Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,515 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Gambia Talks Fail As President Refuses To Step Down-bbc - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gambia Talks Fail As President Refuses To Step Down-bbc (25257 Views)

Gambia's Yahya Jammeh Agrees To Step Down As President / Jammeh Gives Conditions To Step Down / Jammeh Now Using Decoy Convoys After Refusing To Step Down. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gambia Talks Fail As President Refuses To Step Down-bbc by teric4love(m): 7:51am On Jan 14, 2017
African politics.
Re: Gambia Talks Fail As President Refuses To Step Down-bbc by columbus007(m): 7:51am On Jan 14, 2017
After 22 years,na him papa get am ni,that gorilla looking man undecided

1 Like

Re: Gambia Talks Fail As President Refuses To Step Down-bbc by Nobody: 7:53am On Jan 14, 2017
I wonder what Buhari went to tell Jameh. A coup plotter advising another coup plotter to relinquish power, something is just not right here. Perhaps he could have sent GEJ or OBJ, those are more respectable African leaders. IMHO

1 Like

Re: Gambia Talks Fail As President Refuses To Step Down-bbc by Iyalayaibomaku: 7:55am On Jan 14, 2017
I pity this guy wey black pass Oracle he think say na only him get strong head abi ask ojuku wetin happen he go tell u say 3million ibo die just because of strong head
Re: Gambia Talks Fail As President Refuses To Step Down-bbc by Burgerlomo: 7:57am On Jan 14, 2017
Yaya abi wetin be ya name, it's better for you to vacate that seat right now before they use force to kick your butt out, or do you think you can just annulled the election just like that like Nigeria did on June 12
Re: Gambia Talks Fail As President Refuses To Step Down-bbc by ofemigeorge(m): 7:59am On Jan 14, 2017
greatgod2012:

An hypocrite indeed!

Asking someone to do what he'll never do!

2019 is closer than we thought, we'll see how he'll concede defeat when he's voted out by Nigerians.
Buhari is tired of the job already. Believe me. He can't wait to be free again.
Re: Gambia Talks Fail As President Refuses To Step Down-bbc by jaggabban: 8:01am On Jan 14, 2017
tammie24:
Buhari wasn't convincing enough?

He must have looked at Buhari and thought 'what a hypocrite'
Biafrauds are always crazy b*tch.
Re: Gambia Talks Fail As President Refuses To Step Down-bbc by Werehkpe: 8:03am On Jan 14, 2017
Barrow should never have said he would arrest and imprison Jammeh.

That's were all d wahala started. D moment he said that Jammeh said he us no longer stepping down

As public figures we need to b careful with our utterances. Now Barrow and Jammeh will send the country through perhaps chaos and war. Two silly crazy old men
Re: Gambia Talks Fail As President Refuses To Step Down-bbc by tammie24: 8:03am On Jan 14, 2017
jaggabban:

Biafrauds are always crazy bitch.
I'm not a biafran but a yoruba with sense of reasoning!

I'm not a zombie like you!.... mud fu*ker!!!
Re: Gambia Talks Fail As President Refuses To Step Down-bbc by miqos02(m): 8:04am On Jan 14, 2017
na wa oh
Re: Gambia Talks Fail As President Refuses To Step Down-bbc by livingg(m): 8:05am On Jan 14, 2017
Can't wait for the uprising to start.
Quote me and die.
Re: Gambia Talks Fail As President Refuses To Step Down-bbc by PHILipu1(m): 8:12am On Jan 14, 2017
greatgod2012:

An hypocrite indeed!

Asking someone to do what he'll never do!

2019 is closer than we thought, we'll see how he'll concede defeat when he's voted out by Nigerians.

Will your votes from south-east and south-south that is not upto 30% votes take Buhari out in 2019?
Buhari will be Nigeria president till 2023 and you can write it down.
Re: Gambia Talks Fail As President Refuses To Step Down-bbc by PHILipu1(m): 8:17am On Jan 14, 2017
sinistermind:
And yet some people sees nothing in what GEJ did.

Ghana,senegal,kenya etc presidents having been doing what Gej did and that is why i don't see anything in what GEJ did to make him hero.
Except wanted to end up like Charles Taylor,dole,gbagbo,ghaddafi etc.
Re: Gambia Talks Fail As President Refuses To Step Down-bbc by PHILipu1(m): 8:19am On Jan 14, 2017
Allwility:
Nigeria is going to flex her Pax Nigeriana policy that I'm sure. I only wish we could explore all our diplomatic options first. Let's first send judges to Gambia and have their Supreme court sit on Jammeh's petition first. That will save us all the bloodshed and crimes that come with war.

But Jammeh tenure is up,he should step down till then.
Re: Gambia Talks Fail As President Refuses To Step Down-bbc by PHILipu1(m): 8:20am On Jan 14, 2017
hotspec:
But why? Even Germany's Angela Merkel also wanted to amend d constitution to allow her for 4th term

German chancellor have no term limit.
Check well.
Re: Gambia Talks Fail As President Refuses To Step Down-bbc by EmekaBlue(m): 8:23am On Jan 14, 2017
grin correct man...Oya fight start already
Re: Gambia Talks Fail As President Refuses To Step Down-bbc by EmekaBlue(m): 8:24am On Jan 14, 2017
livingg:
Can't wait for the uprising to start.
Quote me and die.
me too grin
Re: Gambia Talks Fail As President Refuses To Step Down-bbc by solaere(m): 8:29am On Jan 14, 2017
Smh, d 800 troops nija seperated for peace in the Gambia shld get to Kaduna south nd make peace first b4 proceeding to there{Gambia},charity begins @home ....
Re: Gambia Talks Fail As President Refuses To Step Down-bbc by thesicilian: 8:33am On Jan 14, 2017
The only thing I saw there was that he seized power at the age of 28. Food for thought.

2 Likes

Re: Gambia Talks Fail As President Refuses To Step Down-bbc by thesicilian: 8:36am On Jan 14, 2017
tammie24:
I'm not a biafran but a yoruba with sense of reasoning!

I'm not a zombie like you!.... mud fu*ker!!!
When you say "a Yoruba with a sense of reasoning", what does that mean? Because to me it implies that (most) other Yorubas have no sense of reasoning...
Re: Gambia Talks Fail As President Refuses To Step Down-bbc by samsono30: 8:38am On Jan 14, 2017
How on earth do you think he will trust buhari, when he knows what buhari stand for and what he is fighting in his country, is the same person that want to give asylum to corrupt leader like that because he think jammeh is foolish like him, even if it were to be me I won't fall for that. The dump buhari didn't think of that before bringing such negotiation up. Just imagine how our president thinks after all what do you expect from a Fulani fool.
Re: Gambia Talks Fail As President Refuses To Step Down-bbc by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 14, 2017
My brethren, now let's reason with logic.

Where is the US?
The US has always advocated for human right in government electoral process prior to social justice for impoverish Africa countries citing Libya as a case study.

Now if the US never had an ulterior motive behind the ousting of Ghadaffi, they shouldn't have no problem ousting Jammeh for Gambia, if human right was what they after.

Question is where is the US since Jammeh refusal to step down?

Did the US deliberately ignore him because Gambia is a small country and has nothing to offer?

#RIP Ghadaffi. A hero greatly missed.
Re: Gambia Talks Fail As President Refuses To Step Down-bbc by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:43am On Jan 14, 2017
tammie24:
Buhari wasn't convincing enough?

He must have looked at Buhari and thought 'what a hypocrite'
grin grin grin grin GEJ would have being better.

3 Likes

Re: Gambia Talks Fail As President Refuses To Step Down-bbc by frugal(m): 8:44am On Jan 14, 2017
Thank you GEJ. Most people have no idea what this man did for them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gambia Talks Fail As President Refuses To Step Down-bbc by Chimourinho(m): 8:53am On Jan 14, 2017
Bubu u dy see wetin go happen if you no relinquish power come 2019...

1 Like

Re: Gambia Talks Fail As President Refuses To Step Down-bbc by matrixme(m): 8:54am On Jan 14, 2017
I like how providence is setting a trap for Buhari as he keeps hoping on a plane to Gambia to mediate the political differences.
We will see how he reacts when we all won't support his 2019 ambition.

2 Likes

Re: Gambia Talks Fail As President Refuses To Step Down-bbc by lionel4power(m): 9:06am On Jan 14, 2017
Read the best analysis on the topic written by experts...

http://www.combatheart.com/2017/01/part-1-shold-ecowasnigeria-invade.html?m=1
Re: Gambia Talks Fail As President Refuses To Step Down-bbc by ajepako(f): 9:09am On Jan 14, 2017
And some retards think GEJ isnt a HERO for relinquishing power ..

Awon oniranu...
Re: Gambia Talks Fail As President Refuses To Step Down-bbc by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 14, 2017
It's plain stewpid for a sore loser like Buhari who has never conceeded defeat to mediate in gambia!
Nig. Is in more quagmire than ever!
# Buhari face ur work! Nig is bleeding/needs urgent attention!
Re: Gambia Talks Fail As President Refuses To Step Down-bbc by WOCKHARDI(m): 9:17am On Jan 14, 2017
I still respect Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan for his on the marble statement " My political ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian ". What a Statesman!
My advice to Adama Barrow : Please don't force yourself on Gambians. It can only lead to bloodshed. INSIST that the incumbent president conducts another election as soon as possible under the STRICT supervision of the ECOWAS, AU and the UNO ( making it impossible for anyone to rig ). I assure you, if Gambians really want you as their president, there is nothing the incumbent can do about it.
By this you would have proved that you sincerely want to serve Gambia and not Gambia to serve you.
Re: Gambia Talks Fail As President Refuses To Step Down-bbc by nevilbot: 9:22am On Jan 14, 2017
hotspec:
But why? Even Germany's Angela Merkel also wanted to amend d constitution to allow her for 4th term

Stop commenting on what u don't know and misleading people with your ignorance passing fictions as fact.

The German constitution does not av term limit and Merkel did not make any attempt to change any constitution. She contested for primaries in her party and was nominated with abt 95% of d vote without any rancour last December. If u must know she will still win d main election cus dia is no credible opponent contesting against her. She will keep contesting for as long as she wants till she loses or resigns cus d constitution allows it and it was not Merkel that changed it.

I live in Germany so that's d fact. Stop misleading people on nairaland

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Capital Police Draw Firearms Against Invading Trump Supporters / Late President Atta Mills Funeral Pictures / North-Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.