Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

My Techo Phantom 6plus Geeting Hot- Overheating - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Techo Phantom 6plus Geeting Hot- Overheating (3592 Views)

Tecno Phantom 6plus Gold (64gig,4gig ram) / Is Your Phone Overheating? Learn How To Fix It / Should I Trade My Samsung Galaxy Note 5 For Tecno Phantom 6plus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Techo Phantom 6plus Geeting Hot- Overheating by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 09, 2017
Im trying to figure out why my phantom 6plus of three weeks old gets so hot after such light use (ie browsing web for a few minutes). I understand these phones do heat up but my phone is getting so hot it is actually getting hard to hold. My Gps is off as is wifi. My screen is pretty dim too. What could be the cause?
Re: My Techo Phantom 6plus Geeting Hot- Overheating by lexrichy(m): 9:59pm On Jan 09, 2017
bobot:
Im trying to figure out why my phantom 6plus gets so hot after such light use (ie browsing web for a few minutes). I understand these phones do heat up but my phone is getting so hot it is actually getting hard to hold. My Gps is off as is wifi. My screen is pretty dim too. What could be the cause?
i had a similar case with the phone which i sold off and got my self a infinix note 3 and am enjoying it.
Re: My Techo Phantom 6plus Geeting Hot- Overheating by Blazingprecious(m): 10:15pm On Jan 09, 2017
Is from your IC panel bro....You need to take it to the engineer for a fix or better still, see how to cool your phone by CLICKING HERE
Re: My Techo Phantom 6plus Geeting Hot- Overheating by samsam2019: 10:45pm On Jan 09, 2017
Tecno ooooo grin grin grin
Re: My Techo Phantom 6plus Geeting Hot- Overheating by dustmalik: 10:48pm On Jan 09, 2017
This is quite disappointing to hear.
Re: My Techo Phantom 6plus Geeting Hot- Overheating by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 10, 2017
Blazingprecious:
Is from your IC panel bro....You need to take it to the engineer for a fix or better still, see how to cool your phone by CLICKING HERE

the phone I just few week old and am the heavy used type
Re: My Techo Phantom 6plus Geeting Hot- Overheating by CarlcareOpebi(f): 11:37am On Jan 10, 2017
bobot:
Im trying to figure out why my phantom 6plus of three weeks old gets so hot after such light use (ie browsing web for a few minutes). I understand these phones do heat up but my phone is getting so hot it is actually getting hard to hold. My Gps is off as is wifi. My screen is pretty dim too. What could be the cause?
Hello @bobot Kindly go with your phone to the Carlcare Service Centre closest to you for assistance; It's a hardware issue. You can Book a reservation using the Carlcare App on your device [and give the information required], our contact number(s) and addresses are also in the App; Or let us know your location so that we can forward one to you. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: My Techo Phantom 6plus Geeting Hot- Overheating by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 10, 2017
bobot:

:/ take a picture and I'll know you're saying the truth,Cuz the Phantom 6plus I know doesn't heat up unnecessarily
Re: My Techo Phantom 6plus Geeting Hot- Overheating by Ehimzy(m): 12:16pm On Jan 10, 2017
jesfrosh:

:/ take a picture and I'll know you're saying the truth,Cuz the Phantom 6plus I know doesn't heat up unnecessarily

Bro it's true.. Though it's not completely tecno fault.. . It's the helio X20 processor, check online a lot of people complain about it overheating
Re: My Techo Phantom 6plus Geeting Hot- Overheating by Youngpo413: 12:59pm On Jan 10, 2017
Next time buy xiaomi
Re: My Techo Phantom 6plus Geeting Hot- Overheating by sunshineV(f): 1:04pm On Jan 10, 2017
jesfrosh:

those pplp are just infinix marketer, cux I don't understand why mine isn't heating up

1 Like

Re: My Techo Phantom 6plus Geeting Hot- Overheating by TappGroupNG: 1:04pm On Jan 10, 2017
Was it a brand new phantom6? Or you bought it used (they might have changed some parts if it was bought used)
I haven't heard of the phantom 6 overheating before

2 Likes

Re: My Techo Phantom 6plus Geeting Hot- Overheating by TappGroupNG: 1:05pm On Jan 10, 2017
This problem doesn't look like tecno's fault. The phone might have been mishandled.
samsam2019:
Tecno ooooo grin grin grin
Re: My Techo Phantom 6plus Geeting Hot- Overheating by samsam2019: 1:38pm On Jan 10, 2017
TappGroupNG:
This problem doesn't look like tecno's fault. The phone might have been mishandled.
yea, it's my fault
Re: My Techo Phantom 6plus Geeting Hot- Overheating by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 10, 2017
CarlcareOpebi:

Hello @bobot Kindly go with your phone to the Carlcare Service Centre closest to you for assistance; It's a hardware issue. You can Book a reservation using the Carlcare App on your device [and give the information required], our contact number(s) and addresses are also in the App; Or let us know your location so that we can forward one to you. Thank you!

thanks for this reply CarlcareOpebi i based in abeokuta ogun state
Re: My Techo Phantom 6plus Geeting Hot- Overheating by parrotibaba(m): 4:20pm On Jan 10, 2017
See tecno marketers trying to shut up the op grin grin grin

TappGroupNG:

jesfrosh:

TappGroupNG:
Was it a brand new phantom6? Or you bought it used (they might have changed some parts if it was bought used)
Re: My Techo Phantom 6plus Geeting Hot- Overheating by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 10, 2017
parrotibaba:
See tecno marketers trying to shut up the op grin grin grin

you need psychiatric attention.

Re: My Techo Phantom 6plus Geeting Hot- Overheating by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 10, 2017
samsam2019:
yea, it's my fault

am not heavy user I didt even have a single game on the phone
TappGroupNG:
samsam2019:
yea, it's my fault

Re: My Techo Phantom 6plus Geeting Hot- Overheating by parrotibaba(m): 6:13pm On Jan 10, 2017
jesfrosh:

you need psychiatric attention.

Re: My Techo Phantom 6plus Geeting Hot- Overheating by parrotibaba(m): 6:18pm On Jan 10, 2017
bobot:

No mind them, they are trying to make you feel like you bought a defect, typical tecno marketers. They probably haven't even touched the phone let alone use it.
Re: My Techo Phantom 6plus Geeting Hot- Overheating by olanreyman(m): 7:33pm On Jan 10, 2017
guys pls how much doesn't Samsung note 3 panel cost I also have serious over heating issue. ..even on idle or switched off mode it hots. ..
Re: My Techo Phantom 6plus Geeting Hot- Overheating by excanny: 7:57pm On Jan 10, 2017
Ehimzy:

Bro it's true.. Though it's not completely tecno fault.. . It's the helio X20 processor, check online a lot of people complain about it overheating

This is not true. Helio X20 doesn't overheat.

MediaTek says the new Helio X20 deca-core chip is too clever to overheat

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/mediatek-helio-x20-overheating-news/
Re: My Techo Phantom 6plus Geeting Hot- Overheating by Nobody: 2:04am On Jan 11, 2017
[quote author=parrotibaba post=52697553][/quote]

grin

Re: My Techo Phantom 6plus Geeting Hot- Overheating by Nobody: 2:06am On Jan 11, 2017
bobot:

believe you now,it's advisable to take it to carlcare they'd know what's wrong with it
Re: My Techo Phantom 6plus Geeting Hot- Overheating by CarlcareOpebi(f): 5:27pm On Jan 11, 2017
bobot:
thanks for this reply CarlcareOpebi i based in abeokuta ogun state
Hi @bobot We have a collection point at the address below:
No. 25, LALUBU ROAD, OKELLEWO ABEOKUTA
OGUN, NIGERIA.
[08034348985]
Please find time to Visit. Thanks!
Re: My Techo Phantom 6plus Geeting Hot- Overheating by TappGroupNG: 3:37pm On Jan 12, 2017
I suggest you take it to any carlcare store near you so your warranty is still valid
bobot:

Re: My Techo Phantom 6plus Geeting Hot- Overheating by Gepheral: 1:35pm On Feb 16, 2018
Same problem here. I have restricted all my apps from using background data yet it gets hot as hell when I put on the mobile data or play music. And as it gets hot the battery rapidly drops. In 10 minutes it drops more than 10%. It doesn't matter sense

The only cooling system I deploy is putting off the data or stopping the music and placing the phone on tiles with the screen facing down. It cools down in 2-3 minutes but I think it is rather sad to be engaging in such after dolling out 130k to buy this phone

Any solution to this would be appreciated
Re: My Techo Phantom 6plus Geeting Hot- Overheating by mustykay: 4:16pm On Feb 21, 2018
TAKE TO TECNO OFFICE AT OPEBI THATYS IF ITS STILL UNDER WARRANTY
Re: My Techo Phantom 6plus Geeting Hot- Overheating by Jaculze(m): 10:09am On Feb 22, 2018
Please, take it to carlcare
Re: My Techo Phantom 6plus Geeting Hot- Overheating by Jaculze(m): 10:13am On Feb 22, 2018
TappGroupNG:
The thing sef tire me.
Re: My Techo Phantom 6plus Geeting Hot- Overheating by Jaculze(m): 10:14am On Feb 22, 2018
Gepheral:
Same problem here. I have restricted all my apps from using background data yet it gets hot as hell when I put on the mobile data or play music. And as it gets hot the battery rapidly drops. In 10 minutes it drops more than 10%. It doesn't matter sense

The only cooling system I deploy is putting off the data or stopping the music and placing the phone on tiles with the screen facing down. It cools down in 2-3 minutes but I think it is rather sad to be engaging in such after dolling out 130k to buy this phone

Any solution to this would be appreciated
take it to carlcare

(1) (2) (Reply)

How D I Unlock Zte 835 At&t To Nigeria Network. Urgent Please!! / Whatsapp Will Stop Working On These Phones By February 2020; Here’s Why / Google Chrome Iphone & Ipad Versions Launched

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.