Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

No More Deferment Of Ptdf Overseas Scholarship - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / No More Deferment Of Ptdf Overseas Scholarship (1201 Views)

Plight Of University Of Nigeria, Nsukka PTDF LSS Scholarships Beneficiaries / Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? / Ptdf Overseas Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

No More Deferment Of Ptdf Overseas Scholarship by nanotensor: 3:56pm On Nov 25, 2009
[url][/url] (I'M ONE OF THE 2009 SCHOLARS)
On Wednesday morning at the PTDF office at Gimbia street Garki Abuja, I was reliably informed that the one year deferment for 2009 scholars who could not proceed on their overseas scholarship for whatsoever reasons, will have their awards FORFEITED. Going forward, the award will be valid for a year only. As at today, more than 90 scholars have been affected and this accounts for about 20% of the 2009 scholars.

This is a result of the short-sightedness of the management to decommission UNIVATION without making replacements.

I think the PTDF have lost focus totally IN VIEW OF THIS because

1. In 2009, more than 450 scholars were admitted into the fund which was way out of what they could manage. My thought is why bite more than you can chew? I believe it was a media jamboree.

2. The award is based on slots per state, how will PTDF compensate for those slots now they have bounced about 90scholars? Take note that majority are from the Niger Delta, which is signs enough to degenerate to Niger Delta neglect.

3. Why decommission UNIVATION without a formidable structure to take up the responsibility? today Nigerian scholars are struggling and suffering in the UK. FYI UNIVATION is the UK agent in-charge of liaising between the Institutions, scholars and PTDF. They manage welfare of scholars, on-boarding and any assistance whatever in the UK.

4. What happens to the budget for the 90 scholars that were supposed to be on training in 2009?

5. Majority of the stranded scholars had issues like no admission, late visa issuance by UK embassy et al, Presently, there are no plans to address the issues that lead to deferments. Is that not madness?

FINALLY, I THINK THERE IS A PERCEIVED FOUL PLAY, EITHER THE BUDGET HAS BEEN MISAPPROPRIATED OR THE FUND IS RUNNING IN CIRCLES, COMPENSATING THEIR CRONIES BY DIVERTING SCHOLARSHIPS OF INDIGENT, SMART AND INTELLIGENT NIGERIANS TO CARELESS CHILDREN OF THE ELITE.[quote][/quote]
CAMPAIGN FOR OUR RIGHTS. we must come together, all affected scholars and storm Abuja. we merited the scholarship and now they want to deprive us. WE MUST EXHAUST ALL OPPORTUNITIES TO SET THINGS RIGHT.
Re: No More Deferment Of Ptdf Overseas Scholarship by dustydee: 12:05pm On Jan 13, 2010
Any news on this issue?PTDF has not officially said anything what's the way forward?.
Re: No More Deferment Of Ptdf Overseas Scholarship by nanotensor: 8:37am On Jan 14, 2010
the last time i had a chat with them, the still stood their grounds that they wont honor deferments.
but there is no officioal statement yet.
You can find out yourself

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of The Fake Sms Telling You Not To Pick Calls From 08000226655 / Dear NL Mods And Supermods, I Can Moderate This Section! / Children Snake Charmer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.