Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

Army Redeploy 6 Major Generals, 5 Brigadier Generals In New Shakeup - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Redeploy 6 Major Generals, 5 Brigadier Generals In New Shakeup (22374 Views)

Obasanjo, Ex-generals Plot Against Buhari’s Reelection / As The Battle Of The Generals Rages: Buhari, Danjuma Clash Again / 2019: Ex-generals, Governors, Ministers Regroup To Battle Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Redeploy 6 Major Generals, 5 Brigadier Generals In New Shakeup by yemmybx(m): 3:11pm On Jan 11, 2017
ABUJA-A new shakeup in the Nigerian Army has seen six major generals and five brigadier generals redeployed to various formations of the Army.

Also, the routine exercise which came barely four weeks after the promotion of some top officers, had two Captains and a major reassigned.

President Buhari interacts with troops of HQ 1 BDE in Dansadau Zamfara State as part of the 2016 Nigerian Army Day celebration on 13th July 2016
Although a secular to this effect was yet to be released publicly at press time, the document showed that the Chief of Staff, Tukur Buratai, gave his consent to it on Tuesday, this week.

The internal memo gave the name of one of the affected officers redeployed as Major General M.H. Garba, who was redeployed to the Department of Army Corps of Artillery from Army Headquarters’ Department of Military Secretary.
Mr. Garba, whose redeployment takes effect from January 16, 2016, also received the Chief of Army Staff Commendation Award.

Also, the memo showed that Major General K.I. Abdulkarim, was transferred from Nigerian Army 6 Division Headquarters to the Defence Headquarters with effect from January 12, 2017, while Major Generals O.U. Obono was moved from Nigerian Army Corps of Artillery Headquarters to the Defence Headquarters from January 12, 2017.

Major General E.O. Udoh, was also moved from Defence Headquarters to the Nigerian Army 6 Division Headquarters from January 12, 2017 just as Major General I.O. Rabio was moved from Nigerian Army School of Signals to Army Headquarters Department of Military Secretary from January 16, 2017.

In similar vein, Major General E.G. Whyte was transferred gfrom Defence Headquarters to Nigerian Army School of Signals as the new commandant beginning January 12, 2017.

similarly, Brigadier General I.A. Adegboye was transferred from Defence Headquarters to 82 Division Garrison as commandant with effect from January 12, 2017 just as Brigadier General S.O. Olabanji moved from the Nigerian Army 3 Brigade Headquarters to Nigerian Army Amphibious Training School as commandant. He resumes his new posting on January 12, 2017.
Also, Brigadier General O.T. Akinjobi was moved from 82 Division Garrison to 3 Brigade Headquarters as the new commandant with effect from January 12, 2017;Brigadier General A. E. Attu was redeployed from the National Defence College to 9 Brigade as the new commandant with effect from January 12, 2017 and
Brigadier General S. Mohammed was ptransferred from 9 Brigade to Defence Headquarters as the Deputy Director of Land System from January 12, 2017.

The memo also showed that Major H.I. Mbe was appointed as the ADC to the Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai .

Also, Captain A.M. Dankabo was asked to stay put in the Chief of Army Staff’s office as L.O.; while Captain I.N. Garba will move from the Chief of Army Staff’s office to the Nigerian Defence Academy as an instructor.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/army-redeploy-6-major-generals-5-brigadier-generals-new-shakeup/

2 Likes

Re: Army Redeploy 6 Major Generals, 5 Brigadier Generals In New Shakeup by yemmybx(m): 3:12pm On Jan 11, 2017
I'm wishing them goodluck!

2 Likes

Re: Army Redeploy 6 Major Generals, 5 Brigadier Generals In New Shakeup by sarrki(m): 3:15pm On Jan 11, 2017
Gooud one

1 Like

Re: Army Redeploy 6 Major Generals, 5 Brigadier Generals In New Shakeup by agabusta: 3:15pm On Jan 11, 2017
Well, nothing seems usual in this, just a regular redeployment.

But I trust conspiracy theorists to always dig something out. They will soon come here. smiley smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Redeploy 6 Major Generals, 5 Brigadier Generals In New Shakeup by agabusta: 3:16pm On Jan 11, 2017
TANTUMERGO007:
grin In the name of the NORTH cheesy

They have arrived undecided undecided

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Redeploy 6 Major Generals, 5 Brigadier Generals In New Shakeup by TANTUMERGO007(m): 3:17pm On Jan 11, 2017

3 Likes

Re: Army Redeploy 6 Major Generals, 5 Brigadier Generals In New Shakeup by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 11, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Army Redeploy 6 Major Generals, 5 Brigadier Generals In New Shakeup by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 11, 2017
Hmm
Re: Army Redeploy 6 Major Generals, 5 Brigadier Generals In New Shakeup by jinxet2000: 3:20pm On Jan 11, 2017
ok
Re: Army Redeploy 6 Major Generals, 5 Brigadier Generals In New Shakeup by snezBaba: 3:20pm On Jan 11, 2017
TANTUMERGO007:

Here we go again

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Redeploy 6 Major Generals, 5 Brigadier Generals In New Shakeup by truthspeaks: 3:22pm On Jan 11, 2017
Why shld I give a fvcck? Does it improve d security situation or does it stop d intimidation of harmless civilians by these terror called soldiers
Re: Army Redeploy 6 Major Generals, 5 Brigadier Generals In New Shakeup by MrGreenMavro: 3:23pm On Jan 11, 2017
cheesy

Was General Pipe also redeployed?

Please let them redeploy him to the studio...e don tail wey he sing sef angry angry

6 Likes

Re: Army Redeploy 6 Major Generals, 5 Brigadier Generals In New Shakeup by chimah3(m): 3:24pm On Jan 11, 2017
Just be strategizing for their grand plan...Oga Buhari n co. ...We are watching!!!! angry angry angry
Re: Army Redeploy 6 Major Generals, 5 Brigadier Generals In New Shakeup by nickxtra(m): 3:28pm On Jan 11, 2017
What is Army doing with a Land system officer?
Re: Army Redeploy 6 Major Generals, 5 Brigadier Generals In New Shakeup by WINNERMENTALITY: 3:29pm On Jan 11, 2017
GreenMavro:
cheesy

Was General Pipe also redeployed?

Please let them redeploy him to the studio...e don tail wey he sing sef angry angry

lol u miss him too

4 Likes

Re: Army Redeploy 6 Major Generals, 5 Brigadier Generals In New Shakeup by MrGreenMavro: 3:31pm On Jan 11, 2017
WINNERMENTALITY:

lol u miss him too
bROTHERLY...YES O cheesy

1 Like

Re: Army Redeploy 6 Major Generals, 5 Brigadier Generals In New Shakeup by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 11, 2017
I wish them good luck
Re: Army Redeploy 6 Major Generals, 5 Brigadier Generals In New Shakeup by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 11, 2017
good
Re: Army Redeploy 6 Major Generals, 5 Brigadier Generals In New Shakeup by Royalfurnitures: 3:33pm On Jan 11, 2017
Maybe the shakeup is aimed at bringing more professionalism into the military or as a security measure.

Pls check out my signature for quality and durable furniture
Re: Army Redeploy 6 Major Generals, 5 Brigadier Generals In New Shakeup by DONADAMS(m): 3:35pm On Jan 11, 2017
is this news
Re: Army Redeploy 6 Major Generals, 5 Brigadier Generals In New Shakeup by Ximenez(m): 3:38pm On Jan 11, 2017
See below one of the pix of the re-deployed Generals.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Redeploy 6 Major Generals, 5 Brigadier Generals In New Shakeup by NastyC: 3:54pm On Jan 11, 2017
grin
Re: Army Redeploy 6 Major Generals, 5 Brigadier Generals In New Shakeup by Brightology2(m): 4:04pm On Jan 11, 2017
Hmmmmmm Which kind wahala be this. I will really miss my oga ooooo @ Brigadier General S.O OLABANJI. Hmmmmmmmmm good things don't really stay long. It's well, let me console myself
Re: Army Redeploy 6 Major Generals, 5 Brigadier Generals In New Shakeup by criminalmindz: 4:14pm On Jan 11, 2017
All the northern military personel transfered to defence hQ. Northern govt, haausa ole!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Redeploy 6 Major Generals, 5 Brigadier Generals In New Shakeup by nwaanambra1(m): 4:17pm On Jan 11, 2017
no any IGBO general in the Nigerian Army!

the marginalization is real

why cant Nigeria just let Igbos go!

leave us alone they refuse!

include us in the scheme of things they refuse!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Redeploy 6 Major Generals, 5 Brigadier Generals In New Shakeup by AngelicBeing: 4:25pm On Jan 11, 2017
tongue
Re: Army Redeploy 6 Major Generals, 5 Brigadier Generals In New Shakeup by ohil: 5:05pm On Jan 11, 2017
So, there is no single Igbo person serving in that capacity. Then what are talking about. Why won't Igbo's look for their own country. It is clear they are not recognize in Nigeria state.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Arrived Kwara State To Flag Off Presidential Campaign / Dot Nation T-Shirt: Sen Abaribe Denies Being Arrested By DSS Officials / FG Declares 27th, 28th December, 2021 And 3rd January, 2022 Public Holidays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.