Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

To Cook For My Male Friend Or Not To Cook? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / To Cook For My Male Friend Or Not To Cook? (2265 Views)

5 Cooking Tips For People Who Hate To Cook But Don’t Eat Out / Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Cook For My Male Friend Or Not To Cook? by ChizzyMaris(f): 10:46am On Jan 14, 2017
Goodmorning Nairalanders, some days back I was discussing with some of my female friends when the topic came up.
It raised a little argument, as some said there's nothing wrong with it, while others argued that it was totally wrong.
So I'm asking for your opinions, does the fact that a girl cooks for her male friends when she visits them, devalue her in any way? Does it make her less of a wife material? Does it make her loose?
Tell me what you think.
Thank you.

PS; Just male friends, not anyone she has a romantic relationship with.
Re: To Cook For My Male Friend Or Not To Cook? by BiafranBushBoy: 10:51am On Jan 14, 2017
It doesn't dear...

But what if after eating the food, he decides to eat you too?

Mods . take this to romance section!

1 Like

Re: To Cook For My Male Friend Or Not To Cook? by sinaj(f): 10:52am On Jan 14, 2017
If u not comfortable with it, then don't.

1 Like

Re: To Cook For My Male Friend Or Not To Cook? by dingbang(m): 10:52am On Jan 14, 2017
Wait so I come your house den u no offer me something.... Continue...

1 Like

Re: To Cook For My Male Friend Or Not To Cook? by ikbnice(m): 10:54am On Jan 14, 2017
Are you his cook?If he needs someone to cook for him,let him find one.
It would be okay if you teach him how to cook some common food.
I know some people may see nothing wrong in you cooking for him but I see everything wrong in it.

2 Likes

Re: To Cook For My Male Friend Or Not To Cook? by Fedayeen02: 11:04am On Jan 14, 2017
I'm a bachelor and i always have foodstuffs in my kitchen. When female friends come around i do tell them to enter the kitchen and cook if they have the stength for that and if they don't they can wait maybe when I'm less disposed i can cook.

I do cook because at the end of the day its my home and she is not my wife and it's not a big deal if i treat her well juz like i can cook if my male friend is around.

In essence tell your friend that cooking is not a big deal. Why should you allow ego to make you hungry undecided

3 Likes

Re: To Cook For My Male Friend Or Not To Cook? by ojun50(m): 11:08am On Jan 14, 2017
There is noting bad about it, Jst do dis two tins for him
cook, clean his room
Re: To Cook For My Male Friend Or Not To Cook? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 14, 2017
ChizzyMaris:

So I'm asking for your opinions, does the fact that a girl cooks for her male friends when she visits them, devalue her in any way? Does it make her less of a wife material? Does it make her loose?
Tell me what you think.

Going to your male friends' homes to cook for them should be a no-no. Cooking isn't rocket science. If they don't know how to cook, then they should stop being lazy and learn. Why would you be cooking for them when you visit them? Girl, just stop.

2 Likes

Re: To Cook For My Male Friend Or Not To Cook? by Enyimbamercedes: 9:58am On Jan 15, 2017
No problem cooking for him but be sure that after she finishes, he doesn't save her name in his phone as the soup she cooked.... ChizzyMaris Oha Soup

1 Like

Re: To Cook For My Male Friend Or Not To Cook? by seunfly: 12:08pm On Jan 15, 2017
The common home training and courtesy has been twisted, what is the big deal if you cook in your male friend's home provided him and yourself are both comfortable with it. One thing I v noticed is that due to increase laziness, decline in culture and increase in gender egocentrism, norms has been termed bad.

I remember when I was in school, I lived off campus and I remember that most ladies that lived in same compound with us cooked for the guys while the guys took care of normal boys stuff in the compound but what do we have today, even wife finds it difficult to cook for their husband at home and generation of lazy set of Poeple finds ways to condem anybody that still has that sense of courtesy in herself.

1 Like

Re: To Cook For My Male Friend Or Not To Cook? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 15, 2017
Home training and courtesy? Mothers don't teach their daughters how to cook just so they can be parading themselves in different men's kitchens to cook for them.

seunfly:
The common home training and courtesy has been twisted, what is the big deal if you cook in your male friend's home provided him and yourself are both comfortable with it. One thing I v noticed is that due to increase laziness, decline in culture and increase in gender egocentrism, norms has been termed bad.

I remember when I was in school, I lived off campus and I remember that most ladies that lived in same compound with us cooked for the guys while the guys took care of normal boys stuff in the compound but what do we have today, even wife finds it difficult to cook for their husband at home and generation of lazy set of Poeple finds ways to condem anybody that still has that sense of courtesy in herself.

1 Like

Re: To Cook For My Male Friend Or Not To Cook? by seunfly: 12:23pm On Jan 15, 2017
Incline:
Home training and courtesy? Mothers don't teach their daughters how to cook just so they can be parading themselves in different men's kitchens to cook for them.

You are right but I don't think she is talking about everyman she sees but her male friend.

1 Like

Re: To Cook For My Male Friend Or Not To Cook? by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 16, 2017
"Male friends"

seunfly:

You are right but I don't think she is talking about everyman she sees but her male friend.

ChizzyMaris:
Goodmorning Nairalanders, some days back I was discussing with some of my female friends when the topic came up.
It raised a little argument, as some said there's nothing wrong with it, while others argued that it was totally wrong.
So I'm asking for your opinions, does the fact that a girl cooks for her male friends when she visits them devalue her in any way? Does it make her less of a wife material? Does it make her loose?
Tell me what you think.
Thank you.

PS; Just male friends, not anyone she has a romantic relationship with.

(1) (Reply)

Juice Extractor And Hand Blender / Cake Design Gone Wrong / 3 Ways To Naturally Cleanse & Boost The Immune System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.