Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,131 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) (14367 Views)

Caleb University Calls Police On Students Protesting, Many Injured / Police Arrest EBSU Students Protesting A Month Power Outage (Photos) / Police Teargas, Shoot & Chase LAUTECH Students Protesting 7 Months Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by shammah1(m): 3:36pm On Jan 09, 2017
All I see is brown roofs. grin
Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by oluwatymylehyn(m): 3:38pm On Jan 09, 2017
How many times have you joined the protest? Oh, you were the one who spearheaded the one held last December. Why didn't you wait when the policemen attacked us last month? Did you listen to what Ajimobi said after the protest at all? I'm not against this protest, I'm ardent supporter of protest. I joined many times before I left school last December. Let just pray God touches their stoned hearts.
Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by Defaramade(m): 3:41pm On Jan 09, 2017
MedicalSamwise:
7 months strike and still counting 2015 500L 2016 500L 2017 500L
Hattrick cry cry cry
Bro are you a Ladokite too?
Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by donatusdesmond: 3:57pm On Jan 09, 2017
Strike don take over back to back...useless Governors who are good for nothing
Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by Adeyinka1758(m): 4:01pm On Jan 09, 2017
Hw far na, Abeg, how was the protest
Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by Topshow2010(m): 4:12pm On Jan 09, 2017
MedicalSamwise:
7 months strike and still counting
2015 500L
2016 500L
2017 500L

Hattrick cry cry cry

You shud be grateful to God ooo cuz una stil beta,wat wud u say abt d medical students in osogbo who had spent more than 10yrs for a five or six yrs in lautech.Its well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by ventilation: 4:14pm On Jan 09, 2017
afolwalex20:
undecided
Bridge dey inside d school ni?
Or dey are just outside ranting
You never go Ibadan before? Begin tour Nigeria before it's too late undecided . That's where Ajimobi's office is, the secretariat where I served!
Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by MedicalSamwise(m): 4:30pm On Jan 09, 2017
Defaramade:
Bro are you a Ladokite too?

Yes
Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 09, 2017
See my alma mata cry.

Reminds me of those days we used to stage outside the main gate on the highway. There was a time in 2003 when the skool went on a 6 months strike. Boys just go find job anywhere they could while they waited for ASUU to call off the strike. It was during this period my web design skills began.
Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by Timothy3113(m): 8:46pm On Jan 09, 2017
: The only three reasonable points made by Ajimobi were that:

1) That he met with NANS excos and he told them that him and aregbe will disburse 250m each

2) That he will meet with staffs' unions(ASUU, NASU, SSANU) on Wednesday

3) He finally said Lautech will be opened before the end of the month (he reaffirmed it that we should be rest assured that he won't say what he won't do
‬: And on the bribe issue, it goes thus that:

After Ajimobi addressed us, he asked that some should follow him, then Balogun Debo, Solace and Fawole Israel followed him.

One thing led to the other and Ajimobi ordered that between 250k and 500k should be released to us to settle our transport fare.

The drama began when the duo of Solace and Balogun Debo returned to feed us back and hear our opinion about the money but while debating whether the money should be accepted or rejected, Fawole Israel proceeded to collect the money.

On his way out one samora hijacked the money (which was 100k) and threw it into the air. Everybody were scampering to pick from the 500 notes on the floor (policemen were not excluded).

It is a pity we sold our resumption, disappointed the comrades from other institutions and tarnished Lautech's image (in front of govt house) when press men were present.

Another brawl erupted when people were blaming samora for being unruly and he was also blaming Fawole of not presenting the whole money released.

Note: Ajimobi didn't intentionally release the money, they asked for it.
copied

1 Like

Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by Adeyinka1758(m): 9:00pm On Jan 09, 2017
Oga o..
Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by cleo27: 9:38pm On Jan 09, 2017
Stop staying at home doing nothing and earn money with your skills...Serrvy.com.ng
Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by amokemi(m): 9:38pm On Jan 09, 2017
Bros, what year did you finish and what department. That six months national ASUU strike was the longest in the history of lautech. Unfortunately this has broken the record.

metalgear:
See my alma mata cry.

Reminds me of those days we used to stage outside the main gate on the highway. There was a time in 2003 when the skool went on a 6 months strike. Boys just go find job anywhere they could while they waited for ASUU to call off the strike. It was during this period my web design skills began.
Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by amokemi(m): 9:38pm On Jan 09, 2017
When the school finally resumes, many ladies will come back heavily pregnant. Watch out
Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by Raptureminded(m): 9:43pm On Jan 09, 2017
hmm oga ooo. dis z very bad. let just hope 4 d best.
Can I stil be in 200l dis yr and also finish dis yr? Wud av lot dat

#TeamReopenLautech#

1 Like

Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by gUdbOiii(m): 9:57pm On Jan 09, 2017
IT IS WELL
Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by Bhugarious: 10:56pm On Jan 09, 2017
MedicalSamwise:
7 months strike and still counting
2015 500L
2016 500L
2017 500L

Hattrick cry cry cry

By the river of Babylon
There we sat down, yea, we wept
when we remembered Zion

By the entrance of the School Gate
There i stood reasoning, yea, 'wept
when i remembered LAUTECH

See my Alma mater
Regrettably in a state of academic decadence
I wept

See my Alma mater
Obviously the most peaceful campus in those years*
I wept

See my Alma mater
Evidently the best state university in those years*
I wept

See my Alma mater
technically gbesoke and socio-politically gbasibe
i we..

Oh God of Creation
Direct our noble cause
And guide our LEADERS right
Help our YOUTH the truth to know
In love and honesty we grow
And living just and true
Great lofty height attain
To build a nation where peace
And justice shall reign.

#ReopenLautechnow

1 Like

Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by Nobody: 2:27am On Jan 10, 2017
amokemi:
Bros, what year did you finish and what department. That six months national ASUU strike was the longest in the history of lautech. Unfortunately this has broken the record.

I finished in 2006. I was part of 99 set CSE department. And ure right, that strike was the longest back then.
Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by Bhugarious: 2:38pm On Jan 10, 2017
metalgear:

I finished in 2006. I was part of 99 set CSE department. And ure right, that strike was the longest back then.

@metalgear, you were spotted at MKO LT in 2002 during EEE201 lecture with Engr Ajenikoko then. CSE Department i hail o.

(1) (2) (Reply)

JAMB To Enforce Provision Of O-Level Results Before Admission / Update ON Lagos Teacher Knocked Off My Nephews Tooth And Threatened Him / WAEC Set To Release 2018/2019 May/june Exam Results 1st Week Of July

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.