Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

FG Appoints Auditors To Monitor States’ Finances - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Appoints Auditors To Monitor States’ Finances (12828 Views)

FG Appoints Consultant To Trace, Recover Looted Funds (pic) / FG Orders Security Agencies To Monitor Social Media Posts Of ‘prominent Nigerian / FG Appoints 5 New Directors, General Manager For NCAA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Appoints Auditors To Monitor States’ Finances by ckmayoca: 7:43am On Jan 11, 2017
PDP states in soup oh. Immunity covers APC I suppose.
Re: FG Appoints Auditors To Monitor States’ Finances by stone07(m): 7:44am On Jan 11, 2017
This can not work. I trust my state. They will use bribe to win d auditor conscience. Federal just want to enrich those auditors.
Re: FG Appoints Auditors To Monitor States’ Finances by RosaConsidine: 7:45am On Jan 11, 2017
petrov10:
this is illegal

but if it curbs corruption well

thou buhari isn't fighting curruption

It probably isn't. It was a precondition for the States' accessing the FG's loan offer and, so long as the States agreed to access the loan, they also agreed to their fiscal management being audited by the FG. What I'm not clear on is if the auditing is on all the States' finances inclusive and exclusive of the loan or just the States' expenditure of the money they accessed as loan from the FG. Think of it as a bank telling you they will carry out regular audits of your company's finances before they can grant you a loan when your company applies for one. It may sound like a pretty tough condition, but you have the choice not to take the loan in the first place if you don't want your books looked into.

2 Likes

Re: FG Appoints Auditors To Monitor States’ Finances by makdcash(m): 7:47am On Jan 11, 2017
Attack! Nice move buhari

Moreoffaith:
Good one...I love that formation from coach Buhari , 4-3-3 grin grin grin
Re: FG Appoints Auditors To Monitor States’ Finances by Moreoffaith(m): 7:48am On Jan 11, 2017
makdcash:
Attack! Nice move buhari

You get it bro.
Re: FG Appoints Auditors To Monitor States’ Finances by MyGeneration(m): 7:51am On Jan 11, 2017
That Criminal Rochas would never take this?
He is not done stealing Imo state money for his political ambition.

1 Like

Re: FG Appoints Auditors To Monitor States’ Finances by mapet: 7:53am On Jan 11, 2017
Atiku2019:
KPMG cry I Failed your interview/assessment in 2009 as a Graduate trainee cry cry ... Well I'm gonna return soon as a Senior Manager cool

I love your spirit....... and it shall be for you according to your desire
Re: FG Appoints Auditors To Monitor States’ Finances by Goldeno(m): 7:54am On Jan 11, 2017
Moreoffaith:
Good one...I love that formation from coach Buhari , 4-3-3 grin grin grin
craze nigga cheesycheesycheesy

well thank GOD its not that unreliable 4-5-1 formation gringringrin
Re: FG Appoints Auditors To Monitor States’ Finances by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 11, 2017
sarrki:
Good one

Most of the state executives are ceiminals

Wailers blame everything on the federal

What are those governor doing ?

And the executives of the audit firms arent criminals? cool
Re: FG Appoints Auditors To Monitor States’ Finances by Moreoffaith(m): 7:56am On Jan 11, 2017
grin grin grin

Goldeno:
craze nigga cheesycheesycheesy

well thank GOD its not that unreliable 4-5-1 formation gringringrin
Re: FG Appoints Auditors To Monitor States’ Finances by petrov10: 7:57am On Jan 11, 2017
Martins301:

Mr Lawyer how is this illegal? It's too early to be saying stupid things o.
get ur nonsense sef off my mention
Re: FG Appoints Auditors To Monitor States’ Finances by Atiku2019: 7:58am On Jan 11, 2017
mapet:

I love your spirit....... and it shall be for you according to your desire

Thanks Boss cool
Re: FG Appoints Auditors To Monitor States’ Finances by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 11, 2017
petrov10:
this is illegal

but if it curbs corruption well

thou buhari isn't fighting curruption

It is not illegal. The Fiscal Sustainability Plan (FSP) is like IMF conditonalities which you agree to abide with in order to access financial facility. The bailout fund was not forced down the throats of the governors; the accepted it with all the conditonalities attached
Re: FG Appoints Auditors To Monitor States’ Finances by eph12(m): 8:07am On Jan 11, 2017
sarrki:
Good one

This has always been the case. The fg is always blamed so this administration should not be different.
Re: FG Appoints Auditors To Monitor States’ Finances by unofficial(m): 8:09am On Jan 11, 2017
Atiku2019:
KPMG cry I Failed your interview/assessment in 2009 as a Graduate trainee cry cry ... Well I'm gonna return soon as a Senior Manager cool

And you just had to say this here.
Re: FG Appoints Auditors To Monitor States’ Finances by Atiku2019: 8:11am On Jan 11, 2017
unofficial:

And you just had to say this here.

My heart and Soul is always with them. cool Thanks

1 Like

Re: FG Appoints Auditors To Monitor States’ Finances by petbam: 8:11am On Jan 11, 2017
If the motive is right kudos to the president but if the motive is only to deal with those govnrs in the opposition. It will never work at all.
Re: FG Appoints Auditors To Monitor States’ Finances by focus7: 8:12am On Jan 11, 2017
This is a welcome development to check Fayose stealing venture.
Re: FG Appoints Auditors To Monitor States’ Finances by MKO4ever(m): 8:23am On Jan 11, 2017
Why is my Akintola Williams Deloitte not mentioned? Or is it that we are not among the firms selected?

1 Like

Re: FG Appoints Auditors To Monitor States’ Finances by ArabMopol(m): 8:44am On Jan 11, 2017
sarrki:
Good one

FG suppose to set examples while states follows, since the head is useless don't expect the tail to be useful... Buhari should lead by example

Re: FG Appoints Auditors To Monitor States’ Finances by GeoOla25(m): 8:44am On Jan 11, 2017
MKO4ever:
Why is my Akintola Williams Deloitte not mentioned? Or is it that we are not among the firms selected?
because they sent me a regret mail after writing the passionate essay of how I wished to work with them and their multiple choice test was a hit back to back in their 2016 graduate trainee assessment.... let them hire me and they will get hired.. lol

1 Like

Re: FG Appoints Auditors To Monitor States’ Finances by SirdeKay: 8:51am On Jan 11, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if some corrupt state governors gang up and head for the courts to challenge this courageous move by the FG. All in a bid to cover up their dirty tracks. The case will then drag on and on, forgetting the fact that the governors are doing worse to their local council chairmen.
Re: FG Appoints Auditors To Monitor States’ Finances by phoenix90(m): 9:20am On Jan 11, 2017
This is a clear case of who pays the piper dictates the tune. The states of course won't mind nor have the audacity to protest such incursion into their independent affairs. Once they've continously sold their birthright to the FG by constantly going cap in hand to Aso-Rock begging for crumbs. I sincerely oppose vehemently this kind of Federation. We should practice true federalism, states should be given independence to carry out economic and commercial activities to generate revenues. The natural resources abounding in each states should be exploited either by the states alone or a joint venture with the FG. If the former is adopted the states should be paying taxes and royalties to the FG. This will bring about even and accelerated development of the federating units and grant more deserved respect to the states.
I don't give a FVCK!!!!!!!
Re: FG Appoints Auditors To Monitor States’ Finances by straighttalk(m): 9:27am On Jan 11, 2017
I Will SEE HOW OUR UNGRATEFUL, GOOD FOR NOTHING GOV. BELLO OF KOGI STATE WILL EXPLAIN THE BAIL OUT FUND AND OTHER ALLOCATIONS FROM FG HE HAS RECEIVED. VERY INSENSITIVE AND ARROGANT PAGAN WHO ALLAH IS ONLY GIVING SOME RESPITE TO REPENT BEFORE HIS FINAL DOOM.
Re: FG Appoints Auditors To Monitor States’ Finances by Archbishop88: 9:28am On Jan 11, 2017
Na inh be say fayose don enter wahala. Dat guy no pay salaries. E dey even lie say inh no collect bailout
Re: FG Appoints Auditors To Monitor States’ Finances by Sheggy13(m): 9:47am On Jan 11, 2017
Atiku2019:

If you truly have such a lofty ambition, you would at least spend your time trying to work more on yourself, building a better resume than wasting time here daily trying to launder the image of one of the idiots that put us in this condition we're in as a country, cos of some few change he has given you.

1 Like

Re: FG Appoints Auditors To Monitor States’ Finances by Atiku2019: 9:53am On Jan 11, 2017
Sheggy13:

If you truly have such a lofty ambition, you would at least spend your time trying to work more on yourself, building a better resume than wasting time here daily trying to launder the image of one of the idiots that put us in this condition we're in as a country, cos of some few change he has given you.

When i said I'm coming back as a Senior Manager do you think I've not been building my resume? grin grin Oga...Thanks

1 Like

Re: FG Appoints Auditors To Monitor States’ Finances by Tarzaa(m): 10:14am On Jan 11, 2017
Wow! What a nice move!
Re: FG Appoints Auditors To Monitor States’ Finances by AgreatMan: 11:42am On Jan 11, 2017
Atiku2019:

I failed it too at the last stage. Perhaps you should employ them to audit your company account. No be money them go collect?
Re: FG Appoints Auditors To Monitor States’ Finances by Dotman2210(m): 11:46am On Jan 11, 2017
Nice move from FG...this should curb the financial recklessness of those governors
Re: FG Appoints Auditors To Monitor States’ Finances by Jxtfrank: 12:35pm On Jan 11, 2017
Auditors which have been unable to audit federal government financial mismanagement. of funds are sent to audit states finances.
Hmm, I wonder what. they are. going to do (audit). there.
Re: FG Appoints Auditors To Monitor States’ Finances by MyGeneration(m): 12:57pm On Jan 11, 2017
straighttalk:
I Will SEE HOW OUR UNGRATEFUL, GOOD FOR NOTHING GOV. BELLO OF KOGI STATE WILL EXPLAIN THE BAIL OUT FUND AND OTHER ALLOCATIONS FROM FG HE HAS RECEIVED. VERY INSENSITIVE AND ARROGANT PAGAN WHO ALLAH IS ONLY GIVING SOME RESPITE TO REPENT BEFORE HIS FINAL DOOM.
LoL

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara / 2023: Tinubu Promotes Excellence, Capable Of Becoming President - Magnus Abe / 2023: Appeal Court Reinstates Adebutu, Other PDP Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.