Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,551 members, 7,816,339 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

0.6 Billion Naira Found In Former Chief Judge's Bank Account - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 0.6 Billion Naira Found In Former Chief Judge's Bank Account (1101 Views)

Abacha Summoned Me For Making A Female Chief Judge In Lagos –oyinlola / Wike Hands Over New Federal High Court Complex To Chief Judge Of Federal Court(p / Akwa Ibom Tops 2016 FAAC Allocation With Over N116.6 Billion – NEITI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

0.6 Billion Naira Found In Former Chief Judge's Bank Account by stephanie11: 3:43am On Jan 12, 2017
Bank account running without BVN

The Economic and financial crimes commission, EFCC, recently made a startling discovery while investigating a former chief Judge of Enugu state, Azubuike Umezulike. The anti-graft commission reportedly uncovered N632 million in a secret account owned by the judge.

Investigations by the commission further revealed that the money in the account came from lawyers, businessmen, politicians and litigants. Suspicions strengthened when it was discovered that the account was run without a bank verification number (BVN).

Umezulike has been invited by the commission for interrogation on January 17 over the suspicious lodgements.

The NJC on September 29, 2016 recommended Justice Umezulike for compulsory retirement alongside Justice Mohammed Tsamiya, who was the Presiding Justice of the Ilorin Division of the Court of Appeal

Justice Kabiru Auta of Kano State High Court was recommended for dismissal.

The NJC said it recommended Umezulike to Governor Justice Lawrence Ugwuanyi of Enugu State for compulsory retirement for “delivering judgment in a case 126 days after final addresses were adopted by parties, and for other instances of abuse of office”.

The council also found Justice Umezulike guilty of allegedly “receiving a donation of N10m from a businessman, Prince Arthur Eze, during his book launch while two cases in which Eze was said to have had “vested interest”, were in the judge’s court.”
http://politicsngr.com/0-6-billion-naira-found-judges-bank-account/
cc : lalasticlala

Re: 0.6 Billion Naira Found In Former Chief Judge's Bank Account by Atiku2019: 4:28am On Jan 12, 2017
An account running without BVN? Truly Some Animals are more equal than the others grin grin

1 Like

Re: 0.6 Billion Naira Found In Former Chief Judge's Bank Account by Holyman3(m): 4:37am On Jan 12, 2017
if this is true, throw his arrse in jail. He has no reason to have that type of money in his bank account for whatever reason.
But what happened to evidence etc, we are tired of condemning people just because they were posted on the Internet.

1 Like

Re: 0.6 Billion Naira Found In Former Chief Judge's Bank Account by jcflex(m): 5:47am On Jan 12, 2017
if truly all animal are equal, then let the law deal with him. if not, am sorry
Re: 0.6 Billion Naira Found In Former Chief Judge's Bank Account by shammah1(m): 5:49am On Jan 12, 2017
Media lies without any prove. I'm tired
Re: 0.6 Billion Naira Found In Former Chief Judge's Bank Account by shammah1(m): 5:50am On Jan 12, 2017
Same thought. This broken government are trying to divert our attention but not me. Maybe zombies
Holyman3:
if this is true, throw his arrse in jail. He has no reason to have that type of money in his bank account for whatever reason.
But what happened to evidence etc, we are tired of condemning people just because they were posted on the Internet.
Re: 0.6 Billion Naira Found In Former Chief Judge's Bank Account by Chiefpriest1(m): 5:57am On Jan 12, 2017
Wishy washy news. Unfortunately, not many Nigerians know the difference between a real journalist and these blackmailers.

Nigerians should know that it is not everybody with a phone, a laptop, a Facebook page or a blog is a journalist.

Who spoke with the purveyor of this news item, who did he speak with and how was the investigation conducted, if any?
Re: 0.6 Billion Naira Found In Former Chief Judge's Bank Account by sarrki(m): 7:01am On Jan 12, 2017
Thank you Muhammadu Buhari

I know it's a bad news for wailers
Re: 0.6 Billion Naira Found In Former Chief Judge's Bank Account by sarrki(m): 7:02am On Jan 12, 2017
shammah1:
Same thought. This broken government are trying to divert our attention but not me. Maybe zombies

Only enemies of the state will support all this people
Re: 0.6 Billion Naira Found In Former Chief Judge's Bank Account by ckmayoca: 9:01am On Jan 12, 2017
sarrki:

No matter how ppl support anyone, if the person is guilty he will be dealt with and if he isn't guilty he will be freed. The end of the matter will determine the truth. I ve learnt not to believe nigeria media again. So fighting over a news online is like a kid getting excited cos he told his dad to buy a car when he is coming home.
Re: 0.6 Billion Naira Found In Former Chief Judge's Bank Account by shammah1(m): 10:31am On Jan 12, 2017
Thanks for handling him for me
ckmayoca:

No matter how ppl support anyone, if the person is guilty he will be dealt with and if he isn't guilty he will be freed. The end of the matter will determine the truth. I ve learnt not to believe nigeria media again. So fighting over a news online is like a kid getting excited cos he told his dad to buy a car when he is coming home.
Re: 0.6 Billion Naira Found In Former Chief Judge's Bank Account by shammah1(m): 10:32am On Jan 12, 2017
Tell us who the enemies are?
sarrki:

(1) (Reply)

Hutus And Tutsis Of Rwanda Likely Happen Here. / BREAKING: Again, DSS Writes Senate, Disqualifies Magu / Top Nigerian Women At The World Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.