Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

8 Recommended Ways To Protect Your Eyes While Using A Smartphone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 8 Recommended Ways To Protect Your Eyes While Using A Smartphone (21815 Views)

Woman Got Burnt As Gas Cylinder Explodes While Using Her Phone (Graphic photos) / How To Get Faster Browsing Speed While Using Your Smartphone's Hotspot / How To Reduce Data Usage While Using Social Media On Your Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Recommended Ways To Protect Your Eyes While Using A Smartphone by Lexusgs430: 7:28am On Jan 10, 2017
GreenMavro:
I need to protect my eyes clearly...so I can see my green mavro well on the 14th

Hope you have loads of bitcoins?
Re: 8 Recommended Ways To Protect Your Eyes While Using A Smartphone by don4real18(m): 7:31am On Jan 10, 2017
You can also stop using your phone for some time.... 13 hours or more every week
Re: 8 Recommended Ways To Protect Your Eyes While Using A Smartphone by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 10, 2017
Wetin I wan protect again,wen d phone n TV haf alrdy done dere worst!Na glasses I dey use now sef! grin grin
Re: 8 Recommended Ways To Protect Your Eyes While Using A Smartphone by Thobiy(m): 7:42am On Jan 10, 2017
good tips
Re: 8 Recommended Ways To Protect Your Eyes While Using A Smartphone by gudlukin1: 7:46am On Jan 10, 2017
what about gamers like me spending up to 5 free hours on psvita
Re: 8 Recommended Ways To Protect Your Eyes While Using A Smartphone by Ugosample(m): 8:02am On Jan 10, 2017
jericco1:
These tips aren't meant for Africans

And why do you think so?
Re: 8 Recommended Ways To Protect Your Eyes While Using A Smartphone by Aburi001: 8:06am On Jan 10, 2017
matrixx9:
Most of us spend a lot of time on our smartphones. Sometimes while using these smartphones, our eyes hurt or we feel some pain in our eyes.

Most Doctors advise people not to spend a lot of time in front of screens .
If you really want to protect your eyes while using a smartphone, then follow the instructions below :

1. Keep It Far From Your Eyes

Most people spend their free time texting , watching movies or just surfing on internet .
The average smartphone screen size is small so they put their smartphones very close to their eyes. This is wrong, if you put your phone very close to your eyes, you may start having issues with your eyes.

Always remember to keep your smartphone 15 to 20 inches away from your eyes.

2. Blink Periodically
Most people hardly  blink while playing games or watching an interesting movie on their smartphone. This may cause redness or dryness of your eyes. If you want protect your eyes then you ought to blink your eyes regularly.

An average person blinks 2-50 times per minute depending on the condition. Blink your eyes to keep your eyes clean and moist.

3. Reduce screen brightness:

Most people love to increase the brightness of their smartphones. Increased brightness levels are harmful to the eyes.

So, always remember to set the level of your smartphone brightness to a level that's good for your eyes. I recommend using automatic brightness so your device can adapt to the different light levels at different conditions.

4. Wash your face:

Constant use of your smartphone may leave your eyes weak and tired. After a while you feel a slight pain in your eyes. To reduce the dryness of your eyes wash your face . This helps your eyes feel relaxed.

5. Use Anti-glare Protection :

Most smartphones come with anti-glare coating or special corning glass protection. But if your device doesn't have any of those, then you have to get an anti-glare coating or corning glass protection for your device .

You can also use anti-glare lens or glasses to protect your eyes as well.

6. Take A Break :

Always take a break while using your smartphone. Close your eyes for few minutes during the break.

7. Use Eye Therapy:

Close your eyes and put 2 fingers on your closed eyes and move them round . It helps to relax your eyes.

8. Take Vitamin A And Yeast Supplement

I normally do this to protect my eyes while blogging. My eyes used to hurt so bad at a certain point but once I took the vitamin A and yeast supplements for about 5 days, the pain reduced and my eyes were back to normal. If you're having a similar issue try this out.

I believe with these methods you can protect your eyes while using your smartphone.

Eat enough Carrot
Re: 8 Recommended Ways To Protect Your Eyes While Using A Smartphone by professore(m): 8:09am On Jan 10, 2017
Very good thread
Re: 8 Recommended Ways To Protect Your Eyes While Using A Smartphone by justman911(m): 8:24am On Jan 10, 2017
samtee37:
Good piece... But what about if your phone minimum brightness is like some phone maximum brightness.... hot notes

And galaxy notes too
Ayaf tire for that phone
Re: 8 Recommended Ways To Protect Your Eyes While Using A Smartphone by sunshineV(f): 8:29am On Jan 10, 2017
All dis problems na white man problem joor
Re: 8 Recommended Ways To Protect Your Eyes While Using A Smartphone by Divay22(f): 8:30am On Jan 10, 2017
Thanks OP
I really do need this, my eyes hurts badly last night,that I just had to drop my phone against my wish and force myself to sleep...
Re: 8 Recommended Ways To Protect Your Eyes While Using A Smartphone by jericco1(m): 9:00am On Jan 10, 2017
Ugosample:

And why do you think so?
we dnt care abt our health.
Re: 8 Recommended Ways To Protect Your Eyes While Using A Smartphone by Ugosample(m): 9:09am On Jan 10, 2017
jericco1:
we dnt care abt our health.
You got that right
Re: 8 Recommended Ways To Protect Your Eyes While Using A Smartphone by buchilino(m): 9:14am On Jan 10, 2017
WAT A BEAUTIFUL TOPIC, OP THANKS 4 D INFO, COS IT SEEMS AM BECOMING ADDICTED 2 DIS THING CALLED SMARTPHONES.
Re: 8 Recommended Ways To Protect Your Eyes While Using A Smartphone by pr0blem: 9:19am On Jan 10, 2017
matrixx9:
Most of us spend a lot of time on our smartphones. Sometimes while using these smartphones, our eyes hurt or we feel some pain in our eyes.

If you really want to protect your eyes while using a smartphone, then follow the instructions below :

Most people spend their free time texting , watching movies or just surfing on internet .
The average smartphone screen size is small so they put their smartphones very close to their eyes. This is wrong, if you put your phone very close to your eyes, you may start having issues with your eyes.

2. Blink Periodically
Most people hardly  blink while playing games or watching an interesting movie on their smartphone. This may cause redness or dryness of your eyes. If you want protect your eyes then you ought to blink your eyes regularly.

An average person blinks 2-50 times per minute depending on the condition. Blink your eyes to keep your eyes clean and moist.

Most people love to increase the brightness of their smartphones. Increased brightness levels are harmful to the eyes.

So, always remember to set the level of your smartphone brightness to a level that's good for your eyes. I recommend using automatic brightness so your device can adapt to the different light levels at different conditions.

4. Wash your face:

Constant use of your smartphone may leave your eyes weak and tired. After a while you feel a slight pain in your eyes. To reduce the dryness of your eyes wash your face . This helps your eyes feel relaxed.

Most smartphones come with anti-glare coating or special corning glass protection. But if your device doesn't have any of those, then you have to get an anti-glare coating or corning glass protection for your device .

6. Take A Break :

Always take a break while using your smartphone. Close your eyes for few minutes during the break.

7. Use Eye Therapy:

Close your eyes and put 2 fingers on your closed eyes and move them round . It helps to relax your eyes.

I normally do this to protect my eyes while blogging. My eyes used to hurt so bad at a certain point but once I took the vitamin A and yeast supplements for about 5 days, the pain reduced and my eyes were back to normal. If you're having a similar issue try this out.

I believe with these methods you can protect your eyes while using your smartphone.

nice write up bro
Re: 8 Recommended Ways To Protect Your Eyes While Using A Smartphone by pr0blem: 9:22am On Jan 10, 2017
matrixx9:

2. Blink Periodically

4. Wash your face:

6. Take A Break :

7. Use Eye Therapy:

good info
Re: 8 Recommended Ways To Protect Your Eyes While Using A Smartphone by egopersonified(f): 9:30am On Jan 10, 2017
9. While using your phone in the dark, put on it's torchlight to reduce the strain on your eyes from the brightness of the phone.
Re: 8 Recommended Ways To Protect Your Eyes While Using A Smartphone by maclexyiii(m): 9:36am On Jan 10, 2017
OP,clap for yourself. you trt
Re: 8 Recommended Ways To Protect Your Eyes While Using A Smartphone by ourkobo: 9:41am On Jan 10, 2017
use dark screen saver
Re: 8 Recommended Ways To Protect Your Eyes While Using A Smartphone by iluvdonjazzy: 10:19am On Jan 10, 2017
matrixx9:

2. Blink Periodically

4. Wash your face:

6. Take A Break :

7. Use Eye Therapy:

that is because its ur eyes.
Re: 8 Recommended Ways To Protect Your Eyes While Using A Smartphone by obyikye(f): 10:28am On Jan 10, 2017
timely
Re: 8 Recommended Ways To Protect Your Eyes While Using A Smartphone by CBNIM: 10:31am On Jan 10, 2017
OK!
Re: 8 Recommended Ways To Protect Your Eyes While Using A Smartphone by elfico(m): 11:18am On Jan 10, 2017
For Andorid users, Android 6.0 comes with a feature called adaptive lightning. The feature automatically adjusts the screen brightness depending on the amount of light and it also reduces the color tone when Night falls.
Re: 8 Recommended Ways To Protect Your Eyes While Using A Smartphone by sweetestever(f): 12:16pm On Jan 10, 2017
noted
Re: 8 Recommended Ways To Protect Your Eyes While Using A Smartphone by Lionofdjungle: 12:42pm On Jan 10, 2017
Dim the light of your smart phones.
Re: 8 Recommended Ways To Protect Your Eyes While Using A Smartphone by MrGreenMavro: 1:33pm On Jan 10, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Hope you have loads of bitcoins?

yes and i sell bitcoins too

cheesy cheesy
Re: 8 Recommended Ways To Protect Your Eyes While Using A Smartphone by Lexusgs430: 1:39pm On Jan 10, 2017
GreenMavro:

yes and i sell bitcoins too

cheesy cheesy

You are well equipped for the 14th (a day million's of Nigeria's are waiting 4).........

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone / Top Selling Gadgets In Nigeria This Season / It Seems Glo Has Even disconnected itself before the NIN Deadline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.