Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,635 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

The Lagos Of My Dreams: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Lagos Of My Dreams: (1476 Views)

Businessman Accuses EFCC Lagos Of Conspiring To Obtain N2 Million From Him / Did You Watch Tinubu At The Lagos Apc Presidential Rally Today? / Jimi Agbaje And Ambode At The Lagos State Governorship Debate (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Lagos Of My Dreams: by nikinash(f): 12:21pm On Nov 24, 2009
In the Lagos of my dreams, there are no potholes on the roads!
Re: The Lagos Of My Dreams: by blackspade(m): 12:48pm On Nov 24, 2009
My dream for Lagos goes far and beyond that. . . .alongside the non-pothole streets will be tramways that will transport Lagosians to the places they need to be. At a nearby station there will be a connection the the subway system and commuter rail system for suburbanites. A high speed rail network would whiz passengers from locations such as Lekki or Apapa to MMA in a matter of minutes.  All of this (along w/ ferries, brts, etc) will form an integrated transportation network that will rival many cities abroad. Thousands of social housing units will be built on the outskirts of the city (chinese/commie block style, we have to build up), and slum areas will be redeveloped into mixed income/use districts. New highways will be built, while new ones are upgraded. Highways that block off waterways will be put underground or turned into avenues with trams. Where there is social housing, there will be industrial parks nearby for employment. New schools and hospitals will be  built, and existing ones will be upgraded. I would also like to see a green belt established so we can encourage sustainable development, and discourage endless sprawl. . . .I could go on and on but I just do not have the time to fully go into detail about my dreams for Lagos.

Some of these dreams are slowly starting to materialize, see here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-222881.0.html
Re: The Lagos Of My Dreams: by MandingoII(m): 1:57pm On Nov 24, 2009
MAGICAL THINKING

Then again its Christmas time.
Re: The Lagos Of My Dreams: by Horus(m): 2:45pm On Nov 24, 2009

(1) (Reply)

What Of If Dora Akunyuli Was A Northerner? / Proving Babangida's Loot / We’ll Generate Electricity From Waste This Year –lawma Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.