Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,564 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

I Am Confused About This Word Called "BIAFRA" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Confused About This Word Called "BIAFRA" (1454 Views)

There Is A Word Called Prebendalism / Why Must South South Be Part Of The So Called Biafra / The Unprepared Fantasy Paradise Called Biafra -by Emeka Ubesie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Confused About This Word Called "BIAFRA" by Vill(f): 4:13pm On Jan 12, 2017
please biafrans here on NL I'm so much confused about this 2 words "IPOB" MASSOB" what is the difference between two of them
Re: I Am Confused About This Word Called "BIAFRA" by Fremancipation: 4:21pm On Jan 12, 2017
MASSOB- Movement for the actualization of the sovereign state of Biafra.

IPOB- Indigenous People of Biafra

MASSOB started in the 1990s and is the progenitor of IPOB which started in 2009.

Differences between both groups comes in their manner of approach.

MASSOB was initially proactive but their leader Ralph uwazurike was later compromised and corrupted by the Nigerian government. Overtime the movement became a Joke and their former leader became excommunicated from the group for corruption. Today they play more of a supporting role to IPOB under their new leadership.

Uwazurike later formed another movement called BIM- Biafran Independence Movement.

On the other hand, IPOB led by Nnamdi kanu learnt from the mistakes of MASSOB chose a different strategy. They started the radio Biafra to first sensitize the masses and push for referendum. Not everyone in IPOB was in agreement with this strategy. So, some decided to got through a more legal means and formed the IPOB Customary Government.

5 Likes

Re: I Am Confused About This Word Called "BIAFRA" by GTkester: 4:22pm On Jan 12, 2017
Massob: Movement for the actualization of the sovereign State of biafra.

IPoB: indegenous People of Biafra.

They are two different pressure groups fighting for the independence of the biafran People. They are under different leadership and have different strategies.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Confused About This Word Called "BIAFRA" by momentarylapse: 4:41pm On Jan 12, 2017
grin
Fremancipation:
MASSOB- Movement for the actualization of the sovereign state of Biafra.

IPOB- Indigenous People of Biafra

MASSOB started in the 1990s and is the progenitor of IPOB which started in 2009.

Differences between both groups comes in their manner of approach.

MASSOB was initially proactive but their leader Ralph uwazurike was later compromised and corrupted by the Nigerian government. Overtime the movement became a Joke and their former leader became excommunicated from the group for corruption. Today they play more of a supporting role to IPOB under their new leadership.

Uwazurike later formed another movement called BIM- Biafran Independence Movement.

On the other hand, IPOB led by Nnamdi kanu learnt from the mistakes of MASSOB chose a different strategy. They started the radio Biafra to first sensitize the masses and push for referendum. Not everyone in IPOB was in agreement with this strategy. So, some decided to got through a more legal means and formed the IPOB Customary Government.

And still even after this epistle nobody send una or una agitation while your godfather is locked up like a gorilla in a zoo!

What is the point of all these useless groups and associations then!
Re: I Am Confused About This Word Called "BIAFRA" by Fremancipation: 4:46pm On Jan 12, 2017
momentarylapse:
grin

And still even after this epistle nobody send una or una agitation while your godfather is locked up like a gorilla in a zoo!

They are called PRESSURE groups and are all members of the IPOB Customary government which was formed by all of them. They are exploring different strategies to accomplish the same goal.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Confused About This Word Called "BIAFRA" by BudeYahooCom: 6:02pm On Jan 12, 2017
momentarylapse:
grin

I feel the pains in yoruba skull. Unfortunately Kanu is not a coward like this your brother who only spent 24 hours in DSS custody and was like.....grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Confused About This Word Called "BIAFRA" by momentarylapse: 6:09pm On Jan 12, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

I feel the pains in yoruba skull. Unfortunately Kanu is not a coward like this your brother who only spent 24 hours in DSS custody.... grin

I'm sorry that the fact that one gboyega is busy penetrating your younger sisters tasty ipob ass has made you eternally pained over yoruba guys but I am not a yoruba guy so your stale afonja lyrics won't work on me!

By the way have you heard that your fellow oblong headed "bloda mazi chidozie" is now a guest of the Indonesian authorities? See his latest pix....abeg try go alert una parents! Lmfao!!

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused About This Word Called "BIAFRA" by Chiefobdk1: 8:12pm On Jan 12, 2017
momentarylapse:

I'm sorry that the fact that one gboyega is busy penetrating your younger sisters tasty ipob ass has made you eternally pained over yoruba guys but I am not a yoruba guy so your stale afonja lyrics won't work on me!

By the way have you heard that your fellow oblong headed "bloda mazi chidozie" is now a guest of the Indonesian authorities? See his latest pix....abeg try go alert una parents! Lmfao!!

Another afonja Adebisi Rofiat Damilola sold for 10k by an afonja Elijah Oyebode

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Confused About This Word Called "BIAFRA" by momentarylapse: 8:18pm On Jan 12, 2017
Chiefobdk1:

Another afonja Adebisi Rofiat Damilola sold for 10k by an afonja Elijah Oyebode

grin

Your cousin "mazi ifeanyi" nabbed @ last for bringing more disgrace to the zoo in Asia! Una no dey tire to disgrace ojukwu?

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused About This Word Called "BIAFRA" by prince9851(m): 8:24pm On Jan 12, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

I feel the pains in yoruba skull. Unfortunately Kanu is not a cowarde like this your brother who only spent 24 hours in DSS custody.... grin
lmao
plz who exactly is d man in dat picture

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused About This Word Called "BIAFRA" by prince9851(m): 8:34pm On Jan 12, 2017
momentarylapse:

grin

Your cousin "mazi ifeanyi" nabbed @ last for bringing more disgrace to the zoo in Asia! Una no dey tire to disgrace ojukwu?
c ur own lovely brothers d doing wat dey do best
I won't call dis ones disgrace because dis is their way of life

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused About This Word Called "BIAFRA" by Vill(f): 11:11pm On Jan 12, 2017
please guys this doesn't call for misunderstanding. let there be unity here OK .

(1) (Reply)

RE: Hausa man contesting for counserlorship in PDP in Ebonyi state / Ngeneukwenu, Which Buhari Are You Talking About? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.