Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 (27957 Views)

Pump Price Increase Likely As Landing Cost Of Petrol ‘rises Above’ N145 / Former First Ladies Spent £32,000 As Landing Fees – Aisha Buhari / Fuel Price To Increase As Landing Cost Soars To N213 Per Litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by kings09(m): 1:39pm On Jan 15, 2017
Do u knw if she z using anoda moniker.
2dugged:
you left out modath, by the way, I haven't seen her comment since late last year, I hope she is ok, and it's only the shame of buhari that is keeping her away undecided
Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 15, 2017
kings09:
Do u knw if she z using anoda moniker.
hehehehe, I guess so, all of them have lost their voice,they can't even be bold to use their real monikers to comment anymore grin
Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by kings09(m): 1:50pm On Jan 15, 2017
Bold or courage, u de go too far. U will say hunger de wire dem so tay no strength to talk. Salary no reach to buy data again. Food na priority cos na person wey chop belleful de visit nairaland
2dugged:
hehehehe, I guess so, all of them have lost thier voice,they can't even be bold to use their real monikers to comment anymore grin
Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by IgweBUIKE1(m): 1:55pm On Jan 15, 2017
blackpanda:
[s][/s]

Easy to sit behinde blogs and type trash. Building a refinery is not d same as building a house. Govt lacks both the finance and tech to build refinery. Besides it was not buhari that put our refinery in comatose state. Jonathan had 6yrs to fix it. He didnt. So why should we have voted for him

Its easy for wailers to nag because thats d only thing they r good at. Nag and hate. But its still inside this recession that govt is building bridges, rail, fixing airport and providing social welfare scheme. Things previous regimes didnt do despite their huge resources at disposal. Instead they were dashing their friends billions of dollars!
you need an uncommon deliverance from the spirit of fanatism and zombiesm... boko boys they find people like you

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by madridguy(m): 1:59pm On Jan 15, 2017
She is on vacation tongue

2dugged:
you left out modath, by the way, I haven't seen her comment since late last year, I hope she is ok, and it's only the shame of buhari that is keeping her away undecided
Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by stmezico(m): 1:59pm On Jan 15, 2017
The Federal Government had on May 11, 2016 announced a new petrol price band of N135 to N145 per litre, a move that signalled the end of fuel subsidy.The PPPRA, in its pricing template released following the introduction of a new price band, put the landing cost and total cost of petrol at N122.03 and N140.40 per litre, respectively.Our correspondent gathered that the cost of petrol stood at $560 per metric tonne or N127.36 per litre plus N7 per litre for freight as of Friday.

The addition of the cost of product with freight charge and other cost elements in the PPPRA template result in a landing cost of N145.09 per litre (using the official exchange rate of N305/dollar) or N222.33 per litre (using the parallel market rate of N490/dollar).
Most of the marketers have yet to resume importation of petrol and continued to rely on supply from the NNPC, which sells to them at N131 per litre. If we read all these statements, we can see that it is contradicting.. ..the total cost of Pms is #140,but NNPC is selling it @rate of #131 to marketers.. It means that in every 1lit of oms sold NNPC is having deficit of #9...*God Wen are we going to be truthful in our dealings*
Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by ajepako(f): 2:11pm On Jan 15, 2017
Funjosh:

IYANGBALI na who do you like this

That ogbanje mata don taya me l swear..
Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by kaboninc(m): 2:21pm On Jan 15, 2017
2dugged:

She has 'ported' to the business section.. .

Trading currencies with us.. . cheesy cheesy
Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by Twinflakez(m): 2:28pm On Jan 15, 2017
DIKEnaWAR:
Buhari 's Presidency has exposed our hypocrisy and cowardice.

We are just watching in 7D.
I wish I can give u a medal for this comment

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 15, 2017
kaboninc:

madridguy:
She is on vacation tongue

kings09:
Bold or courage, u de go too far. U will say hunger de wire dem so tay no strength to talk. Salary no reach to buy data again. Food na priority cos na person wey chop belleful de visit nairaland
hehehehehehehehehehehehehrheheheh grin
Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by blackpanda: 2:31pm On Jan 15, 2017
erico2k2:

In the last 2 years what rail line did the FG build ?

Kaduna rail
Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by modath(f): 2:32pm On Jan 15, 2017
kaboninc:

Nope... I'm still here, i do pop in at intervals.. it's cos most sane (both side of the divide) people have walked away.....

What we have left (mostly) are the ones whose IQ will never progress beyond their calendar age!!

Mind numbing rhetorics dey dull person, so.... smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by blackpanda: 2:33pm On Jan 15, 2017
[s]
IgweBUIKE1:
you need an uncommon deliverance from the spirit of fanatism and zombiesm... boko boys they find people like you
[/s]

Shut up and grow up already!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by dastudent(m): 3:05pm On Jan 15, 2017
What I am not understanding is that there was a time when the cost of crude oil was over $100 and we were fine. What is this magic they a propagandering and displaying to us.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by Infinitikoncept(m): 4:04pm On Jan 15, 2017
Saintmark88 how market na? Didn't I tell you in may 2016 that allowing the scam brainwash deregulation as far its Naija is a scam. You said we should give them six months that everyone can import PMS and price will crash to #50/litre sef but Una forget that anything that increase in Naija will not decrease
Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by obailala(m): 4:18pm On Jan 15, 2017
Eastactivist:

Gej fixed those refineries before he vacated office.. You can't deny it. Buhari came in and everything ceased.
Instead of finding who to blame again why not hold your immediate leaders accountable.
Gej has gone though his legacy remains but you got to direct your frustration to appropriate quarters.
Don't be senseless like zombies do, except you are one.
Yes GeJ built 10 refineries, built 25000km of world standard roads, built power generating plants generating over 12000mw of electricity and turned Nigeria to dubai but Buhari came in and destroyed everything by the stroke of his hand.

For an adult human to reason this way, yet he thinks there are some people called zombies out there... I rest my case. You win!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by deji68: 4:29pm On Jan 15, 2017
unblemished record indeed grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
dearpreye:

Next time, pay more attention to history. PMB has an unblemished record of failure.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by grandstar(m): 4:51pm On Jan 15, 2017
davodyguy:
There's nothing wrong in what's happening.

Let me quickly clarify before dumbass analyst start talking nonsense.

Where we were

Sometime in December, 2015 the price of crude oil per barrel dropped to about $32 and the exchange rate then was less than N300 to 1$. At that time, the government. Marketers were making profit, without subsidy being paid.

2016 first quarter

By mid January, the price of crude oil started rising, and that was the time CBN started their failed policy on exchange rate. What happened then was that as the crude oil price increased, exchange rate to dollar also increased. This made landing cost of refined products to go up. You would recall that we experienced scarcity till May, 2016 when subsidy was finally removed. Why? Cos product was sold. (PMS) at N87 per litre and the differential was paid to marketers as subsidy.

May, 2016

Subsidy was removed. Exchange rate is now over 300 naira to a dollar. Hence we started buying PMS per litre at N145.

NOV, 2016

International price of crude oil rose to $50 per barrel and exchange rate is over N400. The landing cost would automatically increase. But since PMS price is still being regulated and pegged, no marketer would import a product at N145 per litre and still sell below cost price.

JAN, 2017

In order to avoid two things

1) Fuel Scarcity
2) Increased PMS price

NNPC is now importing 90%. of daily consumption of PMS so that Nigerians would not suffer.

So I wonder how some dunce will insult NNPC, when they're actually saving you.

The only solution now is for CBN to do something about the exchange rate and things would be back to normal.

Price not per barrel is about $53-54 and exchange rate is over N400 naira.

Price may remain $54 or even go higher as we pray and hope for. CBN must do something about the exchange rate and allow drop back to 300 or below. If this is done, things would balance up

You gave a fine analysis and then ruined it with your solution.

Kachikwu has the solution and he has proscribed the full deregulation of the fuel price. That is allow the price to be dictated by market forces just like garri is today.

The citizenry fixation with cheap petrol is an economic nuisance and is a big turn off for investment.

In most countries, it is taxed and some heavily either to reduce pollution or to raise revenues especially to fix roads.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by aleshsenior2000(m): 4:55pm On Jan 15, 2017
Infinitikoncept:
Saintmark88 how market na? Didn't I tell you in may 2016 that allowing the scam brainwash deregulation as far its Naija is a scam. You said we should give them six months that everyone can import PMS and price will crash to #50/litre sef but Una forget that anything that increase in Naija will not decrease
On point. Subsidy incoming. Nothing goes up in Nigeria ever come down. Even, those that do collect #20 has step up.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by juman(m): 5:02pm On Jan 15, 2017
I believe one thing in my mind, the subsidy thing would be more transparent than pdp government.

Despite apc nah also o.l.e.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by DrogoG(m): 5:20pm On Jan 15, 2017
When I read to this part, I stopped reading;

The Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency explained then that the rise in crude oil price and prevailing high cost of importation had brought back subsidy.

The rise of crude price? Do we purchase crude or produce crude?
Nigerians have been had by Buhari lies!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by Funjosh(m): 5:22pm On Jan 15, 2017
As in the guy mata don taya me
ajepako:

That ogbanje mata don taya me l swear..
Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by erico2k2(m): 5:35pm On Jan 15, 2017
blackpanda:

Kaduna rail
And was built by PMB right ?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by blackpanda: 5:37pm On Jan 15, 2017
erico2k2:

And was built by PMB right ?

Dont ask me silly question. Use ur brain
Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by kenkike(m): 5:40pm On Jan 15, 2017
clueless+
Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by IgweBUIKE1(m): 5:54pm On Jan 15, 2017
blackpanda:
[s][/s]
Shut up and grow up already!
lol he pain am

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by Infinitikoncept(m): 6:11pm On Jan 15, 2017
aleshsenior2000:
On point. Subsidy incoming. Nothing goes up in Nigeria ever come down. Even, those that do collect #20 has step up.
Naso I dey use those wey dey use kerosene dey laff naso I dey hear you bribe to even buy #3500 12kg cylinder for 5k now in Lagos. Gas wey cheap pass before is now becoming something else
Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by Wesphily001(m): 6:19pm On Jan 15, 2017
psucc:
They should spare us these lies. it is obvious they are bent on price increase so let them do it.

It is our fault. How can a country with over 20m graduates decides to vote for an illiterate?

I think you should contest for president next time. You think it's moi moi abi
Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by Wesphily001(m): 6:23pm On Jan 15, 2017
ifyalways:
Interesting.

Government of trial and error.

Lol. Bad mouth
Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by Wesphily001(m): 6:26pm On Jan 15, 2017
DrogoG:
When read to this part I stopped reading;

The Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency explained then that the rise in crude oil price and prevailing high cost of importation had brought back subsidy.

The rise of crude price? Do we purchase crude or produce crude?
Nigerians have been had by Buhari lies!

We produce crude.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by erico2k2(m): 7:44pm On Jan 15, 2017
blackpanda:

Dont ask me silly question. Use ur brain
Do you have one?you log will just yep sillyNess in 5 he name of making sense and U wonder how over 20M graduates managed to vote someone with no certificate into power. With mindsets like this your answers are laid bare.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by biggy26: 7:53pm On Jan 15, 2017
AfonjasMustDie:
APC zombies and Buhari are the dumbest people on earth

They crucified and wanted to kill Goodluck Jonathan for introducing subsidy

What is happening now ?? Buhari the ignorant 90 years old farmer and his APC rats have ran to subsidy( which they called looting) to help them

This is just the begining

I want the economy to get worse

I want rice to be sold for 50 thousand naira per bag

I want everything to crash to the ground

This is what Zombies deserve for voting in an ignorant farmer as the president

I pray that Buhari will rule Nigeria for 100 years

This is just the beginning of the hardship

Kerosene was 120 naira when Goodluck Jonathan was the president and some idiots said that they want change, they voted for a 90 year old farmer and 1 year later a liter of kerosene is 500 naira

I pray that the price of petrol will increase to 9 thousand naira per liter so that these zombies will die of hardship

Loool. I feel ur pain bro. It's really not funny. It's sad!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Youths Are The Biggest Disappointment - Kingsley Moghalu / APC Governors Shun Progressive Governors Forum / National Association Of Poly Students To Disrupt Flights In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.