Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,161 members, 7,818,532 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Delayed Diagnosis - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Delayed Diagnosis (165203 Views)

Delayed Elation (what Will Be Will Be) / The Diagnosis (episode 1) / Destiny Delayed But Unchanged By Oduniyi Olajide David…… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delayed Diagnosis by Maltaleeza(f): 1:23pm On May 24, 2017
Thank God Tonye and Bami survived. I'm so happy. Souloho19, abeg more update. Get well soon bro

1 Like

Re: Delayed Diagnosis by souloho19(m): 2:07pm On May 24, 2017
PWEETYWIZZY:
Wow wow wow. God bless u ma broda. Ow ppa and op ur beta.

God bless you too wizzy...ppa dey alryt..but the mosquitoes for my side dey armed with machete..

I'm much better now tho..tnx alot
Re: Delayed Diagnosis by souloho19(m): 2:10pm On May 24, 2017
Countrygirl:
for freedooooom, I'm happy Rex made it, with the confession of these widows the organization will definitely go down grin smiley

What evil has Mr X planned? maybe another Twist to the story.......

thanks for the dedication soul, get well biko,
following to the end

my country cheesy
Countrygirl:
for freedooooom, I'm happy Rex made it, with the confession of these widows the organization will definitely go down grin smiley

What evil has Mr X planned? maybe another Twist to the story.......

thanks for the dedication soul, get well biko,
following to the end

my country cheesy ...tanx for ur constant ginger..
let's call it the final twist before the curtain falls..
you know Mr X is a bitter old man..

funny thing is ryt now I myself don't even know wot he has planned ;
Re: Delayed Diagnosis by souloho19(m): 2:17pm On May 24, 2017
queenjuli:
souloho you are GOOD! thanks for the update. I've not been online.sorry about your health, hope you're better now?

I'm much better and stronger thanks..I should update tonight.

queenitee:
I'm happy Rex made it and Tonye is safe, buy what evil did Mr X planned? Get well soon

All the wishes for happy ending had to make me find a way to bring her back from the dead..I'm glad I did..if not only God knows wot would have happened to Rex..

hmm..two queens on my thread...I'm feeling lyk a king oo... grin
Re: Delayed Diagnosis by souloho19(m): 2:19pm On May 24, 2017
AminatOpe247:
Souloho u r just too good. Yessss for freedom!!!!

yes for freedom o...madam ope...how've u been tnx for leaving ur shell behind
Re: Delayed Diagnosis by souloho19(m): 2:20pm On May 24, 2017
MzzTega:
Seriously, you are tooo good!!! I'm enjoying this.
tnx mzzT..you're too much
Re: Delayed Diagnosis by souloho19(m): 2:23pm On May 24, 2017
Auric:
I have been reading stories as a visitor for years now, never saw the need to register but with this story I had to!!
You dey write for state..shuoo
u just dey burst my brain dis one pass oyinbo film

lwkmd... thanks boss!!
ur comment sef burst ma brain ooo
lol...auric u too much man

1 Like

Re: Delayed Diagnosis by souloho19(m): 2:24pm On May 24, 2017
Samexdx:
Thanks for the dedication brother... More ink to your pen and more mb to your phone

u welcome bro..thank you for commenting
Re: Delayed Diagnosis by souloho19(m): 2:27pm On May 24, 2017
BlissfulJeff:
wow,dis is really nice.weldone

blissful tnx bro
Re: Delayed Diagnosis by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 24, 2017
souloho19:

All the wishes for happy ending had to make me find a way to bring her back from the dead..I'm glad I did..if not only God knows wot would have happened to Rex..

I can't wait for the next update.
you're already a king my dear, with what you're doing here hmmmm you need like 15 crowns. where are the movie producers? there is a potential script here ooo! excuse me can somebody call all them movie producers? the foreign ones especially.
Re: Delayed Diagnosis by souloho19(m): 2:30pm On May 24, 2017
yommy20:
Wow wow wow, I love this. Nice write up bro and wishing you wisdom, knowledge and understanding, more ink to ur pen. #teamolirex# tanx for the update. More of it bro

thanks yomi...I can proudly say #teamolirex now...
more is coming don't worry
Re: Delayed Diagnosis by souloho19(m): 2:32pm On May 24, 2017
Olamega78:
Nice you bro. Keep up the great work... Best wishes

olamega...I always luk forward to how u break down and analyze the action..you're too much bruv..thanks
Re: Delayed Diagnosis by souloho19(m): 2:34pm On May 24, 2017
honourable356:
Captivating and highly Intriguing.

Dude...you have earned my respect.

This would rival most foreign movies..

May you continue to be motivated and inspired until your glory become even more pronounced by God.

More of this will earn you recognition and millions whether you yearn for it or not.

Bar grammatical and typographical errors here and there,your story is spot on.

Best wishes!!!

honourable I'm truly humbled..thanks for ur comments...always a source of motivation...God bless you boss!
Re: Delayed Diagnosis by souloho19(m): 2:37pm On May 24, 2017
rachealfst:
Singing $ dancing to south Africa's freedom song....."freedom is coming tomorrow.....

Yes..for freedom our Rex made it. Really this is action film in the making. Well done soul.

BTW
Aww...I didn't know you are strong o, may God heal you completely and renew your strength in Jesus name.

madam Rachel..thanks ma'am..Rex. finally a hero.. Lol..

amen ma..I'm truly feeling renewed..thank you for everything

1 Like

Re: Delayed Diagnosis by souloho19(m): 2:39pm On May 24, 2017
Maltaleeza:
Thank God Tonye and Bami survived. I'm so happy.
Souloho19, abeg more update. Get well soon bro

thanks Malta...the initial plan was for her to kiss the dust..but strange eyes would have committed suicide Lol..thanks for commenting..would update tonyt

1 Like

Re: Delayed Diagnosis by souloho19(m): 2:45pm On May 24, 2017
queenjuli:
I can't wait for the next update.
you're already a king my dear, with what you're doing here hmmmm you need like 15 crowns. where are the movie producers? there is a potential script here ooo! excuse me can somebody call all them movie producers? the foreign ones especially.

Wow thanks queen..15...lol..thanks for ur vote of confidence.. I rili appreciate
Re: Delayed Diagnosis by KayTash(m): 2:46pm On May 24, 2017
Thank God am finally here...Lost track of the updates due to busy schedule.
Souloho19,you are doing something unique here.I'm proud of you.
Pls,when next you come to Kogi, let's see so I can buy a bottle of whatever you'd like to take.I owe you one for this.
Lets wrap this up
Re: Delayed Diagnosis by souloho19(m): 3:28pm On May 24, 2017
KayTash:
Thank God am finally here...Lost track of the updates due to busy schedule.
Souloho19,you are doing something unique here.I'm proud of you.
Pls,when next you come to Kogi, let's see so I can buy a bottle of whatever you'd like to take.I owe you one for this.
Lets wrap this up

Tnx boss..welcome back..
No problem, one bottle of ammunition would be okay for me bro...lol..
Re: Delayed Diagnosis by emmyN(m): 3:50pm On May 24, 2017
Wow wow wow wow; please don't call me an ambulance! Stealth mode deactivated.

Souloho19, you're simply the best. This is the very best work of fiction I've ever read. Keep it coming.

1 Like

Re: Delayed Diagnosis by KayTash(m): 4:13pm On May 24, 2017
souloho19:

Tnx boss..welcome back..
No problem, one bottle of ammunition would be okay for me bro...lol..
No problem...My only fear is that Amunition might have been out of production by then.
Rex Obasi promised to see that through

1 Like

Re: Delayed Diagnosis by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 24, 2017
souloho19:

Wow thanks queen..15...lol..thanks for ur vote of confidence.. I rili appreciate
you're welcome
Re: Delayed Diagnosis by Silensa(m): 6:30pm On May 24, 2017
my brother you are just slaying me like ......
I have been on holiday since and I am not even back. just wanted to take a peek and run but I couldn't help but to appreciate you.

more muscle to your hand but plz can you stay off Olivia? she is my crush plzzzzz?

1 Like

Re: Delayed Diagnosis by Maryclaire1(f): 6:58pm On May 24, 2017
I had goosebumps all over me while reading the last part of this update...u are just amazing kiss kiss kiss YES for FREEDOM smiley..i just dey salute u from where i dey. thanks for the dedication i appreciate and take care of yourself for us bikonu, more wisdom to u...

1 Like

Re: Delayed Diagnosis by Maryclaire1(f): 8:26pm On May 24, 2017
dview001:
OK ...roger that..so all guys stand down I repeat all guys stand down ....she's not threat ...out
grin grin funny you.
Re: Delayed Diagnosis by tusinsola(f): 8:37pm On May 24, 2017
This is a well captivating,suspense-filled,intriguing story.In fact I was glued to my sit why reading it that I have to abandon other things I needed to do.
Souloho 19.just know that the sky is your starting point and with God's help ,you will go places.Don't relent ,keep the ride moving.Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Delayed Diagnosis by queenitee(f): 9:13pm On May 24, 2017
souloho19:

King souloho. Of course, Tonye can't just die

1 Like

Re: Delayed Diagnosis by souloho19(m): 11:04pm On May 24, 2017
Silensa:
my brother you are just slaying me like ......
I have been on holiday since and I am not even back. just wanted to take a peek and run but I couldn't help but to appreciate you.

more muscle to your hand but plz can you stay off Olivia? she is my crush plzzzzz?

tnx boss..Lol...Olivia is taken oooo...u know Rex is now a bad boy..
I rili appreciate bro
Re: Delayed Diagnosis by souloho19(m): 11:07pm On May 24, 2017
souloho19:

thanks Malta...the initial plan was for her to kiss the dust..but strange eyes would have committed suicide Lol..thanks for commenting..would update tonyt

kai....my conscience won't just lemme be..d update is halfway done..but you know how it is now..it has to be lengthy and..the thing is my eyelids are heavy and droopy..I even dozed off...so just hold on till tomorrow pls
Re: Delayed Diagnosis by souloho19(m): 11:09pm On May 24, 2017
tusinsola:
This is a well captivating,suspense-filled,intriguing story.In fact I was glued to my sit why reading it that I have to abandon other things I needed to do.
Souloho 19.just know that the sky is your starting point and with God's help ,you will go places.Don't relent ,keep the ride moving.Cheers.

Thanks a million, God bless you ma'am..

1 Like

Re: Delayed Diagnosis by souloho19(m): 11:11pm On May 24, 2017
Maryclaire1:
I had goosebumps all over me while reading the last part of this update...u are just amazing kiss kiss kiss YES for FREEDOM smiley..i just dey salute u from where i dey. thanks for the dedication i appreciate and take care of yourself for us bikonu, more wisdom to u...

Uwc...and thank you too..your comments do make me smile..Jah bless you miss claire

1 Like

Re: Delayed Diagnosis by souloho19(m): 11:14pm On May 24, 2017
emmyN:
Wow wow wow wow; please don't call me an ambulance! Stealth mode deactivated.

Souloho19, you're simply the best. This is the very best work of fiction I've ever read. Keep it coming.

My boss! Tnx for deactivating stealth mode..I appreciate your comment..I'd keep it coming bro..the story has to end with a bang. Stay blessed
Re: Delayed Diagnosis by souloho19(m): 7:20pm On May 25, 2017
The two shadows were rolling their weapons,they stood back to back..providing cover for each other..they didn't seem frightened..they probably thought they were going to take down as much of us as possible...
I didn't plan to give them the chance to do so. Tonye had emerged from behind a container across and from the reflection of the moonlight I saw her look at me...

I raised my gun and shot the first shadow in the leg.
Only when he went down on his knees did I marvel at my accuracy...I didn't even think about it, I just pointed the gun and squeezed the trigger and the bullet had obeyed my intentions.
Tonye did the same...or not really the same, she pulled the trigger but she didn't go for the legs...she shot the shadow somewhere in the neck region..his weapon dropped from his hands as he fell dead to the ground.

The last shadow (who had been blowing smoke and ass slapping the widows) was on a knee..I must have shot him in his right leg...probably damaged his femur. Now he was down on a knee like he was about to propose.

He still swung the stick madly...and I slowed down..the blade was making a swooshing sound that was really intimidating and it made me stop just outside the arc.

I didn't want to shoot him yet but I might not have a choice..I raised the gun but then I stopped. Tonye had snuck up on him from behind while he had his focus on striking the stick in the direction of me and the widows. She grabbed the stick suddenly with such force.

That was all the widows needed.
I had been angry with this particular shadow and hated him because of what I had seen him do to the women..but I never thought how much more hatred the women must have harboured towards him..for other hideous things he had probably done in the past.
This was a rare chance for revenge and they took it.

They rushed,attacked and mauled the shadow....he had been brave all along...he hadn't even shouted out in pain when I had shot his legs, but now he couldn't hold it anymore..he shouted: "Yeeee!Aaaaaaagh!"

There was no way I was going to tell the women it was okay or that they should stand down..I stood back, beside Tonye and we watched in silence..
Every single widow wanted a piece of the action, and it seems they were taking shifts.

"I thought you were dead" I said to Tonye after sometime.
"I lost my headphone when I jumped down..I had to-"
"Yeeeeeee! I beg of you...!" The Shadow's shrill cry interrupted her.
"Hmmm...so shadows beg.."I muttered.

After what seemed like hours, the attack died down slowly. I could hardly make out the shadow on the floor..he looked like he was dead.
He had been shot in his lap and it seemed the shot wound had been kicked continuously...he was presently in a pool of blood...I approached him slowly..the pain in my legs were getting much worse and each step was difficult.
I studied the shadow..this was the definition of black and blue..he had been pounded and he remained still and unmoving.
I held his wrist and felt the faintest pulse.

"So what do we do from here?" Tonye asked me.
I didn't have any idea. I wasn't getting anything from the earphone and I called out: "Dr Rasheed. .where are you?"
He replied immediately "I'm so glad you're alive...that was a brave thing you did there-"
I interrupted him. "Where are you doctor?"
"We're driving in now..give us some minutes"

"Rex..where you shot?...are you okay" Olivia asked immediately.
"Olivia I'm fine..." I turned to look at the women. They were hurdled together but were all observing me. "Its all over...the women are here.."
"Its not yet over..."Tonye corrected me "there are a dozen shadows and we took down five now...plus the two from earlier...that means five more shadows are on the loose"
"Actually four...I killed one in this very wharf last week"
"Okay...four more shadows.." She sighed then looked at me... "What of..what of Bami?"
From her countenance I could see she feared the worst. I just smiled "the both of you are going to give birth to some very mean kids"
She looked at me and must have seen the truth in my eyes because she let out a sigh of relief and was about to say something..
"Excuse me..." A voice from behind made us turn. It was a widow..I recognised the voice as the one that had calmed the widows when I had gotten into the container.
"What's your name?" She asked me
"Rex...this is Tonye"
"I'm Martha.." She replied.
Wow....that was my mother's name.
"I don't know how we are going to ever repay you...the next time we stepped out of the container..we were supposed to be in a strange Country..on another continent..."her voice shook from emotion and Tonye held her hands
"Its okay...that's not going to happen"
She nodded..."what do we have to do to make sure the initiative doesn't do this kind of thing together...we're all ready to march to the police"
Tonye nodded in agreement but I shook my head...
"No...we're not playing with Chief any more...he was able to get away with this for so long because part of the law was on his side...I don't trust the police...they could find a way to twist the whole thing"
"So what should be the next step?" Tonye and the widow both asked.
I cracked my knuckles and my brain in thought ..but then Olivia spoke up: "my late husband was a journalist...I still keep in touch with most of his reporter friends...the best way to fully cripple the initiative first is by public awareness...every one has to know the truth"
I nodded my head.... "That's perfect"
"What's perfect?" Tonye asked
I had forgotten she had lost her ear phone.
"The first thing to do is to have interviews...news papers..TV stations...in 24 hours it all hits the stands..it gets aired...then we can consider the police"
They both nodded and the widow turned and hurried to the others. She must have relayed the news to them because there was an excited chatter amongst them.

"Let me start making the calls...the phone book is soo many" Olivia said
"Good, call as many as possible"
"Okay..I would have to take off the earphone...stay safe...I love you"
It felt so good to hear her say it.
"You too..I love you too..tell Andy we'd see in the morning"

Tonye smiled at me. "I'm so happy for you two"
I nodded "I'm happy for you two also" I replied
We studied the women. They were still talking and basically enjoying the open space. One of them was coming towards us.
"How do we transport 498 women out of here?" Tonye asked me
I shrugged..that's what I had been thinking of all along.
A young widow approached us. She looked so young and I remembered she was one of the very first widows to be loaded up at the warehouse.
"Mr Rex...thank you so much Sir...I have a year old daughter and I thought I'd never see her again"
"Its alright...who's she with?..how where you abducted?" So many things to find out.
"I was with my sister and daughter..we went to the supermarket to buy some baby things..we were about going back home...in the car park when this young man in the sales uniform ran after us anf said that I had been mistakenly cheated..my change wasn't complete.." She broke off and smiled bitterly "I knew the change I had been given was complete but things were very hard and we were barely scraping by...I followed him, telling my sister to wait for me..I had my daughter in my arms...the man was really nice and polite and he offered to hold her but then my sister said she would hold her and wait...so I followed him...we were still in the car park..a popular baby food delivery van drove and parked in front and I remembered wondering that they deliver their goods to the supermarket themselves and thinking that the market must be very prestigious....the last thing I remembered was the van door opening behind us after we passed it...and I felt strong hands grab me from behind...I woke up in the container at the wharf some weeks ago we were transferred to the warehouse"

I had been silent as she recounted her ordeal and I shook my head...I could bet my left arm that the nice and polite young gentle man had been Tosin...I was sure of it.
The young widow was still speaking "but sir...you sir...you're something else...you're so old but you're soo brave..the way you moved like you were 50 years younger...thank you so much sir..God would reward you"
I had forgotten all about my grey hair and beards..not to mention my leathery and weathered face.
I just smiled wisely "no problem my daughter...just be happy...you would see your daughter tomorrow...I can promise you that"

A car appeared from in between the containers. The headlights got closer and the women began murmuring worriedly.
I assured them that everything was alright. "Its okay...he's a friend..."
"We need to leave this place" one of them said.
"Yes..." Another agreed

The car killed its headlights and Dr Rasheed and Betran got out.
They strode hurriedly to where I stood with Tonye and the young widow. Their eyes took in the dead shadows on the floor.
Betran was looking at the widows with his mouth open. I chuckled as I shook hands with him and Dr Rasheed.

"Are you the one who is Tonye?" The doctor asked Tonye immediately.
"Yes I am..do I known you?"
"No you don't..but your boyfriend has been crying for you since..I had to put him to sleep because of the pain he was going through...but he's in the backseat now"
"Pain...was he hurt?" I heard the worry in her voice and I was glad she had feelings for Bami too...she was just too tough a lady that I wondered if Bami's feelings were not one way.
She didn't wait for a reply but was instead running to the car.
"Betran...please close your mouth haba!" Carmicheal cautioned his partner who had been staring in open mouthed wonder.
"They're just soo much..!"
"I know..why don't you inform them on the luxurious buses that are incoming while I speak to Rex for a minute"

He grabbed my arm and smiled at the young widow who was still beside me. "Excuse us young lady...so nice to see you safe and sound"
He led/dragged me away while Betran held the hand of the widow and proceeded to join the rest.

"What buses?" I asked the doctor surprised.
"When I heard the other lady over the ear phone...." He pointed at his ear "this is very nice by the way...anyway I immediately made some calls for five big buses that would transport us all to the stadium for the interview"
"The stadium... Why the stadium?"
"Toor...I only thought it would be a good location...but whatever you decide"
"So the buses are coming now?"
"Yes....but that's beside the point.."he lowered his voice.
"Tomorrow Chief Amunike is going to be honoured with a humanitarian award..foreign dignitaries would be present and even the Governor of Lagos State, his wife..hundreds of important people would be present...."
"What the Bleep are the they given him an award for?" I asked unbelievably
He sighed impatiently "that's still besides the point.....look here if we don't do something to stop it...everyone that attends is going to die tomorrow!"
I looked to the sky...my legs were still bleeding...my hands were still bleeding..my body was in serious pain...couldn't I rest for one minute?

10 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (29) (Reply)

Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes / THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] / unHOLY MATRIMONY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.