Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,280 members, 7,829,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

What Do I Do With My Manuscript - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Do I Do With My Manuscript (601 Views)

Chapter 1 Of My Manuscript. (fiction/mystery) / Pls Rate The First Chapter Of My Manuscript / Can I Self-publish On Amazon And Later Publish After My Manuscript Is Accepted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do I Do With My Manuscript by MosD: 4:44pm On Jan 11, 2017
I have this completed crime fiction manuscript (note; a complete novel, not a short story) that I once entered for an all african crime fiction competition and was picked one of the best three. But afterward, I've tried to get a publisher for it to no avail, though Nigeria is sure short of crime fiction publishers. I'm still hanging on to the manuscript because I don't want to self publish. Please I really need advice on how to handle it
Re: What Do I Do With My Manuscript by tolulinks(m): 1:59am On Jan 12, 2017
This is indeed a serious issue because I'm almost completing my own crime novel. it's subgenre is cozy mystery. I know from experience Nigerians prefer contemporary stories that are for the most part, boring but it will get to a time we have to expand beyond the status quo. Have you tried farafina and publish under their crime series?
Re: What Do I Do With My Manuscript by MosD: 12:10pm On Jan 12, 2017
It's a real serious issue, crime fiction stories are not by any means encouraged in Nigeria. Yes, I've tried farafina. It didn't come positive
Re: What Do I Do With My Manuscript by Niftyrules(m): 12:27pm On Jan 12, 2017
MosD:
I have this completed crime fiction manuscript (note; a complete novel, not a short story) that I once entered for an all african crime fiction competition and was picked one of the best three. But afterward, I've tried to get a publisher for it to no avail, though Nigeria is sure short of crime fiction publishers. I'm still hanging on to the manuscript because I don't want to self publish. Please I really need advice on how to handle it

Come on! You've got it, why not flaunt it. In a matter of days i will be self-publishing one work of mine and sharing it with over 15+ outlet abroad. what issue have you got with Self publishing? Have you forgotten you haven't make a name yet and no publisher will want to risk their money on an unknown writer. I'm not discouraging you, but don't think you've queried publishers like i have done.

Thats the way forward bro. Pls adhere. You have it in you.
Re: What Do I Do With My Manuscript by MosD: 1:14pm On Jan 12, 2017
Niftyrules:

Come on! You've got it, why not flaunt it. In a matter of days i will be self-publishing one work of mine and sharing it with over 15+ outlet abroad. what issue have you got with Self publishing? Have you forgotten you haven't make a name yet and no publisher will want to risk their money on an unknown writer. I'm not discouraging you, but don't think you've queried publishers like i have done.

Thats the way forward bro. Pls adhere. You have it in you.

Not that I can't self publish, the only problem I have with the idea is the marketing of the book. As they say, you have done nothing if people don't get to appreciate what you've done

1 Like

Re: What Do I Do With My Manuscript by Niftyrules(m): 5:04pm On Jan 12, 2017
MosD:

Not that I can't self publish, the only problem I have with the idea is the marketing of the book. As they say, you have done nothing if people don't get to appreciate what you've done

There is nothing hard to achieve bro. You can learn marketing.
Re: What Do I Do With My Manuscript by MosD: 7:59pm On Jan 12, 2017
Niftyrules:

There is nothing hard to achieve bro. You can learn marketing.

Alright, thanks bro, will consider it

(1) (Reply)

Conspiracy / Ibadan To Abeokuta / My Country, Nigeria By: Ademola Ridwan Abiodun (hon. Ara)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.