko haram war is no different.

There are international arms traffickers, who some times work together with certain governments to destabilize or continue to destabilize another country. And a country like Nigeria, that hardly knows its left from right is a suitable target.

You might as well re-read post..where I said "Nigeria being what it is".
Things that work in Nigeria are those that Government/officials have vested interest in. But even at that, Boko Haram have since metamorphosized, with splinter groups.

If you think this is gonna be a walk in the park, (overlooking the number of millitary and civilian deaths), you have got another think coming.

we are saying the same thing, who are the collaborators with arms traffickers? Northern elites,hence the reason I said they alone can put an end to this menace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Military Location In Damaturu, Kills Captain, 5 Sold by enirock(m): 10:09am On Jan 09, 2017
Dejideji1:
Boko Haram insurgents group has attacked a military location in Damaturu, the Yobe state capital on Saturday, killing five soldiers and a Captain in the process.

Soldiers in Damaturu confirmed the development to our Correspondent on Sunday, saying they lost the officers after Boko Haram militants attacked the 27 Task Force Brigade located in Buni Yadi, one of the Boko Haram strongholds in that part of the state.

The attack on Saturday evening was second since the Nigerian military claimed it has displaced the Boko Haram insurgents at Camp Zairo, said to be the Boko Haram last stronghold.

It will be recalled that since the claim by the Nigerian military over the destruction of Camp Zairo in the Sambisa Forest, Boko Haram militants have made several attacks particularly in Borno, probably to send a massage that, they a very much on ground.

While confirming the attack which occurred on Saturday at a military location in Buni Yadi, the spokesman of the 27 Task Force Brigade, Lt. George Okupe in a text message to newsmen said the attack was successfully repelled by the troops.

According to Lt. Okupe “Buni Yadi came under attack at about 6:15 pm, but troops have successfully repelled the attack. We cannot confirm casualty figure now but things are under control. Details will be made available to you as soon as we are done with all necessary clearance.”

However, soldiers, who claimed they lost an officer and men in the attack told newsmen that, there is no need to hide what has happened; “The attack was a surprise one, and anyone can be taken unawares. The insurgents came from the eastern side of the brigade in large numbers and launched superior fire power on the military formation before they were repelled,” The Soldiers said.

The casualty on the side of Boko Haram is yet to be disclosed, but another military source disclosed that the insurgents also suffered heavy casualty in the attack as many dead bodies were seen scattered in the bush.

Buni Yadi, the headquarters of Gujba Local Government was taken over by the insurgents for almost a year before it was recaptured by the military in May 2015. However, earlier reports from the area suggested that, men with automatic weapons had been seen in large number since the military claimed victory over the Boko Haram militants in Sambisa Forest, where it claimed it recovered the Boko Haram’s leader’s Holy Book and Flag.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/01/08/boko-haram-attacks-military-location-damaturu-kills-captain-5-soldiers/

may their souls rest in peace
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Military Location In Damaturu, Kills Captain, 5 Sold by SmartyPants(m): 10:40am On Jan 09, 2017
leofab:
now you want to grill me over guriela? When you wrote gorilla in your last quote.. every military have their fast and precision tactics.. the Nigerian army have makeshift base and camps too.. so it's a full blown conventional civil war between the Nigerian state and the Islamic state..

The difference is i have used the correct word over and over and it is clear that was a genuine mistake but you keep on saying guriela.

Anyway see, i have tried my best to explain, if you don't want to get it, no problem.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Military Location In Damaturu, Kills Captain, 5 Sold by DAramis: 10:58am On Jan 09, 2017
Not again
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Military Location In Damaturu, Kills Captain, 5 Sold by leofab(f): 11:03am On Jan 09, 2017
SmartyPants:

The difference is i have used the correct word over and over and it is clear that was a genuine mistake but you keep on saying guriela.

Anyway see, i have tried my best to explain, if you don't want to get it, no problem.
you wrote gorilla , go and check the first quote...

By the way;

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Military Location In Damaturu, Kills Captain, 5 Sold by UncleJudax(m): 1:02pm On Jan 09, 2017
2dugged:
we are saying the same thing, who are the collaborators with arms traffickers? Northern elites,hence the reason I said they alone can put an end to this menace
I was never about who can do it, but how difficult it will be, assuming Nigeria decides to act atypically.

Look, these things get out of hand. Even the US that "created" Taliban are yet to stop them.
There is a term for it; Frankenstein.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Military Location In Damaturu, Kills Captain, 5 Sold by vatiqan(m): 1:10pm On Jan 09, 2017
Sarrki, Ngene, Madridguy, Dropshot and co; you guys celebrated and called those who were gittery of Boko haram's defeat, enemies of the state. Hope you guys are still celebrating? Team of morons
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Military Location In Damaturu, Kills Captain, 5 Sold by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 09, 2017
UncleJudax:

I was never about who can do it, but how difficult it will be, assuming Nigeria decides to act atypically.

Look, these things get out of hand. Even the US that "created" Taliban are yet to stop them.
There is a term for it; Frankenstein.
alright, I get your point

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#LagosAPCPrimary: Ambode Gets 4 Votes, Sanwo-Olu 960 At Tinubu's Ward / NAF Bombard Boko Haram’s Meeting Venue In Boboshe, Borno, Many Killed / Dasukigate: Femi Adesina Collected N50m – Obaigbena

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.