Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,315 members, 7,829,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Nigerians To Stop Using Generators From 2010 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians To Stop Using Generators From 2010 (919 Views)

BENUE STATE Now Charges Residents For Using Generators. / Nigerians Will Stop Using Generators Soon- FG / Reasonable Electricity To State House Using Generators In 2011. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians To Stop Using Generators From 2010 by Abagworo(m): 9:16am On Nov 24, 2009
According to his excellency Dr Goodluck Jonathan

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=160580

Jonathan: Nigerians’ll Stop Using Generators Next Year
From Imam Imam in Kaduna, 11.24.2009

Add To Favorites
Print This Article
Post Comment

From Vice-President Goodluck Jonathan came a bold declaration yesterday: that Nigerians will no longer use generators for their industrial and private power needs by this time next year. Speaking in Kaduna at the inauguration of a production line for Peugeot 306 Sedan, Jonathan reisterated that Fed-eral Government is putting necessary machinery in place to meet all its targets in the power sector, beginning with the generation and distribution of 6,000mw scheduled for December. He said Federal Govern-ment’s plan to re-stimulate the manufacturing and transport industries in the country is anchored on the provision of key infrastructure such as power, railway, roads and waterways, as well as creating a positive environment for investment to thrive. He said in view of the current global economic meltdown, the government has set up a committee to interface with the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN) in order to arrive at concrete intervention measures across different sectors of the economy. He added: “To this end, submissions from scores of organisations have been received and that will aid the committee in determining specific responses to their peculiar situations. In addition, government has taken cognizance of the need to support local industry by galvanising Nigerians to tie their purchasing power to national interest.” Jonathan commended the management of Peugeot Automobile Nigeria (PAN) for sustaining production even in the face of growing challenges that have beset the automobile industry in the world. Earlier in his speech, Governor Namadi Sambo of Kaduna State said the steady growth of PAN had been a source of joy and pride to the government and people of the state. He said being the largest private employer of labour in the state, PAN has contributed immensely to the development of the local and state economy. He however, urged the management to device means of reducing the cost of production and cost of the car to make it affordable to generality of Nigerians. In a welcome address, the Managing Director of PAN, Dr. Haroun Aliyu, said the 307 Sedan is the first product initiated and executed under the new Nigerian management of the company. He said despite huge challenges, the management has introduced an elaborate plan to return the company to production peak recorded in the 80s. He however appealed to governments, corporate organisations and individuals to patronise the company's products with a view to making it compete. Jonathan’s promise of stable electricity came on the heels of a similar promise by Minister of Power, Dr. Rilwanu Babalola, who disclosed at the weekend that the power currently being generated in the country has increased to 3500 megawatts, maintaining that the 6000 megawatts target for next month is realisable. Babalola was speaking during a working tour of Geregu Gas Turbine Power Plant in Kogi State. The minister said: “Steady power supply is not magic. It can only be achieved through hard work and that is why I am still paying working visits to power plants on weekends to see things for myself in order to have first hand information on all the factors and challenges facing them because the government cannot afford to fail on its promise to Nigerians.”
Re: Nigerians To Stop Using Generators From 2010 by chosen04(f): 6:52pm On Nov 24, 2009
I will only believe that rubblish when they stop budgeting heavily for Generating expenses in ASO ROCK
Re: Nigerians To Stop Using Generators From 2010 by Kobojunkie: 7:13pm On Nov 24, 2009
This is before or after the 2010 budget, which allocates billions of naira to purchasing and maintaining generators, including aso rocks?
Re: Nigerians To Stop Using Generators From 2010 by Singular: 7:13pm On Nov 24, 2009
i will keep mine for historic purposes.
Re: Nigerians To Stop Using Generators From 2010 by bawomolo(m): 7:19pm On Nov 24, 2009
Singular:

i will keep mine for historic purposes.

You mean you would keep the old gen as a souvenir after you are forced to buy a new one?
Re: Nigerians To Stop Using Generators From 2010 by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 24, 2009
the power sector, beginning with the generation and distribution of 6,000mw scheduled for December

phcn's union have distanced themselves from this hot air political gimmick . one wonders how much these idiots have in their heads, even if they are able to meet the claimed 6000mw, do they think that will account for 20% of nigeria's demand capacity?

bunch of losers
Re: Nigerians To Stop Using Generators From 2010 by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 24, 2009
Nigeria is use to importation.,maybe we wont import gen again,we will imporjt electricity from saudi arabia directly
Re: Nigerians To Stop Using Generators From 2010 by Abagworo(m): 12:33am On Nov 25, 2009
~Bluetooth:

Nigeria is use to importation.,maybe we wont import gen again,we will imporjt electricity from saudi arabia directly

lmfao!!thats option ''b''
Re: Nigerians To Stop Using Generators From 2010 by puskin: 1:00am On Nov 25, 2009
They are all talking about generating 6,000MW. No-one is talking about the transmission lines nd other equipment needed 4transmission.
Maybe FG intends 2transmit the 6,000MW of electricity via the air. Hmmm! undecided undecided
Itz a possibility.
Re: Nigerians To Stop Using Generators From 2010 by OAM4J: 1:20am On Nov 25, 2009
This is simply funny. The power minister said the 6000mw by December is unrealistic. Even if they are able to generate and transmit 6000mw, will that be sufficient to stop all the industries from using generators. Sometimes I think these people just talk without thinking.
Re: Nigerians To Stop Using Generators From 2010 by dinggle: 1:24am On Nov 25, 2009
Who is he fooling??
Re: Nigerians To Stop Using Generators From 2010 by Nobody: 5:41am On Nov 25, 2009
It's getting late for Nigeria. Hopefully this project is real.

I just saw that movie 2012 and it really got me thinking. Anyone here think it could be true?

If the Mayan calendar ended in December 2012, does that mean that's the only alternative calendar in this world? Have to consult an Ifa priest quick. hahahah.
Re: Nigerians To Stop Using Generators From 2010 by ReachRich(m): 9:54am On Nov 25, 2009
South Africa with a populatn of about 48m generates upto 37,000mw of electricity, Nigeria with a populatn of more than 150m is still trying to generate 3,500mw.What a shame. FG in the 2010 budget plans to spend N0.5b on generators,maintenance and diesel yet they are saying we wont need generators in 2010.Who is fooling who?
Re: Nigerians To Stop Using Generators From 2010 by lannre(m): 10:36am On Nov 25, 2009
amen
Re: Nigerians To Stop Using Generators From 2010 by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 25, 2009
Yeh right, so how come there is a budget of 500million for dissel to service the villa in the 2009 budget
Re: Nigerians To Stop Using Generators From 2010 by Abagworo(m): 12:21am On Nov 27, 2013
Abagworo: According to his excellency Dr Goodluck Jonathan

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=160580

Jonathan: Nigerians’ll Stop Using Generators Next Year
From Imam Imam in Kaduna, 11.24.2009

Add To Favorites
Print This Article
Post Comment

From Vice-President Goodluck Jonathan came a bold declaration yesterday: that Nigerians will no longer use generators for their industrial and private power needs by this time next year. Speaking in Kaduna at the inauguration of a production line for Peugeot 306 Sedan, Jonathan reisterated that Fed-eral Government is putting necessary machinery in place to meet all its targets in the power sector, beginning with the generation and distribution of 6,000mw scheduled for December. He said Federal Govern-ment’s plan to re-stimulate the manufacturing and transport industries in the country is anchored on the provision of key infrastructure such as power, railway, roads and waterways, as well as creating a positive environment for investment to thrive. He said in view of the current global economic meltdown, the government has set up a committee to interface with the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN) in order to arrive at concrete intervention measures across different sectors of the economy. He added: “To this end, submissions from scores of organisations have been received and that will aid the committee in determining specific responses to their peculiar situations. In addition, government has taken cognizance of the need to support local industry by galvanising Nigerians to tie their purchasing power to national interest.” Jonathan commended the management of Peugeot Automobile Nigeria (PAN) for sustaining production even in the face of growing challenges that have beset the automobile industry in the world. Earlier in his speech, Governor Namadi Sambo of Kaduna State said the steady growth of PAN had been a source of joy and pride to the government and people of the state. He said being the largest private employer of labour in the state, PAN has contributed immensely to the development of the local and state economy. He however, urged the management to device means of reducing the cost of production and cost of the car to make it affordable to generality of Nigerians. In a welcome address, the Managing Director of PAN, Dr. Haroun Aliyu, said the 307 Sedan is the first product initiated and executed under the new Nigerian management of the company. He said despite huge challenges, the management has introduced an elaborate plan to return the company to production peak recorded in the 80s. He however appealed to governments, corporate organisations and individuals to patronise the company's products with a view to making it compete. Jonathan’s promise of stable electricity came on the heels of a similar promise by Minister of Power, Dr. Rilwanu Babalola, who disclosed at the weekend that the power currently being generated in the country has increased to 3500 megawatts, maintaining that the 6000 megawatts target for next month is realisable. Babalola was speaking during a working tour of Geregu Gas Turbine Power Plant in Kogi State. The minister said: “Steady power supply is not magic. It can only be achieved through hard work and that is why I am still paying working visits to power plants on weekends to see things for myself in order to have first hand information on all the factors and challenges facing them because the government cannot afford to fail on its promise to Nigerians.”

I love internet. Recorded history is golden.
Re: Nigerians To Stop Using Generators From 2010 by donphilopus: 12:24am On Nov 27, 2013
He said it in 2009, but we're still using GEN in 2019 nw!

Retardeen.
Re: Nigerians To Stop Using Generators From 2010 by egift(m): 1:46am On Nov 27, 2013
Have you all seen that Jonathan is very deceptive. He told us all manner of lies to get elected. From 2009 when he made this statement to now 2013, all he can show us is to drink himself to stupour in london.

It is time to kick the Ogogoro out of him. Nigerians Unite.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Stop Using Generators From 2010 by FindOut(m): 1:52am On Nov 27, 2013
FOUR YEARS AFTER, nothing.

Goodluck Jonathan for 2015.......as Chairman Ogbia L.G., Bayelsa state.

If per chance he looses that election (subject to sensible bayelsans being in the majority), then we hope he can be given the post of Councillor Ward 2 Otuoke area council cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Stop Using Generators From 2010 by Nobody: 1:53am On Nov 27, 2013
Imagine this??

This shows how most Nigerians are as clueless as the ogogoro man called Jonathan. This is almost to the end of 2013 and you are worse off than you were the last time he said power failure would be a thing of the past by 2010.

Bunch of people living wild in "mumukingdom". I have never seen citizens of a country as Nigeria. You all deserve what you get. SMH!!
Re: Nigerians To Stop Using Generators From 2010 by HAVIJ: 2:50am On Nov 27, 2013
grin grin BUSTED.
Re: Nigerians To Stop Using Generators From 2010 by iphy42: 12:51pm On Nov 27, 2013
Some people can lie and some can follow up on the lies! Where is sincere 9gerian and co?
Re: Nigerians To Stop Using Generators From 2010 by omenka(m): 1:54pm On Nov 27, 2013
iphy42: Some people can lie and some can follow up on the lies! Where is sincere 9gerian and co?
They are in the pdp e-tauts wailing sanctuary built by egift earlier today. Parhaps when they are done crying they would pay this thread a courtesy call.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Stop Using Generators From 2010 by Abagworo(m): 3:09pm On Nov 27, 2013
As at then I thought Jonathan had more action than the dull Yar'Adua only to realize they are same and Sambo is also like them.
Re: Nigerians To Stop Using Generators From 2010 by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 27, 2013
Abagworo: As at then I thought Jonathan had more action than the dull Yar'Adua only to realize they are same and Sambo is also like them.
Yar'adua is not dull! Did you forget he left a legacy behind even though he died so soon.
As for Namadi Sambo, he's as dumb as Jonathan. No doubt. grin grin
Re: Nigerians To Stop Using Generators From 2010 by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 27, 2013
I came to contribute my tears of joy as my neighbor just purchased a new generator today.... Up ADC!
Re: Nigerians To Stop Using Generators From 2010 by omar22(m): 3:46pm On Nov 27, 2013
May be he was about to climax when banging PEJ

At that moment we tend to say things we dont mean!!!

(1) (Reply)

"N400 Fills My Car Tank Back Home"-venezuelan Ambassador To Nigeria / South Korean Brings Peace Message To Nigeria / The Crisis Bw Dora Akunyili & Aondokaa Deepens As She Rejects "apology Letter"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.