Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,531 members, 7,823,311 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Yahoo To Be Renamed To Altaba After Verizon's $4.8 Billion Acquisition Deal - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Yahoo To Be Renamed To Altaba After Verizon's $4.8 Billion Acquisition Deal (904 Views)

U. S. Security: Microsoft Confirms Tiktok Acquisition Deal Is On The Table / Glo Outperforms Others In Internet Subscriber Acquisition In June. / Mtn In Another $4.2 Bn Mess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yahoo To Be Renamed To Altaba After Verizon's $4.8 Billion Acquisition Deal by Reediano(m): 7:38pm On Jan 11, 2017
For some years now, yahoo has really been faced with a whole lot of problems and setbacks, most especially the recent saga where the site was hacked and over 1 billion user accounts and passwords were stolen.

I guess it all became too much for yahoo to bear and they finally decided to put up the company for sale. Now Verizon has decided to buy Yahoo's digital service for a propose fee of $4.8 billion dollars.
Now in a bid to get the company back on track, lots of changes needs to be made such as replacing most of Yahoo's board members. Also, immediately yahoo hands over its email, websites, mobile apps and advertising tools to Verizon, the new owner also plans on renaming the company from Yahoo to altaba Inc.

The board members that will be replaced includes Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer, cofounder David Filo, and three other directors. While the new Altaba board members includes, Tor Braham, Eric Brandt, Catherine Friedman, Thomas McInerney and Jeffrey Smith, will remain, with Brandt serving as Chairman. Also, according to what we heard, the new company might actually be an “investment company.”

I guess we all just have to wait for the official announcement.

http://www.yomitech.com/2017/01/yahoo-to-be-renamed-to-altaba.html
Re: Yahoo To Be Renamed To Altaba After Verizon's $4.8 Billion Acquisition Deal by okonja(m): 7:43pm On Jan 11, 2017
Altaba kwa? shocked shocked

So, Gee guys would be called Altaba Altaba boys or what?...Can't stop laughing grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yahoo To Be Renamed To Altaba After Verizon's $4.8 Billion Acquisition Deal by dljbd1(m): 7:47pm On Jan 11, 2017
Lolz... angry
Re: Yahoo To Be Renamed To Altaba After Verizon's $4.8 Billion Acquisition Deal by datola: 7:53pm On Jan 11, 2017
What a name!
Re: Yahoo To Be Renamed To Altaba After Verizon's $4.8 Billion Acquisition Deal by penzino(m): 8:17pm On Jan 11, 2017
Wow.. ...
Re: Yahoo To Be Renamed To Altaba After Verizon's $4.8 Billion Acquisition Deal by mummyson26(m): 8:29pm On Jan 11, 2017

Re: Yahoo To Be Renamed To Altaba After Verizon's $4.8 Billion Acquisition Deal by JesusmyGod1: 8:34pm On Jan 11, 2017
in my Panama language altaba means pu**y
Re: Yahoo To Be Renamed To Altaba After Verizon's $4.8 Billion Acquisition Deal by Reediano(m): 11:09pm On Jan 11, 2017
okonja:
Altaba kwa? shocked shocked

So, Gee guys would be called Altaba Altaba boys or what?...Can't stop laughing grin grin

That's actually sounds better grin cheesy grin
Re: Yahoo To Be Renamed To Altaba After Verizon's $4.8 Billion Acquisition Deal by Reediano(m): 11:12pm On Jan 11, 2017
JesusmyGod1:
in my Panama language altaba means pu**y

Which language be that one

https:///yomitechblog

shocked
Re: Yahoo To Be Renamed To Altaba After Verizon's $4.8 Billion Acquisition Deal by henryobinna(m): 6:31am On Jan 12, 2017
guees it's time I migrate all my yahoo mail properties and online properties linked to Yahoo to gmail.
Re: Yahoo To Be Renamed To Altaba After Verizon's $4.8 Billion Acquisition Deal by Reediano(m): 9:03pm On Jan 12, 2017
henryobinna:
guees it's time I migrate all my yahoo mail properties and online properties linked to Yahoo to gmail.

Lol.... It's long over due grin
Re: Yahoo To Be Renamed To Altaba After Verizon's $4.8 Billion Acquisition Deal by Olasco93: 9:18pm On Jan 12, 2017
I saw this coming in the future before now.
Don't ever let humans take you Unaware.
Nothing made by Man ever last forever.
All said, Google's Gmail is still a Better option comparing the services they both offer. This takeover may just be the end... Just like "Nokia," connecting people...
Re: Yahoo To Be Renamed To Altaba After Verizon's $4.8 Billion Acquisition Deal by mykeljosef: 9:33pm On Jan 12, 2017
does yahoo yahoo become altaba altaba

coz ayam not understading
Re: Yahoo To Be Renamed To Altaba After Verizon's $4.8 Billion Acquisition Deal by henryobinna(m): 11:35pm On Jan 12, 2017
Reediano:

Lol.... It's long over due grin
yea, you're right.
I've been lazy since...
but not now, especially as they're about to start with this 'funny' name.
Re: Yahoo To Be Renamed To Altaba After Verizon's $4.8 Billion Acquisition Deal by Reediano(m): 5:59pm On Jan 13, 2017
henryobinna:
yea, you're right.
I've been lazy since...
but not now, especially as they're about to start with this 'funny' name.

Funny indeed

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is Tecno W4 At The Moment / Gionee Signs Seyi Shay As Brand Ambassador / LG G Pro E980 Wit Pouch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.