Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,265 members, 7,815,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Captain Fantastic Fabregas - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Captain Fantastic Fabregas (572 Views)

Thomas Vermaelen Is The New Arsenal Captain / Aston Villa Captain Stiliyan Petrov Diagnosed With Acute Leukaemia / Breaking News: Fabregas Signs Mulit-year Deal With Puma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Captain Fantastic Fabregas by Mydex(m): 6:48pm On Nov 24, 2009
Fabregas is EA SPORTS Player of the Month!

Cesc Fabregas has pipped Robin Van Persie to the EA SPORTS Player of the Month for October.
The duo dominated last month's official Club poll, receiving more than 85 per cent of the votes cast by Arsenal.com users.
Van Persie was always in with a shout after scoring five goals in five October games but Fabregas' all-round contribution denied the Dutchman by a meagre 48 votes.
Fabregas is a worthy winner. He scored exceptional goals against Blackburn and Tottenham to book-end his October appearances and also found the net in the Champions League game at AZ Alkmaar.
But the captain offered more than goals in October. He had a hand in five of the six scored against Blackburn - he had been substituted by the time the final goal went in - and currently leads Arsenal's assists charts.
Fabregas received 43.4 per cent of the votes with Van Persie just behind on 42 per cent. Alex Song, solid as a rock in his defensive midfield role, was third with 5.1 per cent.

Fabregas - Captaincy has not changed me

Cesc Fabregas insists that the responsibility of captaining Arsenal has not changed him at all.

The Spanish midfielder was just 21 when he was handed the armband by Arsène Wenger last year and will celebrate the anniversary of his first game as skipper on November 25.

A serious knee injury diluted his influence last season but Fabregas has led by example this term. He tops Arsenal's scoring charts with nine goals and has helped the team to second place in the Premier League and to within a point of the Champions League knockout stages.

Fabregas appears to have taken the captaincy in his stride and the 22-year-old believes his team-mates have made the job easier for him.

"The captaincy hasn't changed me at all," said Fabregas.

"My team-mates have done a great job for me as well, to be honest. They showed me they believe and help me with everything. There has never been any trouble so I am very happy with how things are going."

This time last year Arsenal's team spirit was questioned during the final days of William Gallas' captaincy but Fabregas insists he leads a united dressing room.

"The issue with William is gone for us," he said.

"We don’t think about it anymore and are happy with the way things are going at the moment. The dressing room has always been really together and kept believing.

"Even if we didn’t win anything last year, we were really close and in all the competitions right until the end. So the mood in the dressing room is always really positive."

Wenger - Fabregas is now better than ever
Is Cesc Fabregas as good as Cristiano Ronaldo? As good as Lionel Messi? Is Arsenal's captain now the best player in the world?

Who cares? While those debates rage across the football world, Arsène Wenger is only concerned about one thing - that Fabregas keeps improving.

And according to the Arsenal manager, that's exactly what is happening. The Spanish midfielder scored twice against AZ Alkmaar on Wednesday to join Robin Van Persie at the top of Arsenal's scoring charts with eight goals and has just been crowned PFA Player of the Month.

Wenger always knew Fabregas was a class act. Now the Frenchman thinks his captain is better than ever.

"I am not too keen on these comparisons [with Ronaldo and Messi] because Cesc is a midfielder," said Wenger.

"I believe he is one of the best of course and all the rest we leave to the media.

"What is good for me is that he has improved defensively and offensively.

"What is good as well is that he is 22 years old so there is a lot more to come from him. If he keeps the same attitude a lot more will come from him."

Bid for a signed Fabregas captain's armband

Two signed captain's armbands from Cesc Fabregas will be auctioned online from November 12 for charity. This unique piece of sporting memorabilia will raise money for two worthy causes - the Willow Foundation and the Steve Bernard Foundation.

Unlike other sporting memorabilia, captains' armbands cannot be bought in the shops. They are unique items that have been signed by your sporting heroes, including Cesc Fabregas, and many have been worn, even showing the 'battle scars' of the day.
An armband from each of the 21 Premier League club captains are up for grabs, along with a selection of armbands from Championship captains. Each signed armband is framed alongside a striking picture of the captain in action.

The online eBay auction will run for 10 days, starting on Thursday November 12, ending Sunday November 22, with proceeds to be split equally between the Willow Foundation and Steve Bernard Foundation. You can view all armbands now at www.willowfoundation.org.uk/captainsarmbands

The Willow Foundation was set up by Arsenal legend, Bob Wilson and his wife, Megs and provides special days for seriously ill 16 to 40 year olds throughout the UK. The Steve Bernard Foundation supports sporting projects in the Bournemouth area, in memory of sports-mad Steve who sadly passed away in November 2005.

Willow Foundation co-founder Bob Wilson, said: "These armbands are a real one-off and I'm sure that any football fan would be thrilled to own one. Buying just one armband in this auction will not only be a fantastic purchase of unique sporting memorabilia but will also mean a great deal to the people who will benefit from a special day during a really tough time of their life.

for more details on fabregas

www.mydextalkssports..com
Re: Captain Fantastic Fabregas by Mydex(m): 5:26am On Nov 26, 2009
so who else knows something about the fantastic one

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Rules / Ancelotti's Bizzare Moves / Uefa Reads Riot Act To Clubs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.