Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,808 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

Do They Have Any Official Awards In Nollywood - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Do They Have Any Official Awards In Nollywood (808 Views)

Yemi Alade At The UBA CEO Awards In A V-neck Jumpsuit (pics) / Yvonne Nelson Mocks AMVCA:"Most Awards In Africa Is ‘Who They Cool With Awards" / Photos: Wizkid Walks Out Of Headies Awards In Anger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do They Have Any Official Awards In Nollywood by sweetpie23: 2:17am On Nov 25, 2009
do they have any official awards in nollywood like they have in hollywood?
Re: Do They Have Any Official Awards In Nollywood by mamagee3(f): 2:26am On Nov 25, 2009
Not any I know of. grin grin grin
Re: Do They Have Any Official Awards In Nollywood by sweetpie23: 2:27am On Nov 25, 2009
shame embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Do They Have Any Official Awards In Nollywood by mamagee3(f): 2:31am On Nov 25, 2009
Unto you. grin grin
Re: Do They Have Any Official Awards In Nollywood by THEAMAKA3(f): 2:57am On Nov 25, 2009
YES!!
well they have the "AMAA" awards.
i forgot exactly what it stood for but its African Movie Awards or something like that. but its the whole of Africa
and i believe there is another one.
ill look into it.
brb
Re: Do They Have Any Official Awards In Nollywood by sweetpie23: 2:58am On Nov 25, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

YES!!
well they have the "AMAA" awards.
i forgot exactly what it stood for but its African Movie Awards or something like that. but its the whole of Africa
and i believe there is another one.
ill look into it.
brb
really shocked any video?
Re: Do They Have Any Official Awards In Nollywood by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:00am On Nov 25, 2009
i dont know oooo.
hold on, give me 20 minutes to conduct some quick research. lol
well back in 2007 or 2008 Kate Henshaw won the award for best actress for her role in the move "Stronger Than Pain" with co-star Nkem Owoh
i have that movie, its good and funny too. she was a really good actress there. she deserved it.
brb and i shall come back with some information (maybe) lol
Re: Do They Have Any Official Awards In Nollywood by sweetpie23: 3:01am On Nov 25, 2009
ok
Re: Do They Have Any Official Awards In Nollywood by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:02am On Nov 25, 2009
im still looking into it but AMAA stands for "African Movie Academy Awards"
still looking. . . lol
Re: Do They Have Any Official Awards In Nollywood by mamagee3(f): 3:07am On Nov 25, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

im still looking into it but AMAA stands for "African Movie Academy Awards"
still looking. . . lol

The poster said Nollywood Award not African Award. tongue
Re: Do They Have Any Official Awards In Nollywood by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:08am On Nov 25, 2009
all i could really find was AMAA.
i guess Nollywood doesnt really have a big award thing.
well they need one, especially with an industry of that size.

but this one here seems to be gaining sponsers. its about time Nollywood get their own real award show like the Oscars and such.
http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/22265/1/Best-of-Nollywood-awards-2009-nominees/Page1.html

mama-gee:

The poster said Nollywood Award not African Award. tongue
Nollywood is included, thank you.  tongue
since Nollywood is such a large industry (the laragest in africa and the world's 3rd largest) they usually dominate most of it anyway.
Re: Do They Have Any Official Awards In Nollywood by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:09am On Nov 25, 2009
December 6th is just around the corner. cheesy
Re: Do They Have Any Official Awards In Nollywood by sweetpie23: 3:12am On Nov 25, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

all i could really find was AMAA.
i guess Nollywood doesnt really have a big award thing.
well they need one, especially with an industry of that size.

but this one here seems to be gaining sponsers. its about time Nollywood get their own real award show like the Oscars and such.
http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/22265/1/Best-of-Nollywood-awards-2009-nominees/Page1.html
Nollywood is included, thank you. tongue
since Nollywood is such a large industry (the laragest in africa and the world's 3rd largest) they usually dominate most of it anyway.
thanks not bad I believe we will advance in the future
Re: Do They Have Any Official Awards In Nollywood by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:16am On Nov 25, 2009
hopefully. if we can combat piracy because thats the BIGGEST problem that is holding nollywood back from going places.
also the NEA awards "Nigerian Entertainment Awards" honors nigerian musicians as well as Nigerian actors/actresses.
so its kind of a mixed thing.
but we still need one solid thing to honor Nollywood and Nollywood alone.

maybe there is something out there i havent heard of. undecided
someone who can do better research. lol idk.

(1) (Reply)

Socialite Heiress Found Dead / Everything Bollywood 2 / Na True

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.