Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Is The Urine Of A Cancer Patient Contagious? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is The Urine Of A Cancer Patient Contagious? (793 Views)

NHS Nurse Who Offered Bible To A Cancer Patient 'rightly Sacked' says court / Cancer Patient Sneaks Out Of Hospital To Drink Beer, Says It Might Be His Last / Paul Arisa, Cancer Patient Is Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Urine Of A Cancer Patient Contagious? by Xync(f): 1:55pm On Jan 13, 2017
Please house, I want to know the opinion of medical practitioners in the house. Is the urine of a cancer patient contagious? Let's assume that you were having s*x and you happen to mistakenly swallow their urine. What are the implications if the other party is a cancer patient. I'm really dying of fear. Please, reply if you know any implications. Thank you Nairalanders.
Re: Is The Urine Of A Cancer Patient Contagious? by yomi007k(m): 2:21pm On Jan 13, 2017
Well to the best of my knowledge it all depends want caused the cancer.

If it was caused by viruese eg HPV, HIV then there is high chance it cud be contagious.

What type of cancer are we talkibg about?
Re: Is The Urine Of A Cancer Patient Contagious? by Xync(f): 3:43pm On Jan 13, 2017
yomi007k:
Well to the best of my knowledge it all depends want caused the cancer.

If it was caused by viruese eg HPV, HIV then there is high chance it cud be contagious.

What type of cancer are we talkibg about?
Thanks for your reply. It's a spine cancer. It is located at the back near the spinal cord
Re: Is The Urine Of A Cancer Patient Contagious? by yomi007k(m): 3:51pm On Jan 13, 2017
Xync:

Thanks for your reply. It's a spine cancer. It is located at the back near the spinal cord

Well u need to be sure of the diagnosis...

If its cancer of the spine wch is a type of bone cancer, then its not contagious.

If its potts disease which is from tuberculosis, then its communicable.

Both look alike.
Re: Is The Urine Of A Cancer Patient Contagious? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 13, 2017
Xync:
Please house, I want to know the opinion of medical practitioners in the house. Is the urine of a cancer patient contagious? Let's assume that you were having s*x and you happen to mistakenly swallow their urine. What are the implications if the other party is a cancer patient. I'm really dying of fear. Please, reply if you know any implications. Thank you Nairalanders.
having sex n swallowing urine? am confused
Re: Is The Urine Of A Cancer Patient Contagious? by Xync(f): 5:13pm On Jan 13, 2017
yomi007k:

Well u need to be sure of the diagnosis...

If its cancer of the spine wch is a type of bone cancer, then its not contagious.

If its potts disease which is from tuberculosis, then its communicable.

Both look alike.
OK. Thanks a whole lot. It's a cancer. It's been operated upon and he's taking care of it. It's not tuberculosis
Re: Is The Urine Of A Cancer Patient Contagious? by Oyetboy(m): 6:58pm On Jan 13, 2017
[quote author=nnamdiokere45 post=52777186]having sex n swallowing urine? am confused [/quote
She was giving the dude a Mouth Action grin

Na guess o
Re: Is The Urine Of A Cancer Patient Contagious? by DonX001: 10:46pm On Jan 16, 2017
It is not contagious.
Absolutely not.
Fear not.
At least as far as medical knowledge knows as at currently.
In general, cancer is not contagious, and contact with cancer patients or their body fluids cannot give you cancer.
That is why spouses of cancer patients can continue having normal unprotected sex with them as normal, in all styles and positions that make them happy, with no cause for alarm.

The only exceptions are the very few cancers where there is a particular organism that is known and shown to cause that cancer eg Hepatitis B virus for liver cancer, HPV for cervical cancer and oropharyngeal cancer, and HIV for Kaposi's sarcoma.

In those cases, then you need to avoid contact to prevent getting that organism into your body, or you immunize yourself against them (there are vaccines for Hep B virus and HPV).

For all the other cancers generally, there is no cause for alarm, you can continue business as usual with no fear.....I can sing Harrysong's Reggae Blues for you....."enjoy urself baby groove...dey groove, dey groove"....grin grin

(1) (Reply)

I Need Slimina / Try This, It Can Cure Sore Throat & Tonsillitis In Only Couple Of Hours / If You Have These Two Holes On The Back You Are Really Special! Here Is What It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.