Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Caleb University, Lagos Cuts Hair Of Students At The Gate (Photos) - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Caleb University, Lagos Cuts Hair Of Students At The Gate (Photos) (96082 Views)

Otedola Donates N2 Billion To Catholic's Augustine University, Lagos / 'ASUU On Strike' Warning At University Of Benin Main Gate (Photos) / Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Caleb University, Lagos Cuts Hair Of Students At The Gate (Photos) by Kaysalas(m): 11:36am On Jan 11, 2017
yedidiah:
Same Caleb that goes to JAMB to request for names of those not offered admission to source for potential students.
Is there a law that says that is illegal? please, try and be ............ wink
Re: Caleb University, Lagos Cuts Hair Of Students At The Gate (Photos) by Nov2(m): 11:40am On Jan 11, 2017
Jayne07:

They had several seminars and talks educating them on how to behave well and dress well. They were also warned that if they didn't adhere to the dress code and school rules... Measures would be taken to enforce them. When a child decides to be stupidly stubborn then the elders have to find other measures. If they didn't want the embarrassment of cutting their hair at the gate then they should have cut it from home because they were all warned before going home. Every institution has its set rules and regulations, you either follow them or face the consequences
I get you, but i think there is a stage in every human live that such person should be able to decide for him or her self, and i think the university is a place to help an individual to prepare itself for what lies ahead, but in a case where u still force a student to adhere to a law or u dictate what to eat, drink wear etc, then how u grooming such student to face the real world. Fine academically they maybe sound but socially, morally i don,t think so. imagine a male student in one of the private university dancing all because he made noodles for himself. See like i say our government is the cause of all this simple.
Re: Caleb University, Lagos Cuts Hair Of Students At The Gate (Photos) by wafer1: 11:42am On Jan 11, 2017
Some universities are just extensions of secondary school. Hair doesn't have to be low to make one good looking. Just get a style and make sure your stylist do it fine and you will look good. CALEB SECONDARY UNIVERSITY SCHOOL
Re: Caleb University, Lagos Cuts Hair Of Students At The Gate (Photos) by mezebel(f): 11:43am On Jan 11, 2017
[quote author=1Rebel post=52698528]

For you to think that there's a correlation between decency and hair length, there must be something fundamentally wrong with you.[/ u don get 419 like from 36 states. Kudos afonja head master
Re: Caleb University, Lagos Cuts Hair Of Students At The Gate (Photos) by Harinholar(f): 1:03pm On Jan 11, 2017
drskyfly007:
Really....on the contrary most medical consultants I know keep hair that are neatly trimmed mostly the professors..I don't know why...maybe I shud ask their mate in another profession known as Wole Soyinka smiley
..I rest my case
Re: Caleb University, Lagos Cuts Hair Of Students At The Gate (Photos) by willibounce1(m): 1:08pm On Jan 11, 2017
Donexy16:
Decency must be restored at all cost.. Best practice ever..

Maybe wole Soyinka is not decent because of his plenty hair.

1 Like

Re: Caleb University, Lagos Cuts Hair Of Students At The Gate (Photos) by glossy6(f): 1:30pm On Jan 11, 2017
xxxx69:

Lolz... u sound vexed with the school...

Yes ooh. Allow those kids some liberty, we were once like them. We need not deny them their youth because of one thing or the other
Re: Caleb University, Lagos Cuts Hair Of Students At The Gate (Photos) by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 11, 2017
Adeolakk:

Your sense of decency shouldn't be based on what people say.

But their statement affects you one way or another.

Let's take a look at bankers, they always keep their hair low. As a matter of fact, i'm yet to see a banker with afro or dreadlocks or mowhawk.

Sir your comment would be acceptable for a greater minority whose voice is unheard but this is the first time i'm talking to someone like you.

The society views people with lowcut hair as responsible compared to others. Even the majority of churches frown at it. When you are a worker in a church, you should'nt have long hair and versa.

I wrote an article on why we shouldn't despise people with long hair on nairaland but it's still hasn't seen the light of day. We're isolated and quarantined as if we have no place.

People now tend to link low hair to complete decency and that's why they're easily deceived because scammers dress just like their so called 'decent boys and men.'

I could go on and on and on and not get tired because of this case. Many people are making it seem as if it's the worst way of life.

Once again, i agree with you but our voice is not heard.

You ought to write an article on this so it can be debated on. Thanks.

'DECENCY ISN'T DECENCY'

It means for you to appear decent doesn't make you decent.
Re: Caleb University, Lagos Cuts Hair Of Students At The Gate (Photos) by princeakins(m): 5:37pm On Jan 11, 2017
undecided
Genea:
aaaahn aaaahn I did joor
undecided When, Where ,How

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Caleb University, Lagos Cuts Hair Of Students At The Gate (Photos) by COOL10(m): 6:38pm On Jan 11, 2017
josephine123:
See the Nigerian University that cuts hair of students at the Gate (Photos)

[img]http://2.bp..com/-Vb84mxX6YN8/WHUX5R-6IVI/AAAAAAAAAsU/lWxt6uxKQ6ck8VAoXSS9mSyQiTVI1pAqQCLcB/s640/showbanner.php_1-650x400.jpg[/img]

Caleb University is one of the private university located in Imota, Lagos Nigeri The school is renowned for its cleanliness and high academic taste.

It is also known to be really strict with its students when it came to paying attention to rules and regulations...

Recently the university caused a stir after employing a certain stringent measure to make sure that students complied with a law that says male students must wear a low hair cut within the campus premises.

According to a student who shared the story, barbers were seen stationed at the school gate to make sure that all students who came back with grown hair, cut their hair before entering the school. Lol
Image result for caleb university

However, social media users have found the development irritating with many people accusing Caleb University of being a “glorified secondary school”.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-NAukTf27tWQ/WHUX61WE5mI/AAAAAAAAAsY/CvgKD7uWltQ-ML41gRqCg9TsX38MPDoTgCLcB/s640/Caleb%2BUni%2B%25282%2529.JPG[/img]

SOURCE: http://www.nairanaijanews.com/2017/01/see-nigerian-university-that-cuts-hair.html
. U never enter Madonna. At least Caleb get Clipper. Na scissors sure pass
Re: Caleb University, Lagos Cuts Hair Of Students At The Gate (Photos) by seangy4konji: 8:10pm On Jan 11, 2017
Are you sayin Nigeria is still in early 40s then

This is 2017.
9jakohai:

Oddly enough, Japanese and Korean companies have strict dress and hair codes for their workers at all levels.

As do their primary and secondary schools. Universities are a bit ''loose'', but during the time Japan and Korea were growing at exponential rates...up to the late 1980's/early 1990's....dress and hair codes were enforced for their students too.
Re: Caleb University, Lagos Cuts Hair Of Students At The Gate (Photos) by gUdbOiii(m): 11:04pm On Jan 11, 2017
Good evening Sir/Ma....

Do you prefer Boarding Bus from Garage to Sóólè when Travelling?
Kindly help me to fill this questionnaire.
Thanks

http://belovedkonsult.com/online-poll-do-you-prefer-boarding-bus-from-garage-to-soole-yoruba-term-for-roadside-bus-when-travelling/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 / 2019/2020 PTDF Local & Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Have Been Shortlisted / Lecturer Gives Kenyan Student MouthAction In Office. Photos Shared On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.