Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,554 members, 7,837,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Is It Worth Bringing A Child Into This World? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Worth Bringing A Child Into This World? (1617 Views)

Anja Ringgren Lovén Marks 4 Years She Rescued Hope, A Child Branded As Witch / Is It Right For Parents To Admit Their Child Into An Orphanage While Away? / Sex Once In 3 Months, Lasts 30 Secs Yet He Blames Me For Not Giving Him A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Worth Bringing A Child Into This World? by ShoProperties(m): 6:57pm On Jan 12, 2017
Financially? Absolutely not.

Availability of leisure time? (Laughs hysterically.) No, no way.

Ability to get uninterrupted sleep? Hardly.

No, in so many ways, it’s not worth it, with the sole exception being that it’s the most profoundly wonderful, educational, deeply satisfying experience of life.
Re: Is It Worth Bringing A Child Into This World? by nnamdibig(m): 7:22pm On Jan 12, 2017
Ask your parents

1 Like

Re: Is It Worth Bringing A Child Into This World? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 13, 2017
Well, if to say your parents felt that it wasn't worth it, you won't be here blabbing this gibberish.

1 Like

Re: Is It Worth Bringing A Child Into This World? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 13, 2017
Sometimes Child bearing can be said to be for selfish purpose. Some individuals just have children for the most insane reasons. From companionship to Continuity of Family name, Ascertaining wealth to mention a few.

They hardly think of the life they are about to bring into their rumbled world. Sometimes Humanity is shortened to Pro creation smiley

3 Likes

Re: Is It Worth Bringing A Child Into This World? by johnson232: 4:08pm On Jan 13, 2017
It is....
Old & companionship age i think... Just saw a man not quite long ago, he was standing on crutches, waiting for a cab. He pleaded with me to get him a chair pending he get's a vehicle... i said to myself, if not for the kids of this man sending money & all basic things needed for his upkeep, how would he cope in a country where nobody cares? government don't pay pensioners, no one cares about the aged...

In developed countries it is advisable to care less about pro creation, elderly homes are available, but not in this part of the world, except u come from a good home, or a catholic priest, sis etc..

2 Likes

Re: Is It Worth Bringing A Child Into This World? by johnson232: 4:14pm On Jan 13, 2017
Alondra:
Sometimes Child bearing can be said to be for selfish purpose. Some individuals just have children for the most insane reasons. From companionship to Continuity of Family name, Ascertaining wealth to mention a few.

They hardly think about the life the are about to bring into their rumbled world. Sometimes Humanity is shortened to Pro creation smiley
The bold isn't true... parents cater for kids when they are young & it is proper for kids to return the gesture when the parents are old.. naturally i see nothing selfish about the concept of child bearing..but humans will always abuse everything....

1 Like

Re: Is It Worth Bringing A Child Into This World? by ShoProperties(m): 4:34pm On Jan 13, 2017
cry
Catalin:
Well, if to say your parents felt that it wasn't worth it, you won't be here blabbing this gibberish.
Re: Is It Worth Bringing A Child Into This World? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 13, 2017
johnson232:

The bold isn't true... parents cater for kids when they are young & it is proper for kids to return the gesture when the parents are old.. naturally i see nothing selfish about the concept of child bearing..but humans will always abuse everything....
Not all parents provide for their children's basic needs which includes food, clothing and shelter. Not all parents take care of the children's advanced needs which includes Moral training, care , love , attention and Security. " Human abuse everything" that abuse is for selfish reasons. smiley

5 Likes

Re: Is It Worth Bringing A Child Into This World? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jan 13, 2017
Good question op.
In this part of the world people don't think through Parenthood, raising a child and precisely why they should. They do it cos it's what everyone else does and most of them end up being bad parents.
When you ask them why, they give same answers every other person gives -companionship, someone to take care of them when they're old and I wonder, why put so much responsibility on someone who didn't sign such deal with you like seriously, the latter is the dumbest most selfish reason ever!

You know you're gonna get old, get your shiit together and have a plan.

Also, Children cost a lot of money. Quality Education today is at an unbelievably all-time high, and from the moment your child is born, you begin to think about how much it will cost to educate him or her. Never mind clothing, medical bills, social activities and so forth.
and what if you die, do you have a trust fund set up for the kids or some kind of arrangement to make sure they still get the best?

Children need to be given time, love, care and attention and when they become teenagers, -that's the defining moment.

The older I become, the more unsure I am about having kids.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Worth Bringing A Child Into This World? by ShoProperties(m): 9:59am On Jan 15, 2017
Thank you for this write up
Joavid:
Good question op.
In this part of the world people don't think through Parenthood, raising a child and precisely why they should. They do it cos it's what everyone else does and most of them end up being bad parents.
When you ask them why, they give same answers every other person gives -companionship, someone to take care of them when they're old and I wonder, why put so much responsibility on someone who didn't sign such deal with you like seriously, the latter is the dumbest most selfish reason ever!

You know you're gonna get old, get your shiit together and have a plan.

Also, Children cost a lot of money. Quality Education today is at an unbelievably all-time high, and from the moment your child is born, you begin to think about how much it will cost to educate him or her. Never mind clothing, medical bills, social activities and so forth.
and what if you die, do you have a trust fund set up for the kids or some kind of arrangement to make sure they still get the best?

Children need to be given time, love, care and attention and when they become teenagers, -that's the defining moment.

The older I become, the more unsure I am about having kids.

1 Like

Re: Is It Worth Bringing A Child Into This World? by tonyfran: 7:05pm On Jan 15, 2017
Truth is, many nigerians do not understand the concept of child bearing, the demand of parenthood,rather they churn out kids because society says something is wrong with getting married and not wanting kids. How many nigerian parents buy books on good parenting? There's more to been responsible for another person than providing basic needs. There are 1001 people who have all they will ever need, but lack proper home training and ability to face life's challenges outside their home. There was a time my dad said to my face that God gave him children so we could fend for him. This is the mentality of most African parents. Why put so much load on kids who didn't beg you to bring them to life?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Worth Bringing A Child Into This World? by ShoProperties(m): 1:12am On Jan 18, 2017
Re: Is It Worth Bringing A Child Into This World? by Greenbullet(m): 8:31pm On Jan 18, 2017
NIGERIAN PARENTS DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF PARENTING, THEY BELIVE ,THE CHILDS MAIN PURPOSE IN LIFE IS TO PROVIDE FOR THEM IN OLD AGE,THATS WHY THEY EVEN SEND THEIR KIDS TO SCHOOL,IF YOU DONT KNOW,EVERY NIGERIAN CHILD IS AN INVESTMENT THAT IS MEANT TO YEILD RETURN. IF CHILDREN WERE NOT MEANT TO TAKE CARE OF THEIR PARENTS, TRUST NIGERIANS NEVER TO GIVE BIRTH .

1 Like

Re: Is It Worth Bringing A Child Into This World? by ShoProperties(m): 7:45am On Jan 19, 2017
Greenbullet:
NIGERIAN PARENTS DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF PARENTING, THEY BELIVE ,THE CHILDS MAIN PURPOSE IN LIFE IS TO PROVIDE FOR THEM IN OLD AGE,THATS WHY THEY EVEN SEND THEIR KIDS TO SCHOOL,IF YOU DONT KNOW,EVERY NIGERIAN CHILD IS AN INVESTMENT THAT IS MEANT TO YEILD RETURN. IF CHILDREN WERE NOT MEANT TO TAKE CARE OF THEIR PARENTS, TRUST NIGERIANS NEVER TO GIVE BIRTH .
true
Re: Is It Worth Bringing A Child Into This World? by ShoProperties(m): 1:11pm On Jan 19, 2017
ShoProperties:
true
Re: Is It Worth Bringing A Child Into This World? by ShoProperties(m): 10:13pm On Jan 19, 2017
tonyfran:
Truth is, many nigerians do not understand the concept of child bearing, the demand of parenthood,rather they churn out kids because society says something is wrong with getting married and not wanting kids. How many nigerian parents buy books on good parenting? There's more to been responsible for another person than providing basic needs. There are 1001 people who have all they will ever need, but lack proper home training and ability to face life's challenges outside their home. There was a time my dad said to my face that God gave him children so we could fend for him. This is the mentality of most African parents. Why put so much load on kids who didn't beg you to bring them to life?
Re: Is It Worth Bringing A Child Into This World? by ShoProperties(m): 7:09pm On Jan 22, 2017
ShoProperties:
Thank you for this write up
Re: Is It Worth Bringing A Child Into This World? by ShoProperties(m): 6:02am On Jan 23, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Husband Refuses To Eat His Wife Meal / Woman Whose Husband Died Recently Married Him Without Knowing His Village / Haunting Memorial In Turkey Commemorates 440 Women Killed By Their Husband 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.