Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,095 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

Ugandan Man Buried With $5,700 To ''bribe God'' When He Gets To His Distination - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Ugandan Man Buried With $5,700 To ''bribe God'' When He Gets To His Distination (592 Views)

Man Buried With A Bird Casket In Enugu State (photos) / Man Buried In A Helicopter Shaped Coffin In Edo(photos) / Big Man Buried With Gold Chains, Rings And Timberland Shoes (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ugandan Man Buried With $5,700 To ''bribe God'' When He Gets To His Distination by patogist: 12:20pm On Jan 11, 2017
52-year-old Charles Obong, a previous open administration officer, who kicked the bucket on December 17, 2016, after a long sickness was covered with Shs200million ($5,700) with which he'll use to ''pay off God'' when he gets to his destination.

Obong who functioned as a senior work force officer in the service of Public Service for a long time had purportedly left a Will, educating his significant other, Margaret Obong, to store enormous aggregates in his pine box. The cash was intended to be offered to God so his spirit could be recovered and spared from damnation. He additionally told his kin, Justin Ngole and Helen Aber, to be witnesses and guarantee his wife, other completes on his Will.

After Obong was covered in the place where he grew up in Adag-ani Village, Aromo Sub-region in Lira District, Uganda, his family discovered what had been done and made his wife confess during a family meeting. Obong's kin Ngole and Aber, likewise admitted and taking after requests from the tribe boss, Mike Gulu, Obong's carcass was unearthed last Saturday to recover the cash after which he was reburied around the same time.

It was also gathered during the widow's confession that she had paid a funeral service company to dig open her husband's grave and more money was put in.. She likewise had with her extra Shs180 million which she proposed to store in the pine box on a later date. After the cash covered with the cadaver was recovered, the Shs180million with Ms. Obong was requested yet she declined to hand it over and got away in her auto.

Mr Ngole, the deceased's brother said his elder brother told him he had left Shs6 billion.."He did not tell me where the money was kept, but his wife had told me on phone prior to Saturday’s incident that she would bring again more Shs300 million to add in the coffin so that my brother could also enjoy. When she was placing the first batch of money, the woman called me to witness it but I could not inform my people. I was afraid they could harm her but I broke the silence after I consulted widely." Ngole said.

It is not clear what sin Obong wanted restitution for but it's been revealed that about Shs257 billion was stolen from the government in a pension scam by senior government officials and Obong was a senior government official prior to his demise.
Reacting to the incident, Rev Joel Agel Awio, an Anglican priest, made it clear that no amount of money can buy eternal life and the only way sins can be forgiven is to repent while still alive.

More @ http://www.patogist.com/2017/01/52-year-old-ugandan-man-buried-with.html

Re: Ugandan Man Buried With $5,700 To ''bribe God'' When He Gets To His Distination by MrGreenMavro: 12:24pm On Jan 11, 2017
cheesy
Re: Ugandan Man Buried With $5,700 To ''bribe God'' When He Gets To His Distination by DIKEnaWAR: 12:34pm On Jan 11, 2017
From this reportage it is evident that we have better journalists in Uganda than in Nigeria. They write in a better English than our journalists here.

(1) (Reply)

Birthday Pics Of A Nairalander's Girlfriend / To Be BRIDE&GROOM In Ota,ogun State Contact / #reekyaddicts: Reekado Banks Performing Live In FUNAAB Tomorrow.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.