Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,767 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code (42648 Views)

List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC / Why I Support FRCN's Governance Code For NGOS / Governance Code: Enelamah & Obazee Clash Over Adeboye, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by ekestic1976(f): 11:23pm On Jan 09, 2017
Pistolx:
So will daddy adeboye eat his vomit??
Blasphemy! You need Repentance; you need purging with hyssop!

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by DauraDullard0(m): 11:23pm On Jan 09, 2017
Pebcak:
Yes sir cheked, thats done
Hate to say this but just last year
- I was involved in a charity that that fed OVER 40,000 less privilege people across several,
- Renovated a public school library in ibadan
so what have you done? if you say nothing please join a charity it feels good
Mr Man, I guess you must've done your internship and industrial training under Liar Mohammed's supervision. How many thousands did Jesus Christ himself feed? How many thousands has the disastrous Buhari regime fed under their proposed free school feeding program? Now only you, an unknown quantity has the effrontery to come here and announce that you fed 40,000 Chai!!! (

2 Likes

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by Jesusloveyou: 11:27pm On Jan 09, 2017
repogirl:
Foolish people with their half thought out laws. Trial and error, leaping before looking, uselessness!

And one zombie called Jesusloveyou was brainlessly quoting me.
clap for yourself for enjoying corruption.
I don't blame buhari for suspending it. It is just politics. So that the brainwash fake Christians will not mad at him. Which will lead to another religious hatred like what happened with Shiite Muslim.

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by UrBaesBoo(m): 11:30pm On Jan 09, 2017
seguntijan:
"I could not resist talking about this, early today. The number of registered churches in Nigeria is 23,216 according to the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria. Note that these churches have branches. There may be over 2,000,000 documented church branches in Nigeria. Add to this, all the Mosques and undocumented religious houses all over Nigeria, we may be talking of 5,000,000. It calls for concern. Our major business in Nigeria presently is religion or faith marketing. Yet this business is tax free and enjoy free entry. Juxtapose this with the production base in Nigeria, you will see why we are a poor nation with all forms of recession. Last year there are just slightly about 1000 manufacturing companies still hanging out there in Nigeria. Many of them are even threatening closure. Some of the old factory premises have been converted to churches and Mosques. It is sad. These companies who produce what we eat and use in this country pay tax and go through harrowing experience to do business. They cannot afford the limousines, luxury homes and private planes these faith leaders use, yet they are the ones that pay tax which we use to build roads that these faith preachers travel. We have got many things wrong in this country. Faith without work and expecting miracles is definitely a mirage. Time to have a personal relationship with God and focus on productive work. I am a Christian and a believer but I find it difficult to accept what is going on. The starting point is to bring all churches, mosques and religious houses to the tax bracket, tax religious organizations as we tax our companies. Give them tax deductions/benefits where they spend on charity as applied to businesses Nigeria.
According to one of my Wards whom I am proud to have mentored "Nigeria would have been such a great country to live in if the passion with which churches are created is the same way enterprises are established and industries developed by individuals. With this, meaningful and gainful employment would have become a thing of the past.
In a sharp departure from what I was thought in my home when I was growing up, I suddenly realized that nobody talks about industry and hard work anymore in Nigeria but miracle.
It is so painful that the teachings of hard work, honesty and industry have been replaced with the teachings of prosperity via a divine means in my dear country.
Professor Alan Rugman, of blessed memory, thought me at Henley Business School that key factors of economic growth in any country are the presence of viable industries and strong competition within the industries.
We must all imbibe the spirit of hard work, industry, patriotism and honesty for us to grow as a nation"
That is the view of one of the 24 young and promising Business Managers that I mentor. It is a food for thought as we start the new year."

Many zombies, sheeps, braind dead empty heads, wilful illerates and mumus will not agree or even understand the truth u have passed across. This is a beautiful writeup. Never mind the idiots that cherrypick sentiments when the truth slaps them in the face.

4 Likes

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by davidif: 11:40pm On Jan 09, 2017
sylviaeo:
Hw FRC take concern church?. Abeg na question I ask o . I b Christian

They stipulated that G.O's should step down after 10 years and this led to a lot of General overseers retiring like Daddy G.O
Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by KahlDrogo(m): 11:46pm On Jan 09, 2017
FreeGlobe:

afonjas keep slaving for buahri with an empty stomach.. smh
Confessions by an ipob yoot cured of camel level stupidity and slavery. grin

3 Likes

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by KahlDrogo(m): 11:48pm On Jan 09, 2017
UrBaesBoo:

Many zombies, sheeps, braind dead empty heads, wilful illerates and mumus will not agree or even understand the truth u have passed across. This is a beautiful writeup. Never mind the idiots that cherrypick sentiments when the truth slaps them in the face.
Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by yungeez(m): 11:58pm On Jan 09, 2017
Foolish people...."Churches should not have dis...Churches should not have dat...Pastors should not have dis...Pastors should not have dat.... so because am a pastor I should not enjoy d blessings dat comes wit serving God...do u know wat dey av past through...you people pointing fingers at Bishop David oyedepo....where were u 38 years ago wen he ws riding bicycle with bishop abioye from one village to another preaching d gospel...where were u wen as a young convert he would go into d bush just to have quiet time to pray....where were u wen he ws trecking doing evangelism every morning...where were u wen pastor adeboye had no food to eat Bt had to rely on God 4 divine intervention.... now God has blessed dem, dey are reaping d fruit of their labour, enjoying d dividends of serving and trusting in God, u r running ur mouth and saying rubbish....instead of u to b praying for God to give u d same order of prosperity.... u guys dat cnt sacrifice a day meal and a night sleep....May d lord have mercy on all of you ignorant sons of bitches....
#GodBlessNigeria

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by FreeGlobe(f): 12:08am On Jan 10, 2017
KahlDrogo:
Confessions by an ipob yoot cured of camel level stupidity and slavery. grin
only afonjas are afraid of biafra.. Is that you in the pic?
Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by Nobody: 12:10am On Jan 10, 2017
seguntijan:
"I could not resist talking about this, early today. The number of registered churches in Nigeria is 23,216 according to the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria. Note that these churches have branches. There may be over 2,000,000 documented church branches in Nigeria. Add to this, all the Mosques and undocumented religious houses all over Nigeria, we may be talking of 5,000,000. It calls for concern. Our major business in Nigeria presently is religion or faith marketing. Yet this business is tax free and enjoy free entry. Juxtapose this with the production base in Nigeria, you will see why we are a poor nation with all forms of recession. Last year there are just slightly about 1000 manufacturing companies still hanging out there in Nigeria. Many of them are even threatening closure. Some of the old factory premises have been converted to churches and Mosques. It is sad. These companies who produce what we eat and use in this country pay tax and go through harrowing experience to do business. They cannot afford the limousines, luxury homes and private planes these faith leaders use, yet they are the ones that pay tax which we use to build roads that these faith preachers travel. We have got many things wrong in this country. Faith without work and expecting miracles is definitely a mirage. Time to have a personal relationship with God and focus on productive work. I am a Christian and a believer but I find it difficult to accept what is going on. The starting point is to bring all churches, mosques and religious houses to the tax bracket, tax religious organizations as we tax our companies. Give them tax deductions/benefits where they spend on charity as applied to businesses Nigeria.
According to one of my Wards whom I am proud to have mentored "Nigeria would have been such a great country to live in if the passion with which churches are created is the same way enterprises are established and industries developed by individuals. With this, meaningful and gainful employment would have become a thing of the past.
In a sharp departure from what I was thought in my home when I was growing up, I suddenly realized that nobody talks about industry and hard work anymore in Nigeria but miracle.
It is so painful that the teachings of hard work, honesty and industry have been replaced with the teachings of prosperity via a divine means in my dear country.
Professor Alan Rugman, of blessed memory, thought me at Henley Business School that key factors of economic growth in any country are the presence of viable industries and strong competition within the industries.
We must all imbibe the spirit of hard work, industry, patriotism and honesty for us to grow as a nation"
That is the view of one of the 24 young and promising Business Managers that I mentor. It is a food for thought as we start the new year."

Nigeria is not a poor country
Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by davidif: 12:19am On Jan 10, 2017
middlebelter:

When you choose to fight, watch out and be sure you are fighting for a good course.
I can't see how the churches have contributed to the economic dilemma of this country, I find it difficult to understand why you will not attack the government at various levels that have failed the citizens and be suggesting that the churches are responsible for the companies that are folding up? How has going to church increased laziness? Are the churches suppose to be creating employment for the citizens?
You want the government to stifle the growth of churches by imposing taxes? Whereas you have failed to challenge the government to properly account for the taxes it has been collecting over the years with the attendant poor infrastructure all over the place?
Church has offered us hope where government has failed. Just imagine a Nigeria with fewer churches and larger Boko Haram mindset. Which one is better?

Tell them jare. People are focusing in the wrong thing.
Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by davidif: 12:19am On Jan 10, 2017
Pidgin2:

Nigeria is not a poor country

Say what?!?!?!?
Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by davidif: 12:22am On Jan 10, 2017
oyejideogunjumo:
it is good not to dabble or meddle into something one may not have in depth knowledge.
Agreed that there are proliferations of religious outfit here and there however it is wrong to brand them all aa commercial centers If it is that easy I think there are still enough spaces for who cares to try out too and see.Always leave Spiritual as Spiritual. Let God judge

Top marks for your whole statement but the first paragraph is gold. It ought to be framed.

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by redcliff: 12:43am On Jan 10, 2017
Pebcak:

Yes sir cheked, thats done
Hate to say this but just last year
- I was involved in a charity that that fed OVER 40,000 less privilege people across several,
- Renovated a public school library in ibadan
so what have you done? if you say nothing please join a charity it feels good

Okay good now STFU!
Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by Semper247(m): 12:50am On Jan 10, 2017
seguntijan:

God bless u
Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by kindklemz(m): 1:06am On Jan 10, 2017
sylviaeo:
Hw FRC take concern church?. Abeg na question I ask o . I b Christian

The dear,I also seems not to understand the relationship the two has.
I don't want to believe daddy G.Os stepping down as a G.O of RCCG in Nigeria has a slightest thing to do with FRC. It is not a law, it is not binding on any church leadership.
Well, maybe someone should educate me more on this.
Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by deleo16(m): 1:11am On Jan 10, 2017
seguntijan:
in as much as you made some point I disagree on some point churches are not responsible for failed government in Nigeria most Nigeria's are willing to work but the system frustrate one, no nation would develop if POWER ,rROAD and SECURITY is missing tell your government to put this into work first and see how the economy would start to pick up again.last time I check there are other religion in the world taking a cue from Asia now and have lots of followers but their economy is developed e. g China , Japanese even Israel
Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by ngolokante(m): 1:45am On Jan 10, 2017
gift01:
What is bubu afraid of?

He is worried not afraid of people without sense
Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by Stone03: 1:56am On Jan 10, 2017
seguntijan:

I stand to disagree with you. Government should be held responsible for unfriendly industrial environment in Nigeria. Government mines & sells our oil without proper accountability to the citizens. Government still go ahead to Institute heavy taxes & dues on industries without considering the negative effects on employment. Now industries can't cope, resultant closures has set in. Government feels they are no more getting much from extortion due to few operating industries, now being envious of the men of God who labor heavily in marathon fasting & many nights of prayers intreating the Almighty to intervene in the lives of those frustrated by our government, studying the scripture ceaselessly to receive words of comfort for the hopeless due to bad governance, building hope & faith and telling those without god fathers nor long leg that they can make it with God. Testimonies are now erupting as the result of their hard work and government is now intruding. Why should churches pay task? Did the government provide any soft landing for them? A lot of government officials are sitting on the common wealth of the entire nations and are enriching their pockets & yet they are number one tax eveders. We have a government that reap where they do not sow. In this 21st century, Nigerian government can't boast of supplying clean table water to its citizens neither supply electricity to a reasonable length of time & yet come & see where they are pursuing petty women traders, extorting from them the little that isn't enough to put food on their table talk less burning fuel in her little tiger generator, all in the name of local & state government revenue. We have wolves as leaders. Let the government remove greed from their lives, Nigeria will achieve industrialization with the spirit of entrepreneurship burning in our youths.

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by Pebcak: 2:01am On Jan 10, 2017
redcliff:

Okay good now STFU!

No you STFU and tell your mama I said so, when you get properly trained you can come back with some sense
ODE, OPONUAYIRADA
Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by Pebcak: 2:04am On Jan 10, 2017
DauraDullard0:
Mr Man, I guess you must've done your internship and industrial training under Liar Mohammed's supervision. How many thousands did Jesus Christ himself feed? How many thousands has the disastrous Buhari regime fed under their proposed free school feeding program? Now only you, an unknown quantity has the effrontery to come here and announce that you fed 40,000 Chai!!! (

Not surprised by your name DauraDullard don't deal with retards like you go home and cry to your mama when you grow up and your mama raise you well come back to daddy.

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by owji: 2:21am On Jan 10, 2017
i think the federal govt should follow this through, why suspending the FRC code again? are they doing trial and error?
Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by Nobody: 2:58am On Jan 10, 2017
Nigerians must be kept in the dark and mindless by force. Starving and Hungry? It's a test. Free bag of rice from the first lady? It's a Miracle. Pastor, Imans, and Babalawos forbid us from ever waking up to greatness. Seun you may as well become a pastor and get some of the free money. All you have to do is put the word God at the beginning of every post you make and you will create the Church of Mumuism.

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by megama: 3:05am On Jan 10, 2017
seguntijan:
for all I can ask so far ;what is the difference between capitalist or socialist nation? What are the functions of corporate affairs in Nigeria, what again is the functions of FIRS? . Hence I stipulate the existence of this FRC is not even necessary. May be set up by previous administration to settle some pockets.
Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by flamingREED(m): 4:57am On Jan 10, 2017
seguntijan:

You make it look like Christians are forced to give. And how many industries have you and your government raised from ageless taxing?
And you anti-Christly suggest that God's church should be taxed. It's the people's money. Don't be a busy body in other men's matters. Moreover, there have been many miracles which, even if your country was sold, could not have been bought.
Your twisted faith will land you in destruction.

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by Pebcak: 5:07am On Jan 10, 2017
tarboshi:

You lack knowledge, most renowned churches in Nigeria have wonderful and affordable hostpitals and health centres . Besides Nigeria is not a theocratic government, and soso the church is not supposed to provide health care facilities for the whole Nigeria.

Churches are not suppose to but in a situation where our country's major business and export is religion it does not take a genius to make us realize that churches need to step up.

Churches make a lot of money tax free open business in the name of the church and get tax cut these are BS they do in other country and they are wanted eg pastor as him ashimolowo and a pastor sit behind this fat account and live life of luxury and it's sad they people suffering and they look the other way

Take time and think deep that we have so many churches mosques in nigeria so many pastors preachers and religious people and our country is the way it is and countries like India where majority of the population worship cow or China where Christian populace is not even majority and these people live better than us that should tell up our Christian leaders have failed us. They started messing with politicians and now politicians are messing with them because our Christian leaders sold their birthright to politicians.

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by IamPopular(m): 6:05am On Jan 10, 2017
makapella:
Lemme guess wot hpnd....d stake holders(G.o's,senior pastors,founders) had a very serious emergency meeting and the stake holdee's(forgive me for dt English) dnt want their leaders 2 retire not becos dey love dem so much but becos d cost of sending forth a man of God will be so highhhhhhhhh...imagine a very big "owambe" for d afonjas since na dem get G.o pass n ppl in naija in dz recession dnt hv money 2 contribute for private jet(e must follow as send forth gift)opening of bnk acct n holy ghost transport fare to transport him 2 U.K 2 rest well....i rest ma case n pls dnt gv a fucck or ul be fucccked
I just need to ask u a little question, do u think b4 u talk or u talk b4 u think, cause I m very sure u did not think b4 u wrote all this...
Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by IamPopular(m): 6:08am On Jan 10, 2017
makapella:
Lemme guess wot hpnd....d stake holders(G.o's,senior pastors,founders) had a very serious emergency meeting and the stake holdee's(forgive me for dt English) dnt want their leaders 2 retire not becos dey love dem so much but becos d cost of sending forth a man of God will be so highhhhhhhhh...imagine a very big "owambe" for d afonjas since na dem get G.o pass n ppl in naija in dz recession dnt hv money 2 contribute for private jet(e must follow as send forth gift)opening of bnk acct n holy ghost transport fare to transport him 2 U.K 2 rest well....i rest ma case n pls dnt gv a fucck or ul be fucccked
u claim yorubas like parties, so the yiiibos don't? WU parties when there five year old kid dies? Wu parties when a new groom dies? Radarada
Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by mumels(m): 6:09am On Jan 10, 2017
The recent development ranging from the FRC Law to the Stepping down of Pastor Adeboye has made me realize some things.

1. Nigerias' biggest issue is religion.
2. Religion is also one of the major instruments that can be use to promote peace coexistence in this country.
3. Religion plays a vital role in the policy that fuels this country.
4. Islimization of this country will led to full blown bloody war. Am not talking about civil war am talking about total catastrophe.
5. Despite Christians serving the same God, the same love is not there amongst Nigeria Christians. The little drama that happened just withen the space of 48hrs shows, what priorities the Christians in each region has in this country. We have killings of Southern Nigeria Christians, nothing was done as such cos it the did not affect the south South and South West Christians, but that law FRC made affected the South West Christians majorly and it was met with unprecedented reactions.
Finally I can say the South West is the only rope binding this country together, once the West realize they need to agitate for their own sovereignty, this country is done.

2 Likes

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by realmindz: 6:37am On Jan 10, 2017
honey001:

What's this one saying? So na church and mosque tax go build Nation? What about the tax collected so far, anything to show for it?
You have a problem of low comprehension plus irrational thinking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Takes First Salute As President, Inspects Guards Of Honour / Patience Ifediora Becomes First African Female Sheriff Of Nottingham / Photo Collections From Revolution Now Protest Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.