Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter (6271 Views)

Mazda 121 For A Starter In Abuja Call 08100392181 N180,000 / Jump Starter To Charge Your Car Battery,laptops,phones,and Tablets Anywhere / Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by mrofficial(m): 5:36pm On Nov 25, 2009
server34:

lol @ Orange and Apples. Actually, there's a feeling that comes with a jeep which I wanna feel. Also cos of d bad roads in naija, I think a jeep will do. The Kia Sportage is more fuel efficient, and d Honda Accord is everywhere in lagos  angry

Yeah am confused, but my mind seems set on d Sportage. I just need someone to agree with me so I don't look like d only stupid one. . .pleaseeee!

My guy if you need swagger, buy the Honda.

If not buy the jeep then.
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by toosoon(m): 5:38pm On Nov 25, 2009
server34:

lol @ Orange and Apples. Actually, there's a feeling that comes with a jeep which I wanna feel. Also cos of d bad roads in naija, I think a jeep will do. The Kia Sportage is more fuel efficient, and d Honda Accord is everywhere in lagos  angry

Yeah am confused, but my mind seems set on d Sportage. I just need someone to agree with me so I don't look like d only stupid one. . .pleaseeee!

if you have made up your mind then go for it, but note that Kia sportage no be Jeep na SUV.
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by brightO5: 5:45pm On Nov 25, 2009
but bros, why dont u look for any of these banks or car dealers that gives you the car of ur choice and you pay the balance instalmentally for a longer period and still get the good brand new car.
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by RULEDAWLD: 6:16pm On Nov 25, 2009
BROS EH SINCE YOU WANT SOMETHING BETWEEN THE RANGE OF 400K AND BEING A STARTER WHY NOT START WITH KEKE YOU WILL REALLY ENJOY IT CRUZING IN IT ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU EMPLOY A DRIVER WHILE YOU AND YOUR GF OR WIFEY SIT AT THE BACK AS THE CAR OWNER THAT WILL BE REALLY INTERESTEING AND FUN.

THINK ABOUT IT
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 25, 2009
~subscribed~
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by agathamari(f): 6:56pm On Nov 25, 2009
get a neon. they are reliable easy to drive
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by wilsonjay: 7:05pm On Nov 25, 2009
but bros, why dont u look for any of these banks or car dealers that gives you the car of your choice and you pay the balance instalmentally for a longer period and still get the good brand new car.

@bright o
pls do you know of any one of this car dealer that you can link me with . i mean those that can allow me to pay installmentally
this is my no 08029198811
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by tkb417(m): 7:07pm On Nov 25, 2009
505 or 504
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by hackney(m): 7:57pm On Nov 25, 2009
With 500k go to calabar and buy witch flying broom.
Very green (fuel efficient). grin cheesy

On a more serious note, with your budget  you cant do better than a  toyota corolla ('91 model)
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by mamagee3(f): 8:11pm On Nov 25, 2009
Toyota Camry or Honda is okay!!! wink
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by parki: 9:17pm On Nov 25, 2009
abeg go use volkswagen,

for first time owners this car is highly recommended atleast na wetin our papa dem take start,
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by unclebros: 9:24pm On Nov 25, 2009
Poster, i have an honda halla that i want to sell. very good and fuel efficiency is to good
let me know if you are interested
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by ChiChi77: 10:04pm On Nov 25, 2009
How come nobody buys American cars on this site, is it that bad or are parts hard to find in 9ja?, The Ford Mustang is a strong car, as strong as a Japansese car.
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by febirac(m): 11:16pm On Nov 25, 2009
nobody mentioned mercedes, why? grin
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by walttt(m): 6:49am On Nov 26, 2009
Chi_Chi77:

How come nobody buys American cars on this site, is it that bad or are parts hard to find in 9ja?, The Ford Mustang is a strong car, as strong as a Japansese car.
yeah. down with the Mustang, anytime. Jus luv dat car,
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by oluomoadebayo: 7:42am On Nov 26, 2009
go for toyota
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by funshiba(m): 10:22am On Nov 26, 2009
buy ijapa
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by lynxnoon(m): 2:37pm On Nov 26, 2009
can 400k buy any jeep? talk less of a kia sportage. . . . undecided
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by c0274309: 5:02pm On Nov 26, 2009
See people talking about toyotas, hondas and Nissans for a learner driver in Nigeria, In Naija !! Come you're better off looking for an old peugeot 504 , 505 or even the old volkswagon bettle to start off with (Built for Nigerian roads).

As a first time learner expect to hit others as well as others hitting you, Unfortunately na so naija be and in terms of durability or parts they are second to none in abundance everywhere.

Or is anybody here going to compare the durablility, price or maintenance of a 504, 505 or VW Bettle in comparision to toyotas, hondas, Mazdas and Nissans ??
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by bandely(m): 7:29pm On Nov 26, 2009
febirac:

nobody mentioned mercedes, why? grin
lol! grin grin
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by dammit4u(m): 11:45pm On Nov 26, 2009
considerin d money u hav at hand! hav u think about GOLF?
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by Bigclen(m): 3:23am On Nov 27, 2009
For that price you're looking at. A honda accord or a toyota camry will serve u best. And of course am talkin bout the old models
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by erico2k2(m): 10:24am On Nov 27, 2009
@Poster
let me point some few things out for you
Fuel Economy has nothing to do with a particular make of any car, it has to do with the Engine capacity and the mode of driving(Driving manners) ie go for a car with engine capacity of 1.2,1.3,1.4 or 1.6 n 1.8 max
now for you budget, you will be very lucky to have any of those for what you are wiling to spend, you will need to look for guys who came back to the country to spend christmas and new years hols and are willing to get rid of the ride they brought with them,usually Jan.
ANother point is availability of parts and technical know how.
good luck.
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by janine000: 5:28pm On Nov 27, 2009
the old little bettle! lol grin
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 27, 2009
Peugeot 305 1,5.
Peugeot 504 1,8.
Honda Accord 1,6 ('83 model).
Toyota Corolla 1,3 ('83-'88).
Nissan Sunny 1,2/1,3 ('84-'89).
Volkswagen Golf II 1,0/1,3 ('84-'90).

The above are relatively simple cars, with small displacement engines. Parts are in abundance in Nigeria too, I wouldn't go for bigger engines, or an automatic as a first car, due to maintenance issues.
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by stede(m): 6:29pm On Nov 27, 2009
Toyota cars are 9ce. 2 be specific i' ve recommend Toyota Camry 09 ( muscle) and d road are badd inn ur area u can get Toyota Rava
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by EmoDeSax(m): 7:13am On Nov 28, 2009
WELL the best answer to this topic is:~

First when a human is born then he likes to have a car(toy).
So the brand of toy industry is good for a starter.
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 28, 2009
stede:

Toyota cars are 9ce. 2 be specific i' ve recommend Toyota Camry 09 ( muscle) and d road are badd inn your area u can get Toyota Rava

Your response doesn't match the original request, by the original poster.

Why would a first time buyer, with little experience in cars, and perhaps less in driving, buy a 2009 Toyota Camry with a large-displacement engine? Or a Toyota Rav 4?

The Camry's not going to be cheap, it's crazy to even suggest it. A new driver will have a few scrapes and bashes, why would you suggest an expensive car to get damaged? A cheap car with a small engine is more user-friendly. The smallest engine in the 2009 MY Camry is 2,4L.
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by lomaxbien(m): 9:25pm On Nov 28, 2009
gat a neon for sale and a mazda 626 1998 model but with your price i dont think they'l fly,
u should stay with a golf 3,price my end, 590k(preorder),or a naija used honda hala.
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by whiteroses(f): 10:18pm On Nov 29, 2009
one of this bad boys

Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by bimbor(m): 4:14am On Nov 30, 2009
you will only get this one in museums. its extinct.[color=][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Solar Street Light Available At Wholesale Prices #25,000 +2348065381062 / Toyota Picnic 2003 For Sale / Autocejikon Automart. New Stock Of Naija Used Cars With Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.