Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,369 members, 7,815,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo) (71245 Views)

Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) / Taye Taiwo Looks Fresh And Cute In Recent Pictures / Mikel Obi Reacts To Buhari's Wife In Kitchen Comment With This Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by zadok60: 4:49pm On Jan 10, 2017
fistonati:
Oh LOrd pls dont let my Glory go down like taiye-taiwo
elenu woofer...

the dude can feed your a whole year without feeling anything..Mtcheew

i roo know crew

Re: Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by davidif: 4:50pm On Jan 10, 2017
donbuchi1:
Player
Óscar Ustari
Gustavo Cabral
Lautaro Formica
Julio Barroso
Juan Manuel Torres
Gabriel Paletta
Lucas Biglia
Pablo Zabaleta
Pablo Vitti
Patricio Pérez
Emiliano Armenteros
Nereo Champagne
Ezequiel Garay
David Abraham
Rodrigo Archubi
Neri Cardozo
Fernando Gago
Lionel Messi
Sergio Agüero
Gustavo Oberman
Nicolás Navarro

Wow! Ezekiel Garay, Fernando Gago and Lucas Biglia also?
Re: Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by meshcool007: 4:56pm On Jan 10, 2017
[quote author=Adonis7 post=52693577]

One went ahead to develop himself and strove to become a world champion

The others... Well sha, they're making money

there is a different btw learning football n when it is inborn; nor of used their real age. Just dat some over reduce theirs
Re: Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by Abbycite(m): 5:11pm On Jan 10, 2017
gazmann:

Taiwo plays for Finlad league top side HJK helsinki and star boy 20 John owoeri won top scorer in swedish league. Edu Obasi has goal of the season award in Sweden too that squad squad good and young

And you call that a perfect footballing career for somebody that climb the podium with a Lionel Messi.........Nigeria and mediocrity sha!

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by Abbycite(m): 5:13pm On Jan 10, 2017
fistonati:
After Mikel achieved what's to achieve in the world of football. he has to make money. he need the money now, because he's still coming to europe in two years time and chiness league may have changed then

If he had improved himself like Messi did, he will be making a lot more in a more relevant league......BTW, Messi is still going "Chinese" too, just imagine what they will pay him when that time comes.....
Re: Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by franklingud(m): 5:15pm On Jan 10, 2017
Messi looked like a goblin four thirty eyes.

And that was when mikel obi was the real mikel. Sir Alex Ferguson wanted to make him the world's most dangerous striker but he flopped up to become a standing 4.

Anyways he has made his money shaa!

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by BuddhaPalm(m): 5:23pm On Jan 10, 2017
Abbycite:
Hmmmn.....Taye Taiwo career is long dead, Mikel just swallow the bullet and Messi is still the best in the world

Do you know how much $$$ he has stashed...

Don't forget: Pele's football playing career is also long dead.

Everything comes to an end.
Re: Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by Abbycite(m): 5:26pm On Jan 10, 2017
BuddhaPalm:

Do you know how much $$$ he has stashed...

Don't forget: Pele's football playing career is also long dead.

Everything comes to an end.

Bro.....I dont see Pele in that pix, do u? We are comparing the 3 players in that pix....
Re: Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by Iamthoney(m): 5:46pm On Jan 10, 2017
Kakafranky:
That year for me mikel was the best.
You might wanna tell me how Mikel was the best at that tournament because I am not understanding
Re: Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by ufuosman(m): 7:05pm On Jan 10, 2017
0b10010011:
Taye Taiwo was older than the coach that year grin
this insult too big abeg, u wicked o. lol

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by wayodude(m): 7:39pm On Jan 10, 2017
The funny thing here is that the average Nigerian is always skeptical and quick to forcefully claim everyone is a cheat with or without proof.

Some points to be noted:

1. Both Taye and Mikel have served the senior national team with distinction. Nothing said against them can change this fact.

2. Messi was without any doubt head and shoulders better than every player in that youth competition in 2005 and today he remains better than them. No news there.

3. Do you remember Ryan Babel once of Liverpool? Was he not a key player for the host team in that tournament? Where is he now? Is he also a cheat?

4. Even in countries where there are proper structures in place for the enhancement of youth player development, only a small number of players (teen prodigies) make it to the senior national team at all, and they don't get berated by fans for not being better than one of the best players that ever lived!

5. Have you heard of Ravel Morrison? He played alongside Pogba and Lingard for the cup winning Man Utd youth team in 2011. They said he was the best since Paul Scholes! Today he doesn't have a club and is training with Wigan. This didn't happen to Taye or Mikel.

Finish. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by abdulkayus(m): 7:45pm On Jan 10, 2017
Dinocarex:
Out of the whole squad that went to Netherland then.
I think its only Mikel Obi that's still relevant in Nigeria football.
Van Sankin - NPFL
Adeleye - Missing
Onyekachi Akpam - Retired
Taye Taiwo - Missing
Adebayo - RIP ( Miss you bro)
Sani Kaita - Retired
Obasi - Club less
Promise Isaac - Missing
Mikel Obi - Chinese Money ( We appreciate you)

Those are the ones I can remember abeg!

Sani Kaita is in his state, Kano. His house is nt far frm my working place. We do see him every friday at Jumaat Mosque. He was still one small chain like that d first time i saw him at d mosque, formin one local champion. Ppl no too send am like that except dos u hasn't see him b4. Heard that he was arrogant and it was his bad behaviour that later bring him down. After d youth champion, he was able to get a club in Europe and he start looking down on ppl and his peers. Then, wen he come to Kano during d break, he will be feeling pompous. Hmmmmmm. Pride goes b4 fall.
Re: Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by Kunlexxxx(m): 7:48pm On Jan 10, 2017
0b10010011:
Taye Taiwo was older than the coach that year grin
Guy, you wicked!
Re: Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by abbey72(m): 8:29pm On Jan 10, 2017
God bless my hustle
Re: Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by P0intBlank(m): 8:48pm On Jan 10, 2017
Daninya11:
Mikel had a successful career in football but he didn't have a fulfilling career.

The best games Mikel has played according to my aversion are :

1.UCL game against Barcelona at Camp Nou 2012.

2.UCL Finals gameagainst Bayern Munich 2012.

3.Nigeria vs Spain at the Confederation Cup.

4.Nigeria vs Ivory Coast at 2013 Afcon Quarter Final.

5.Nigeria vs Argentina U-20 world cup 2005.

Those games will i cherish forever.

Add to these:

Chelsea vs Man U (2007 FA CUP Final)

Honduras vs Nigeria (2016 Olympics 3rd Place Match)

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by jeffjoker: 8:58pm On Jan 10, 2017
Adonis7:

One went ahead to develop himself and strove to become a world champion

The others... Well sha, they're making money

Guy u wicked ooo

#Adonis7HasSpoken
Re: Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by morbeta(m): 10:29pm On Jan 10, 2017
sammyj:
Omo Messi Ugly ooooo. Money is good sha!!! grin grin grin shocked tongue

If Messi is ugly according to you, Taye Taiwo come ve wetin.
Re: Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by DauraDullard0(m): 10:30pm On Jan 10, 2017
seeyouin2019:
And Taiye Taiwo is already retired. I guess he was another Philip Osondu of U17...
Taye Taiwo still plays football for Finland top side HJK.

Lionel Messi is arguably the best footballer ever in the history of the game. So don't try to draw comparisons.
Re: Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by Jonsilva: 10:37pm On Jan 10, 2017
funny u guyz
Re: Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by bush112(m): 10:45pm On Jan 10, 2017
Damibiz:
Hahahaha wait oh,na shit na e Obi shit inside that Nikker ?...jst asking oh
na kodo
Re: Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by Mannygoulding(m): 11:03pm On Jan 10, 2017
better definition of passion, talent, hard work and the ones wey one hammer!
Re: Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by mcyemite(m): 11:15pm On Jan 10, 2017
Take it or leave it,mikel is a legendary player we should all be proud of as a nigerian.over a hundred players participated in that tornament,mikel survived in a top club in europe for a decade winning lot cups in europe,how many frm that tornament did achieve that feat? Or was he the only player frm the nigeria squad? Are the rest dead...abeg the guy deserves respect.
Re: Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by Gagaboy1212(m): 11:58pm On Jan 10, 2017
Dat year when argentina was called ojoro master and messi scored through penalty i guess it was organised in holland but na primary school i dey dat time
Re: Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by gemale(m): 12:30am On Jan 11, 2017
tyokunbo:
Source: http://towncrieronline.net/2017/01/10/throw-back-photo-of-lion-messi-taye-taiwo-and-mikel-obi-in-2005/

From the archives: 2005 World Youth Championship. Taiye Taiwo, Lionel Messi and John Mikel Obi.

CHAI!!! I rmbr feeling dt Nigeria was cheated out of D championship & mikel shld hv won d golden ball. Argentina won by scoring 2 penalties while chinedu ogbuke Obasi scored a sweet flying header 4 Nigeria. Nw tym has told us d truth; dt it was a gud thing Messi won dt golden ball. Cheating in age grade tournaments wldnt help us in ds coun3 because u can't cheat nature. Messi has nw bcom a name dt makes dt sends shivers down d spine of D world's best defenders & teams when dey hear dey r playing against barca. Aguero, who also played in dt match (was fouled 2 gv Argentina a penalty) has gone on 2 bcom 1 of D most lethal strikers in d English premiership, despite struggling wt injuries. Meanwhile look @ mikel & Taiwo. Taiwo has long fallen in2 obscurity, playing in an unknown club & hasn't worn a super Eagles Jersey in over 5 yrs. Mikel has fared beta dan Taiwo bt is @ best a mediocre player. His longs yrs in Chelsea r only being counted as fruitful because he had always bn surrounded by quality players who delivered d goods. Mikel himself was neva in dt ilk, he was mostly a fringe player who was used as a backup. He was introduced most tyms in2 d game 2 preserve d lead & lock up shop. He neva marshaled d midfield, directed plays or asserted himself as an indispensable member of D Chelsea squad. He was more of an insurance player. Even John Terry (a centre back) has more goals dan Mikel. D consequences of age grade cheating has manifested itself in our national team. Mikel is d only player of dt 2005 u-20 crop dt is still in d team. D rest (promise Isaac, Obasi, Taiwo, adeleye etc) hv long fallen by d wayside while odas lyk Kennedy chinwo, David abwo, ambrose vanzekin, daddy bazuaye, Solomon okoronkwo etc neva smelt a place in d super eagles. Dese r players meant 2 b in their late 20s & apart 4rm olufemi adebayo who died in a ghastly accident some yrs back, r still alive. Where r dey nw?
Re: Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by fuckingAyaya(m): 10:47am On Jan 11, 2017
Barcelona really saved messi from been an slowpoke
Re: Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by Dinocarex(m): 12:56pm On Jan 11, 2017
abdulkayus:

Sani Kaita is in his state, Kano. His house is nt far frm my working place. We do see him every friday at Jumaat Mosque. He was still one small chain like that d first time i saw him at d mosque, formin one local champion. Ppl no too send am like that except dos u hasn't see him b4. Heard that he was arrogant and it was his bad behaviour that later bring him down. After d youth champion, he was able to get a club in Europe and he start looking down on ppl and his peers. Then, wen he come to Kano during d break, he will be feeling pompous. Hmmmmmm. Pride goes b4 fall.

I feel so sad for him anyway. He should be 30 according to football age right but I doubt that.
He should be close to 40 in real life
Re: Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 11, 2017
wayodude:
The funny thing here is that the average Nigerian is always skeptical and quick to forcefully claim everyone is a cheat with or without proof.

Some points to be noted:

1. Both Taye and Mikel have served the senior national team with distinction. Nothing said against them can change this fact.

2. Messi was without any doubt head and shoulders better than every player in that youth competition in 2005 and today he remains better than them. No news there.

3. Do you remember Ryan Babel once of Liverpool? Was he not a key player for the host team in that tournament? Where is he now? Is he also a cheat?

4. Even in countries where there are proper structures in place for the enhancement of youth player development, only a small number of players (teen prodigies) make it to the senior national team at all, and they don't get berated by fans for not being better than one of the best players that ever lived!

5. Have you heard of Ravel Morrison? He played alongside Pogba and Lingard for the cup winning Man Utd youth team in 2011. They said he was the best since Paul Scholes! Today he doesn't have a club and is training with Wigan. This didn't happen to Taye or Mikel.

Finish. undecided

Excellent post.

My favorite....number 3.

Does anyone recall Sinama-Pognolle and Anthony Le Tallec? Anyone?

I recall Babel....well well. How he was going to be the next big thing...etc etc...and then fizzled out.

Playing youth football at FIFA tournament level does not a great career make.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by samuel19222(m): 1:42pm On Jan 11, 2017
fistonati:

he fit buy your village
Re: Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by Skmoda360(m): 5:21pm On Jan 11, 2017
fistonati:
amen oooooo in jesus name

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Croatia Sends Nikola Kalinic Home For Refusing To Play Against Nigeria / Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) / Victor Osimhen's Look After Clashing Head Injury (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.