Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

Religion Is An Incurable Disease. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Is An Incurable Disease. (1233 Views)

Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever / I Have Started Hating God This Days, I Think Religion Is A Scam / Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion Is An Incurable Disease. by Talk2Bella(f): 9:52am On Jan 15, 2017
I wrote one time about how I thought God had left Africa, I should have just said the world and not Africa alone, then I wrote again what had religion done for the human race, these two articles generated a lot of backlash but the one which generated a lot of insults and loosing friends was when I wrote about prophet Muhammad and how he wasn’t the first Muslim, I got threatened, deleted, called a liar and all the horrible things people could think of, not minding the fact that my arguments were based on facts they knew to be true.

Religion is a mass murderer, a rapist, a pedophile, a war mongerer, an incurable disease, a usurper, a slave master, a pretender, a bigot, a coverer of sins and iniquities; if my opinion mattered that would be my definition of religion.

Why do I call religion a rapist? Have you seen the spate of rape which these so called men of the cloak/god perpetrate? They molest young boys and girls, assault them, humiliate and brutalize them sometimes in the name of casting out demons from them, label them witches and wizard and then make them outcasts in their societies.

Why do I call religion a murderer? This in itself is self-explanatory, religion these days is an offshoot of political organizations in the world, they launder money for the world government, they buy weapons for them, they hide mass murderers for a fee, and do you remember how the churches during WW2 shielded war criminals? Gave them safe passage for a fee.

Religion brings out the murderer in people, you might choose to call it self-defense, you might choose to call it jihad, but any religion which asks you to take up arms against your fellow humans in the name of cleansing the land or winning souls for heaven or hell, doesn’t your conscience tells you otherwise? Yes it does but you turn it off because it’s a religious cause.

Why do I call religion a pretender? They say they preach love, kindness, be your brothers keepers, yet they wouldn’t hesitate to stone a gay man or woman to death, they wouldn’t waste time in executing jungle justice, tribalism soars very high amongst religious folks, in religion you find different sect who claim to worship one god but if the other sect don’t worship their god in the same manner their god is fake.

You think you have seen war? You think our generation has witnessed religious unrest? Please sit down and thank the good lord you weren’t born in the century when people were crazed about religion, the most feared disease in the history of mankind “The Black Plague” didn’t kill as much as religion has killed and is still killing.

I thank God I wasn’t born in the era of the crusades where people were burnt on the stakes and labeled witches because they didn’t worship the Christian god you were labeled a witch and burnt at the stake, I know y’all must think religion has evolved past that, but look deep and you would see we are relieving what religion once was, a destroyer of human lives.

Religion is nothing but politics and vice versa, we have had different kind of religious war and still having it, the European religious war, the French religious war, religious war in Nigeria, religious war in Central African Republic, the holy crusades of 1095 when armies of the Christians from western Europe responded to pope urban 11’s plea to go to war against Muslim forces in the holy land.

The problem with religion is we think ours is better than the others, I envy people who have been opportune to practice one or two different religions and know that of the truth all religions are the same, we all pray to one God, we all have same goals, but our ego and superiority has brainwashed us and most of us have lost sight of those goals.

No institution has killed more in the name of religion, now you might wonder why I am focusing on the two most prominent religions on earth; the power tussle between both of them has made other religion seem non-existent, ever wondered why God gave his creations freewill? The hatred that comes with religion starts from our educational foundations, schools only teach CRS or IRK, why don’t we allow our kids choose? There are other religions much more peaceful than Islam and Christianity, there’s Buddhism, Taoism, Rastafarian Movement, Hinduism, Sikhism.

Now I’m not saying these religions I have mentioned don’t have their own faults but we all need to admit when we hear religious crisis in the news our minds don’t go to any of these sects, they have a single following, no branches, no sects, no permanent leaders, most of these not so popular religion teach about love, health, forgiveness, oneness, world peace, climate preservation, but it’s still a religion and it’s a disease which has no cure, most of their bad outweigh their good, then we have the caste system amongst these religions, mehn the whole thing just tire me, cant religion just be about love?

Sadly religion has come to say, it is a cancer which is attached to our genetic code, we can’t do without it, I envy those who have broken from these shackles and seen religion for what it truly is “A DISEASE” which sadly has no cure but I am banking on our generation because we are free thinkers, our generation starter the questioning of religions and those who imposed themselves as leaders, our generation started the fishing out of fake pastors and imams, our generation started the investigation in to the fictitious wealth of these men of the cloak, so I have faith in my generation, we will find a cure to this disease and one day maybe we will be free of this disease which has killed much more than an actual disease.

Isabella Ibeji

http://www.talk2bella.com/2017/01/religion-is-incurable-disease.html

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion Is An Incurable Disease. by Osasnidas(m): 10:02am On Jan 15, 2017
Religion angry one of the reasons the world we never have true peace. so many religious fanatics. [color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: Religion Is An Incurable Disease. by Uyi168: 10:16am On Jan 15, 2017
Religion does divide us..
Re: Religion Is An Incurable Disease. by Kondomatic(m): 10:27am On Jan 15, 2017
Funny enough without religion countries like Nigeria, and the op will never know how to read and write talk more of owning a blog.
Re: Religion Is An Incurable Disease. by Talk2Bella(f): 10:30am On Jan 15, 2017
Kondomatic:
Funny enough without religion countries like Nigeria, and the op will never know how to read and write talk more of owning a blog.

so there's no religion in Igbo language?

1 Like

Re: Religion Is An Incurable Disease. by yemmit90: 10:36am On Jan 15, 2017
@op, you forgot mental health. Religion has done more damage than good to humans Psychology.

It is just a matter of time, our believes system will change and the current religions would definitely fade away just as we dont know the kind of gods served 10000years ago.

1 Like

Re: Religion Is An Incurable Disease. by Talk2Bella(f): 10:39am On Jan 15, 2017
yemmit90:
@op, you forgot mental health. Religion has done more damage than good to humans Psychology.

It is just a matter of time, our believes system will change and the current religions would definitely fade away just as we dont know the kind of gods served 10000years ago.

Mental health, thanks for that smiley
Re: Religion Is An Incurable Disease. by Kondomatic(m): 10:41am On Jan 15, 2017
Talk2Bella:

so there's no religion in Igbo language?
Your topic is a very useless one, no apologies.

You blame religion for the crises on earth today simply because you have limited knowledge of what's going on around you and the causes of wars.

I am Christian and my religion doesn't support wars and crime, it teaches love for your neighbours etc.

That some men dressed like women to assassinate someone doesn't mean that women are assassinators.

The heart of men are desperately wicked and so many will try to harm each other, with or without religion.

It's sad what people have turned religion to but I, this morning is telling you in Mack Zuckerberg's voice that religion is good.

Get some documents on how many people those without religion have killed in the past and educate yourself.

1 Like

Re: Religion Is An Incurable Disease. by Talk2Bella(f): 11:01am On Jan 15, 2017
Kondomatic:

You blame religion for the crises on earth today simply because you have limited knowledge of what's going on around you and the causes of wars.

I am Christian and my religion doesn't support wars and crime, it teaches love for your neighbours etc.

That some men dressed like women to assassinate someone doesn't mean that women are assassinators.

The heart of men are desperately wicked and so many will try to harm each other, with or without religion.

It's sad what people have turned religion to but I, this morning is telling you in Mack Zuckerberg's voice that religion is good.

Get some documents on how many people those without religion have killed in the past and educate yourself.

I can see how much of a Christian you are
Re: Religion Is An Incurable Disease. by yemmit90: 11:01am On Jan 15, 2017
Kondomatic:

You dont get it man, religion gives unrealistic hope no doubt but there are some questions you need to ask yourself to come out of this mental slavery.

Has religions ever solved the problems of humanity, from earth quake, famine, penstinence, wars etc?
Re: Religion Is An Incurable Disease. by Kondomatic(m): 11:31am On Jan 15, 2017
yemmit90:

You dont get it man, religion gives unrealistic hope no doubt but there are some questions you need to ask yourself to come out of this mental slavery.

Has religions ever solved the problems of humanity, from earth quake, famine, penstinence, wars etc?
In a way which you may not understand so I will not explain because that's not what the op is on and about.

The op said that religion is responsible for wars, she claims that religion brings about the murderer in people.

Do you get her drift?

Please let deal with it first.

Talk2ToBella, is it the fault of religion that people attack those who are different?

Is religion the cause of racism and tribalism issues?

Let me tell you something. Without religion, there would still be wars and people will still hate and kill each other because of one reason or the other.

I am sure you will not like to live in places like The Soviet Union, Communist China, North Korea and Vietnam because they're simply and openly anti religion.

People kill people and go to war because they're wicked, blaming religion is like jailing a hammer that an attacker used to knock someone down instead of the attacker himself.

Albert Einstein said "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Religion and Science are not in odds but science is too young to understand. Dan Brown.
Re: Religion Is An Incurable Disease. by hopefulLandlord: 11:33am On Jan 15, 2017
This is an amazing thread!!

One of the biggest problems with religion and why it poisons everything is their holy books. When they are taken as inerrant and literally true terrible things can be done in the name of their God who actual does these things (genocide, racism, slavery, etc.) and endorses and recommends its followers to do so as well, to appease their God and to achieve, heaven or paradise.

Luckily, liberal Christians now see the bible as allegory, man made and not to be taken literally as they did hundreds of years ago when they used the bible to start crusades, burn witches and all those other unchristian like things Yahweh did. As a result, Christianity is much less violent than in the past. Unfortunately today, we have too many fundamentalists still using their holy book to rationalize their atrocities, with too many Muslims still taking the Koran literally as well as a minority of Christians.

The problem is the sacred books.
As David E. Comings summarizes in his book Did Man Create God? "Man's persistent yearning for transcendent spirituality indicates that for the human species religion and a belief in God will never die. Rather than relying on atheism or the elimination of faith to solve the problem of religious wars and terrorism, retaining faith and religion but eliminating the illusion that the sacred texts are literally true is far more likely to attain this goal and far more likely to prevent new outbursts of jihads, crusades and inquisitions."

So, we need to keep hammering away at the Bible and Koran and exposing them for what they are, man made, myths and legend. Scholars are doing a great job with the Bible as we speak...the Koran? Well maybe in another 500 years we will be where Christianity is but hopefully sooner.

1 Like

Re: Religion Is An Incurable Disease. by Talk2Bella(f): 1:16pm On Jan 15, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
This is an amazing thread!!

One of the biggest problems with religion and why it poisons everything is their holy books. When they are taken as inerrant and literally true terrible things can be done in the name of their God who actual does these things (genocide, racism, slavery, etc.) and endorses and recommends its followers to do so as well, to appease their God and to achieve, heaven or paradise.

Luckily, liberal Christians now see the bible as allegory, man made and not to be taken literally as they did hundreds of years ago when they used the bible to start crusades, burn witches and all those other unchristian like things Yahweh did. As a result, Christianity is much less violent than in the past. Unfortunately today, we have too many fundamentalists still using their holy book to rationalize their atrocities, with too many Muslims still taking the Koran literally as well as a minority of Christians.

The problem is the sacred books.
As David E. Comings summarizes in his book Did Man Create God? "Man's persistent yearning for transcendent spirituality indicates that for the human species religion and a belief in God will never die. Rather than relying on atheism or the elimination of faith to solve the problem of religious wars and terrorism, retaining faith and religion but eliminating the illusion that the sacred texts are literally true is far more likely to attain this goal and far more likely to prevent new outbursts of jihads, crusades and inquisitions."

So, we need to keep hammering away at the Bible and Koran and exposing them for what they are, man made, myths and legend. Scholars are doing a great job with the Bible as we speak...the Koran? Well maybe in another 500 years we will be where Christianity is but hopefully sooner.

thank you so much for your wonderful contribution I couldn't have said it better
Re: Religion Is An Incurable Disease. by orunto27: 2:46pm On Jan 15, 2017
Religion is not incurable. Religion is Light, Good and Life. Religion is not darkness, bad and death. You cure Negative back to Positive. There is nothing to cure in Goodness. Next time please use religious tongue.
Re: Religion Is An Incurable Disease. by hopefulLandlord: 2:19am On Jan 16, 2017
Talk2Bella:

thank you so much for your wonderful contribution I couldn't have said it better

you're welcome

1 Like

Re: Religion Is An Incurable Disease. by y3mi(m): 12:27pm On Feb 26, 2019
Talk2Bella:
I wrote one time about how I thought God had left Africa, I should have just said the world and not Africa alone, then I wrote again what had religion done for the human race, these two articles generated a lot of backlash but the one which generated a lot of insults and loosing friends was when I wrote about prophet Muhammad and how he wasn’t the first Muslim, I got threatened, deleted, called a liar and all the horrible things people could think of, not minding the fact that my arguments were based on facts they knew to be true.

Religion is a mass murderer, a rapist, a pedophile, a war mongerer, an incurable disease, a usurper, a slave master, a pretender, a bigot, a coverer of sins and iniquities; if my opinion mattered that would be my definition of religion.

Why do I call religion a rapist? Have you seen the spate of rape which these so called men of the cloak/god perpetrate? They molest young boys and girls, assault them, humiliate and brutalize them sometimes in the name of casting out demons from them, label them witches and wizard and then make them outcasts in their societies.

Why do I call religion a murderer? This in itself is self-explanatory, religion these days is an offshoot of political organizations in the world, they launder money for the world government, they buy weapons for them, they hide mass murderers for a fee, and do you remember how the churches during WW2 shielded war criminals? Gave them safe passage for a fee.

Religion brings out the murderer in people, you might choose to call it self-defense, you might choose to call it jihad, but any religion which asks you to take up arms against your fellow humans in the name of cleansing the land or winning souls for heaven or hell, doesn’t your conscience tells you otherwise? Yes it does but you turn it off because it’s a religious cause.

Why do I call religion a pretender? They say they preach love, kindness, be your brothers keepers, yet they wouldn’t hesitate to stone a gay man or woman to death, they wouldn’t waste time in executing jungle justice, tribalism soars very high amongst religious folks, in religion you find different sect who claim to worship one god but if the other sect don’t worship their god in the same manner their god is fake.

You think you have seen war? You think our generation has witnessed religious unrest? Please sit down and thank the good lord you weren’t born in the century when people were crazed about religion, the most feared disease in the history of mankind “The Black Plague” didn’t kill as much as religion has killed and is still killing.

I thank God I wasn’t born in the era of the crusades where people were burnt on the stakes and labeled witches because they didn’t worship the Christian god you were labeled a witch and burnt at the stake, I know y’all must think religion has evolved past that, but look deep and you would see we are relieving what religion once was, a destroyer of human lives.

Religion is nothing but politics and vice versa, we have had different kind of religious war and still having it, the European religious war, the French religious war, religious war in Nigeria, religious war in Central African Republic, the holy crusades of 1095 when armies of the Christians from western Europe responded to pope urban 11’s plea to go to war against Muslim forces in the holy land.

The problem with religion is we think ours is better than the others, I envy people who have been opportune to practice one or two different religions and know that of the truth all religions are the same, we all pray to one God, we all have same goals, but our ego and superiority has brainwashed us and most of us have lost sight of those goals.

No institution has killed more in the name of religion, now you might wonder why I am focusing on the two most prominent religions on earth; the power tussle between both of them has made other religion seem non-existent, ever wondered why God gave his creations freewill? The hatred that comes with religion starts from our educational foundations, schools only teach CRS or IRK, why don’t we allow our kids choose? There are other religions much more peaceful than Islam and Christianity, there’s Buddhism, Taoism, Rastafarian Movement, Hinduism, Sikhism.

Now I’m not saying these religions I have mentioned don’t have their own faults but we all need to admit when we hear religious crisis in the news our minds don’t go to any of these sects, they have a single following, no branches, no sects, no permanent leaders, most of these not so popular religion teach about love, health, forgiveness, oneness, world peace, climate preservation, but it’s still a religion and it’s a disease which has no cure, most of their bad outweigh their good, then we have the caste system amongst these religions, mehn the whole thing just tire me, cant religion just be about love?

Sadly religion has come to say, it is a cancer which is attached to our genetic code, we can’t do without it, I envy those who have broken from these shackles and seen religion for what it truly is “A DISEASE” which sadly has no cure but I am banking on our generation because we are free thinkers, our generation starter the questioning of religions and those who imposed themselves as leaders, our generation started the fishing out of fake pastors and imams, our generation started the investigation in to the fictitious wealth of these men of the cloak, so I have faith in my generation, we will find a cure to this disease and one day maybe we will be free of this disease which has killed much more than an actual disease.

Isabella Ibeji

http://www.talk2bella.com/2017/01/religion-is-incurable-disease.html
This is one of the cogent write up I have ever read written by a native from this side of Africa, (I don't want to use Nigeria as it's a religiously conquered place set up by the European for the jihadists). Religion until it is shed off by all will continue to sink Nigeria into the retrogressive and poverty state it continues to wallow in, the majority are so religiously taken that their reasoning faculties can not function without reading towards Abrahamic nonsense called religion. I have argued, talked and discussed with friends, peers, random people and anyone who cares to listen about the ills and evils religions has done to us, they continue to see me as the lost and misguided one needing to be saved and yet keep on with a negative lifestyle that clearly contradict either of the two Euro-Arabian faiths they proclaim brings them to God (of the semitic race), I have been called anti-christ for enlightening them on the flaws and errors inherent in their Euro-arab religion they know nothing about other than what their religious clerics shove down their throat. So Isabella Ibeji, you aren't alone on this, I can understand and relate to all you've highlighted and expressed. I just hope people will wake up en mass before it's too late, in fact it is already late.

(1) (Reply)

God Is Hungry And Dying Because We Are Starving Him Of Tithes / OPM Pastor Buys Church Land In His Name. / Charly Boy Gets Born Again In Christ Embassy Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.