Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,302 members, 7,822,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Transcorp Not Worth The Hype - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Transcorp Not Worth The Hype (3629 Views)

Tony Elumelu In The Gym At Transcorp Hotel / CBN Celebrates Its "Achievements" At Transcorp Hilton (photos) / An Aerial View Of Nicon Nuga Hilton (Now Transcorp Hotel) Abuja In 1987 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transcorp Not Worth The Hype by frankiriri(m): 1:54am On Mar 06, 2007
It is a well known fact that conglomerates trade at a discount to the value of all their constituent units. That is the reason why many conglomerates spin off some units. In the Nigerian market UAC and UAC properties are both quoted on the NSE. The same applies to Union bank and Union Homes .
So your shares in Transcorp may trade at a discount to the value you would obtain by buying companies involved in similar businesses.
Re: Transcorp Not Worth The Hype by frankiriri(m): 9:06pm On Apr 13, 2007
My worst fears are being confirmed.
Transcorp is grasping for straws.
Their miraculous adjustment of their share pice a fews days back smacks of the kind of manipulation that only politicialns and their cronies can think of. They are providing the opposition with ammo to pull them down.
Re: Transcorp Not Worth The Hype by oshkosh(m): 9:47pm On Apr 13, 2007
The recent controversy with share price will not help Transcorp's cause, however, I still hold firm that transcorp will prosper,  there is way too much at stake (and serious players involved) to watch their money go down the drain,

Let's revisit this issue in four months time and compare notes,
Re: Transcorp Not Worth The Hype by frankiriri(m): 6:31pm On Apr 16, 2007
Cheering news for Transcorp investors, PDP (Papa Deceive Pikin) has suceeded in cornering most of the Governorship seats declared so far preparing their way for a 'moon' slide victory at the presidential polls next week. This means that it will be business as usual for OBj and his business cohorts . Thus Transcorp will definitely benefit. grin
Re: Transcorp Not Worth The Hype by Seun(m): 6:50pm On Apr 16, 2007
there is way too much at stake (and serious players involved) to watch their money go down the drain,
You mean like Enron? (hehehe, just being mischievous, but this is a good point)
Re: Transcorp Not Worth The Hype by IykeD1(m): 11:35pm On Apr 16, 2007
Up PDP and up Transcorp!!! grin

Seriously though, should PDP retain the presidency (certain if Annenih is still alive and kicking), my
advise to the managers of Transcorp is to begin to put as much distance between the organization
and government. That's the only way to combat this negative perception even though its a privately
held organization.

Well, knowing Baba, he may want to serve as the next Chairman of Transcorp - can't really say no
to that since Transcorp was his baby. We shall see how things shakes out though. Up Transcorp! wink
Re: Transcorp Not Worth The Hype by frankiriri(m): 7:11am On Apr 17, 2007
Iyke-D:

Up PDP and up Transcorp!!! grin

Seriously though, should PDP retain the presidency (certain if Annenih is still alive and kicking), my
advise to the managers of Transcorp is to begin to put as much distance between the organization
and government.
That would be a heaculean task
Re: Transcorp Not Worth The Hype by oshkosh(m): 9:23am On Apr 19, 2007
This is the first of the favourable developments to hit the news sometime after the Presidential elections.

http://www.independentngonline.com/?c=44&a=25046

Details should be published soon. I also heard rumours that dividend payment may not be as far away as the three years projected in the IPO prospectus, as profitability may come a little earlier than envisaged, can't confirm this though.
Re: Transcorp Not Worth The Hype by Omoba3(m): 8:08pm On Apr 19, 2007
@ oshkosh - Honestly, how possible is this rumoured dividend? From which profit /trade will this manifest itself? Probably the same magic that turned their N7 share to N9 overnight without any trade to back it up. grin
Re: Transcorp Not Worth The Hype by frankiriri(m): 7:15am On Apr 20, 2007
Lets see how they will manage that.
Re: Transcorp Not Worth The Hype by segedoo(m): 1:37pm On Apr 29, 2007
i dont have their financials to do my analysis with.

i go buy when i lay my hands on their balance sheet, cashflow statement and p&l accounts and the numbers tell me to buy.

fellas, let's know how to do this and be smarter investors.

(1) (2) (Reply)

H / Iml / Get Your Smart Number In 48 Hours e.g. 0800080000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.