Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,836 members, 7,862,747 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:10 AM

Anime This Winter 2017: Onihei: First Impressions - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Anime This Winter 2017: Onihei: First Impressions (671 Views)

The 6 Sexiest Athletes Of The 2018 Winter Olympics / Anime This Winter 2017 Season: Fuuka . First Impressions / Anime This Winter 2017 Season: Masamune-kun No Revenge:first Impressions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anime This Winter 2017: Onihei: First Impressions by Nobody: 6:31am On Jan 10, 2017
Good morning animelanders!

Anime title: Onihei

What is it about:

Hasegawa Heizō is a police officer in 18th century Japan investigating crime in his town.In the first episode, he has to enlist the help of a career criminal named Kumehachi in solving a series of violent criminal attacks in the city.

Is the anime good?

Wow....just wow.

Right from the opening theme....which is one cool jazz instrumental...through the plot which involves drama, passion, betrayal, idealism,...this anime takes you on a really cool ride. The animation is great, some scenes mixing swordplay and martial arts reminds you of some of the great martial arts movies of the past...and all combined to tell a crime procedural story....in 18th century Japan.

If you love anime, but want a break from the ''moe, moe, moe''that seems to make up most anime,if you want some serious animated stuff, if you love your swordplay and martial arts, and Seven samurai, if you are a Bleach and/or Gintama fan..this anime is highly recommended for you.

Infact, I can't wait for the second episode......

Where to watch: Here
Re: Anime This Winter 2017: Onihei: First Impressions by trilobite: 7:43am On Jan 10, 2017
are the action scenes as good as unlimited blade?
Re: Anime This Winter 2017: Onihei: First Impressions by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 10, 2017
trilobite:
are the action scenes as good as unlimited blade?

I haven't seen unlimited blade....

However.....from watching the first episode, it appears to be more of a detective show....but there is some swordplay action there...albeit it is not the main thing there.

But it appears to be good.....and I am eagerly waiting episode 2.

If there was an anime I would liken it to....probably Cowboy Bebop
Re: Anime This Winter 2017: Onihei: First Impressions by trilobite: 8:34am On Jan 10, 2017
9jakohai:

I haven't seen unlimited blade....

However.....from watching the first episode, it appears to be more of a detective show....but there is some swordplay action there...albeit it is not the main thing there.

But it appears to be good.....and I am eagerly waiting episode 2.

If there was an anime I would liken it to....probably Cowboy Bebop

please try and see unlimited blade works. You will change your definition of action anime.
are the scenes better than naruto (after madara's arrival)?
Re: Anime This Winter 2017: Onihei: First Impressions by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 10, 2017
trilobite:

please try and see unlimited blade works. You will change your definition of action anime.
are the scenes better than naruto (after madara's arrival)?

Appears to be more serious, and different from Naruto. It is a more ''realistic'' anime. No superpowers, etc.

(1) (Reply)

See The Best Response To Why Big Brother Naija Is Better Hosted In SA / See What This Twitter User Wrote About Kemen Few Weeks Before Disqualification / DOWNLOAD:AUDIO+VIDEO: Di’ja – Wan Chop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.