Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Major Challenges Of Blogging In Nigeria And Possible Solutions - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Major Challenges Of Blogging In Nigeria And Possible Solutions (307 Views)

I'm Tired Of Blogging, Who Can Guide Me Through Any Other Online Biz / Why Blogging In Nigeria Is Boring / My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Major Challenges Of Blogging In Nigeria And Possible Solutions by Klaasicworks(m): 4:15pm On Jan 11, 2017
As we all know, blogging can be a lucrative venture . The number of bloggers in Nigeria has tripled over the last two years, thanks to Linda Ikeji’s muti-million mansion, now everybody wants to be a blogger including me.

Blogging can be very challenging in Nigeria due to the harsh and unfriendly economic settings of my beloved country. I explore some other challenges bloggers face in Nigeria below:

1.) Lack of basic amenty like electricity:bloggers make use of electronic tools like computer, mobile phones e.t.c. These device require electricity in order to function. Power(electricity) supply in Nigeria is so unstable which makes blogging in Nigeria quite a hurdle.
One remedy for this , is to get a portable gasoline generator popularly called “I pass my neigbour”. It is quite affordable and does not consume fuel that much.

2.) Outrageous data charges: network operators in Nigerian provide data to subscribers at very expensive rates. This has made blogging a very expensive venture in Nigeria. Most people can not afford this outrageous data charges.
To tackle this problem , bloggers can buy data from genuine and reputable data resellers in Nigeria. In addition to that, bloggers can also check for affordable data plans offered by various network operators.

3.) Poor network service: all the network service providers in Nigeria has done a pretty good job in providing crappy, slow and unstable and mediocre network services. Connecting to the internet, with some network in Nigeria is as diffcult as an elephant passing through the nose of a needle. This is very frustrating for bloggers. At times, I have to climb the orange tree at the back of my house to have access to quality network.
Bloggers can check around their area to see which network has got good network coverage and good browsing speed.

4.) What to blog about: this issue has been a serious challenge since the days of Ojuwkwu and Bianca. Most bloggers do not know what to write about, so they end up replicating all the contents on Linda Ikeji’s blog, which is very bad for SEO and site ranking. Moreover, you may never get an adsense approval during the long run .
Choose a unique niche, you can blog about animals, love and relationships, even plants. Just choose a niche you have great knowledge of.

5.) Poor site traffic: most Nigerian blogs are great in terms of content but it is sad to note that majority of these blogs has poor traffic. To tackle this problem, bloggers should learn more about SEO(search engine optimization). Bloggers should also learn to share their sites and articles on social media platforms like twitter, facebook. Bloggers should also learn to post original contents to get good google ranking.

6.) Hackers: this problem is not unique to Nigerian blogs alone. Hackers are everywhere and there is a possibility that your website maybe hacked. It is important to always back up your blog and databases incase you get hacked. Even the “almighty Nairaland” too got hacked. Keep your passwords safe and dont forget to use strong and well documented passwords.

- See more at: https://www.wikinaija.net/2017/01/major-challenges-blogging/#sthash.CiTHHNcd.dpuf
Re: Major Challenges Of Blogging In Nigeria And Possible Solutions by segola7(m): 10:12pm On Jan 11, 2017
well said my bro check here for latest good news arounf u www.betternewsblog.com

(1) (Reply)

Some Steps That Can Make You Have A Successful Blog Online / We Don’t Just Build A Store, We Build Your Business: Get Affordable Premium E-co / For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.