Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,536 members, 7,827,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? (7209 Views)

Beyond Straightening: How To Use Your Flat Iron To Make Any Kind Of Hair Look / My Natural Hair Wants To Kill Me Before My Time / Naturals, how often do you straighten (flat-iron) your hair? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by posakosa(m): 2:18am On Nov 29, 2009
bluespice:

lol i hate lacefronts
those things make folks look like that had tracks fixed directly into their foreheads

L O L---- grin grin grin grin

like Chris Rock says "He got into the wrong business---- because hair sells like a muthafcuka" that whole thing is like a billion dollar business--- I need to invest in fake hair.
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by Nobody: 2:28am On Nov 29, 2009
posakosa:

L O L----  grin grin grin grin

like Chris Rock says "He got into the wrong business---- because hair sells like a muthafcuka" that whole thing is like a billion dollar business--- I need to invest in fake hair.
LOL did you watch that crappy movie?
GOOD HAIR
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by posakosa(m): 2:32am On Nov 29, 2009
^^^ well it was an interesting documentary--- not exactly a movie. <But I didn't see it yet though--only saw a clip>

how about u--- have u seen it ?
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by Nobody: 2:33am On Nov 29, 2009
I stopped it after 15mins undecided
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by posakosa(m): 2:34am On Nov 29, 2009
wow--- was it that bad. shocked
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by oyinda3(f): 3:31am On Nov 29, 2009
posakosa:

wow--- was it that bad. shocked

lol. i'm wondering the same. i haven't seen it but i heard so much on how good it is.
i mean it's a documentary not a movie.

@posakosa, texturizer is just a weak perm. nothing natural about it. your hair doesn't revert back so it's [b]perm[/b]anent.
but if you like curls on relaxed hair, go for it! because that's basically what a texturizer is. relaxer that leaves your hair a bit curly.
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by chika98: 4:33am On Nov 30, 2009
I think they had the "Chi" flat Iron for about $90 the other day. That is the only one I would invest money in as it is really a good one.
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Dec 03, 2009
oyinda.:

@posakosa, texturizer is just a weak perm. nothing natural about it. your hair doesn't revert back so it's [b]perm[/b]anent.
but if you like curls on relaxed hair, go for it! because that's basically what a texturizer is. relaxer that leaves your hair a bit curly.
wow great info, thanks a bunch.

chika98:

I think they had the "Chi" flat Iron for about $90 the other day. That is the only one I would invest money in as it is really a good one.
I heard that CHI is really good, but I already bought one flat iron.
I stick to conair, it actually does work. makes hair longer and bouncier  smiley
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by Hauwa1: 6:42pm On Dec 04, 2009
posakosa, any name for texturizer pls post it. i am tired of looking.

gator me don tire for my natural hair. looks very crazylike in the mornings and my oyinbo roomate says it looks like that red thing on a cock's head cry grin
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by yme1(f): 7:22pm On Dec 04, 2009
i dont think flat iron is really good for the hair(mostly for the blacks), it breaks the hair
but dont use it at all times tho
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by Nobody: 2:48am On Dec 05, 2009
*Hauwa*:

posakosa, any name for texturizer pls post it. i am tired of looking.

gator me don tire for my natural hair. looks very crazylike in the mornings and my oyinbo roomate says it looks like that red thing on a cock's head cry grin
Iya wa, bawo ni?

hehehhe rotfl take a pix of your hair in the morning.  grin

@y you
yes m'am wink
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Dec 05, 2009
@ Gator

As a student just braid your hair and wash it as well. There's nothing wrong in washing your hair in braids. That's what I do cheesy, especially if your hair's short. But I don't braid my edges. I straighten my hair sometimes and that can last for a week. But it's stressful.
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by posakosa(m): 12:35pm On Dec 06, 2009
I use SCURL texturizer products---- its veery goood. I think that it began as a black owned company but now, although im not sure, I think its been sold to a Chinese company ----- But I can vouch for their products. It makes my hair very, very manageable and its G RO ws.
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by Nobody: 12:23am On Dec 07, 2009
stillwater:

@ Gator

As a student just braid your hair and wash it as well. There's nothing wrong in washing your hair in braids. That's what I do cheesy, especially if your hair's short. But I don't braid my edges. [/b]I straighten my hair sometimes and that can last for a week. But it's stressful.
Very smart.
But how do you deal with the natural unbraided edges?

My flat-ironed hair cant even last a whole day grin That's how rough it is.

posakosa:

I use [b]SCURL texturizer
products---- its veery goood. I think that it began as a black owned company but now, although im not sure, I think its been sold to a Chinese company ----- But I can vouch for their products. It makes my hair very, very manageable and its G RO ws.
Just googled it.
Ohh I've seen this bottle before, not sure where.

se ko ki n se oru eyi ti maa spray ta je ki irun mi gan. . . .
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by posakosa(m): 11:24am On Dec 07, 2009
no, ko kin jeki irun gan--- at least its not being my experience---- after texturizing, u put the spray and activator on it, you comb it out and style--- it allows hair to grow-- i like it.
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 07, 2009
posakosa:

no, ko kin jeki irun gan--- at least its not being my experience---- after texturizing, u put the spray and activator on it, you comb it out and style--- it allows hair to grow-- i like it.
cool. . . .its not flakky, right?
And when it dries, it does seem like i used hair gel, right? tongue
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by Hauwa1: 3:58pm On Dec 08, 2009
wait o, am lost grin do you need a short hair for texturizing?
what are the things to do before using texturizer (shampoo, conditioning etc if so what kind?)

activator? isnt that for jhery curls?

Iya ile/iya agba i dey o. hehehe, me posting pix of my hair woes? lol gator rara o grin
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 09, 2009
*Hauwa*:

wait o, am lost grin do you need a short hair for texturizing?
what are the things to do before using texturizer (shampoo, conditioning etc if so what kind?)

activator? isnt that for jhery curls?

Iya ile/iya agba i dey o. hehehe, me posting pix of my hair woes? lol gator rara o grin

Short hair to texturize? grin grin grin No,, I dnt want to cut my hair ejooo. grin

Infact no post am. . . .maybe I can bribe some nairalanders to pot it. Sharing pix month grin grin grin
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by posakosa(m): 2:24am On Dec 13, 2009
texturize jor--- u don't have to keep the curls--- u can always comb it out.
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by posakosa(m): 2:25am On Dec 13, 2009
FL--- I see say u don fight with puff puff mouth <sorry say I miss am>, that babe na trouble maker, na soo she go dey follow person around NLd--- u suppose call pureminded make him yab am well well ---- u get time sha!
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by Nobody: 2:28am On Dec 13, 2009
posakosa:

FL--- I see say u don fight with puff puff mouth <sorry say I miss am>, that babe na trouble maker, na soo she go dey follow person around NLd--- u suppose call pureminded make him yab am well well ---- u get time sha!

LOL You did miss a lot oh grin

But its over now. . . . make I go find the texturizer
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by posakosa(m): 2:30am On Dec 13, 2009
I know say I miss---- hin pepper me say I miss--- I suppose add my own jarra--- as a marra of fact, I wanted to then I realized the thread was locked. grin grin
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by Nobody: 2:33am On Dec 13, 2009
posakosa:

I know say I miss---- hin pepper me say I miss--- I suppose add my own jarra--- as a marra of fact, I wanted to then I realized the thread was locked. grin grin
Leave that side jare.

This one na lesson to everyone. Make una watch who u dey talk to. opkoropko and liars full ground. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Oya, do you have a pix of ur texturized hair? I no wan waste money, make I see first tongue
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by posakosa(m): 2:35am On Dec 13, 2009
my hair is FULL oooh----- I no fit put pic for NLd---- HECK NAU!
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by Nobody: 2:37am On Dec 13, 2009
posakosa:

my hair is FULL oooh----- I no fit put pic for NLd---- HECK NAU!
LOL I understand.

You can cut off ur face and just post the pix
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by posakosa(m): 2:38am On Dec 13, 2009
I just the product--- I guess thats my point. smiley
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by Nobody: 2:39am On Dec 13, 2009
Dont worry, I go give it to my friend for christmas gift and watch how it works on her cheesy cheesy
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by posakosa(m): 2:48am On Dec 13, 2009
hahahahahahahahaha------ the thing work sha! if she start using the product she has to use all of its other products as well! She can't mix and match.
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by Nobody: 3:11am On Dec 13, 2009
Does it smell good? tongue
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by posakosa(m): 3:13am On Dec 13, 2009
erm--- not as good as some other products i've tried BUT it certainly makes hair grow.
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by Sissy3(f): 1:52am On Dec 19, 2009
cant an ordinary relaxer achieve the same textuizer effect?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Miss Planet Africa International / Please Who Has Used This Facial Cream Called "Carovate" / 2008 Fashion Trend Fashionistas!(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.