Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,678 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

My Skin Itches After Bathing - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Skin Itches After Bathing (884 Views)

My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) / Dark Patches On My Skin. Dermatologists, Please Help. / Why Your Skin Itches And The Remedies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Skin Itches After Bathing by mayweather40(m): 6:39pm On Jan 11, 2017
hi guys I need your help my body most especially my legs itches me terribly every time I have my bath and it's getting me worried because I have to like scratch for several minutes before it stops. at first I thought it's the towel I use but it's not I really need suggestions. Thank you
Re: My Skin Itches After Bathing by ajokebelle(f): 6:51pm On Jan 11, 2017
I have been living with this condition since I was 11. Its always worse when I use cold water for my bath, tried drugs and creams but did not work, a doctor finally told me that's my nature.

Someone created a thread on this sometimes back and a lot of people contributed to it, you can search the thread to see contributions from people with similar condition.

You should avoid using a sponge , a soft cloth will be good.
Re: My Skin Itches After Bathing by brandonobi(m): 7:26pm On Jan 11, 2017
dat happens to me at school wenever the water from the bathroom floor splashes on me probably bcus I find it gross
Re: My Skin Itches After Bathing by Preciousojoka(m): 7:31pm On Jan 11, 2017
Do you leave your water open for sometime before using it to bath?
mayweather40:
hi guys I need your help my body most especially my legs itches me terribly every time I have my bath and it's getting me worried because I have to like scratch for several minutes before it stops. at first I thought it's the towel I use but it's not I really need suggestions. Thank you
mayweather40:
Re: My Skin Itches After Bathing by mayweather40(m): 7:39pm On Jan 11, 2017
Preciousojoka:
Do you leave your water open for sometime before using it to bath?
I use the shower and my legs itch badly. Everytime I have my bath, I have to scratch my legs for about 10mins before wearing my trousers
Re: My Skin Itches After Bathing by Nobody: 7:19am On Mar 31, 2018
Even me buh here is wat I've been doing and it seems to have reduced....immediately after bathing I quickly run to my room and stand directly under the fan and then I use two towels....I dab with d first one and den thoroughly dry my self with d second den quickly wear a cloth.......don't dwell on d itching of a thing den voila it won't come....d room if should be well ventilated in d absence of fan....thank me later...quickly wear ur cloth oo
Re: My Skin Itches After Bathing by babyt66: 11:01am On Apr 02, 2018
Watsapp me on 08032493281
Re: My Skin Itches After Bathing by Phythondancer(f): 10:43pm On Apr 02, 2018
ladonz:
Even me buh here is wat I've been doing and it seems to have reduced....immediately after bathing I quickly run to my room and stand directly under the fan and then I use two towels....I dab with d first one and den thoroughly dry my self with d second den quickly wear a cloth.......don't dwell on d itching of a thing den voila it won't come....d room if should be well ventilated in d absence of fan....thank me later...quickly wear ur cloth oo
check the source of the water you use, change sponge or soap. your body might not be compatible with any of those. if it still persist see a dermatologist.

(1) (Reply)

Shocked Mum Of Baby Boy Born With Bulging Eyes A / 16 Signs You May Have HIV Without Knowing [must Read] / Spiritual Healer And Fortune Teller +27836694179

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.