Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,706 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

United Arab Emirates Launches First Robot Pharmacy - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / United Arab Emirates Launches First Robot Pharmacy (950 Views)

Phd Funding For International Students At The United Arab Emirates University / Robot Demoted And Fired At A Supermarket In UK After A Week Of Incompetence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

United Arab Emirates Launches First Robot Pharmacy by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 15, 2017
The other time I posted about some professions that would become extinct in 20years time, I was lambasted because I listed pharmacy and accounting. Now read the news below

The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has inaugurated its first "robot pharmacy" at Rashid Hospital in Dubai, a media report said on Friday.

This smart pharmacy is deploying a robot for the first time in the UAE to dispense prescribed medication, which would be done at a click of button based on a bar code, therefore "minimise any human error," Xinhua cited a report by UAE state news agency WAM.

The robot, which will start serving customers from Sunday, can store up to 35,000 medicines and dispense around 12 prescriptions in less than a minute, which would reduce customers' waiting time significantly.

The Dubai Health Authority (DHA) said it plans to adopt the use of robot in all its hospitals soon.

The robot is one of the latest smart technologies adopted by the authority to meet the 2016-2021 strategy, which aims to achieve a "happy and healthy society," DHA said.

The UAE has installed robots at several public places in order to be at the forefront of a digital economy within the Arab world.

Robots greet passengers at Dubai international airport and the first driverless cars are tested by the Dubai government in the Business Bay near the world's tallest tower Burj Khalifa.
Re: United Arab Emirates Launches First Robot Pharmacy by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 15, 2017
Efriday1:
The other time I posted about some professions that would become extinct in 20years time, I was lambasted because I listed pharmacy and accounting. Now read the news below

The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has inaugurated its first "robot pharmacy" at Rashid Hospital in Dubai, a media report said on Friday.

This smart pharmacy is deploying a robot for the first time in the UAE to dispense prescribed medication, which would be done at a click of button based on a bar code, therefore "minimise any human error," Xinhua cited a report by UAE state news agency WAM.

The robot, which will start serving customers from Sunday, can store up to 35,000 medicines and dispense around 12 prescriptions in less than a minute, which would reduce customers' waiting time significantly.

The Dubai Health Authority (DHA) said it plans to adopt the use of robot in all its hospitals soon.

The robot is one of the latest smart technologies adopted by the authority to meet the 2016-2021 strategy, which aims to achieve a "happy and healthy society," DHA said.

The UAE has installed robots at several public places in order to be at the forefront of a digital economy within the Arab world.

Robots greet passengers at Dubai international airport and the first driverless cars are tested by the Dubai government in the Business Bay near the world's tallest tower Burj Khalifa.

Stoopid headline. They manufactured a drug dispensing machine and called it robot pharmacy. So does the manufacturing of ATM machines for dispensing stop bankers from having employment and enjoying their careers?

Don't say pharmacy will go extinct because a pharmacist's roles go beyond drug dispensation. This is a patient care era where pharmacists play part roles of a doctor in taking care of patients. There is also the industrial era and academia, how will robots now lecture in universities and conduct scientific research on drug improvements in our industries?

OP, I go push you orhh. undecided

3 Likes

Re: United Arab Emirates Launches First Robot Pharmacy by MrRichy(m): 12:37pm On Jan 15, 2017
i dont have anything to say...... but i must comment grin
Re: United Arab Emirates Launches First Robot Pharmacy by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 15, 2017
Funnicator:

So does the manufacturing of ATM machines for dispensing stop bankers from having employment and enjoying their careers?

OP, I go push you orhh. undecided

Haba chief. Since the invention of atm and computers many banks have downsized their work force and number of employees. And if you compare the efficiency of the robot you will notice that any hospital will prefer to purchase and maybe employ one pharmacist than to hire 10 pharmacy staff and pay them. As per industries, how many pharmaceutical industries are in Nigeria? In teaching I will leave you to think but remember to apply the law of demand and supply.

1 Like

Re: United Arab Emirates Launches First Robot Pharmacy by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 15, 2017
Efriday1:

Haba chief. Since the invention of atm and computers many banks have downsized their work force and number of employees. And if you compare the efficiency of the robot you will notice that any hospital will prefer to purchase and maybe employ one pharmacist than to hire 10 pharmacy staff and pay them. As per industries, how many pharmaceutical industries are in Nigeria? In teaching I will leave you to think but remember to apply the law of demand and supply.
You are not making any sense.

How have banks downsized the number of staff just because there is now presence of ATM machines. Are bankers' sole job money dispensation? There are many more roles bankers play and for the purpose of those roles, bankers will still remain in demand.

As per industries, indeed there are many pharmaceutical industries in Nigeria, about 70 registered companies in Nigeria, many of them are located in Lagos. And if you wanna go abroad for your industrial researches, the better, countries like India, America and Canada are undergoing extensive researches in drug complexes.

I won't even start to mention about indispensable administrative roles pharmacists play in bodies as UN, UNICEF, NAFDAC and the rest.

Ette go and siddon, you no get case. I won't entertain your foolery anymore.

1 Like

Re: United Arab Emirates Launches First Robot Pharmacy by conquistatore: 6:24pm On Jan 19, 2017
I believe this machine will reduce the stress of dispensing thereby aiding the pharmacist work. It cannot totally displace pharmacist.
Re: United Arab Emirates Launches First Robot Pharmacy by Habakus: 8:21pm On Jan 19, 2017
Op,like some others have pointed out,it won't totally displace pharmacists as their job description goes beyond drug dispensation. However,no doubt it would affect them and reduce the rate of demand for Pharmacists.
Re: United Arab Emirates Launches First Robot Pharmacy by Habakus: 8:31pm On Jan 19, 2017
Funnicator:

You are not making any sense.

How have banks downsized the number of staff just because there is now presence of ATM machines. Are bankers' sole job money dispensation? There are many more roles bankers play and for the purpose of those roles, bankers will still remain in demand.

As per industries, indeed there are many pharmaceutical industries in Nigeria, about 70 registered companies in Nigeria, many of them are located in Lagos. And if you wanna go abroad for your industrial researches, the better, countries like India, America and Canada are undergoing extensive researches in drug complexes.

I won't even start to mention about indispensable administrative roles pharmacists play in bodies as UN, UNICEF, NAFDAC and the rest.

Ette go and siddon, you no get case. I won't entertain your foolery anymore.
I think you're missing the point here.
There's no denying these machines will reduce the number of Pharmacists a health care system would normally employ.
Just think about it this way with this example: you know there was a time fuel station attendants were in high demand in some countries until they started an automated system of purchasing fuel whereby you probably have to slot in a coin and get your fuel without even needing the assistance of an attendant. That's just how it is. Almost no career is indispensable with the advance of technology.
In the banking system,the advent of ATMs obviously reduced the number of Cashiers banks would normally employ. And as this cashless policy is encouraged,more bankers( cashiers) would definitely find themselves unemployable.
Re: United Arab Emirates Launches First Robot Pharmacy by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 20, 2017
Habakus:

I think you're missing the point here.
There's no denying these machines will reduce the number of Pharmacists a health care system would normally employ.
Just think about it this way with this example: you know there was a time fuel station attendants were in high demand in some countries until they started an automated system of purchasing fuel whereby you probably have to slot in a coin and get your fuel without even needing the assistance of an attendant. That's just how it is. Almost no career is indispensable with the advance of technology.
In the banking system,the advent of ATMs obviously reduced the number of Cashiers banks would normally employ. And as this cashless policy is encouraged,more bankers( cashiers) would definitely find themselves unemployable.

You have points. But does all a pharmacist do is dispense drug over the counter?

Answer me
Re: United Arab Emirates Launches First Robot Pharmacy by Habakus: 1:53pm On Jan 20, 2017
Funnicator:

You have points. But does all a pharmacist do is dispense drug over the counter?

Answer me
No,not at all... I even stated that in one of my comments on this thread.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Chinese Companies In Nigeria And Their Acts / 10 Businesses You Can Run From HOME With A Laptop / Suspened Unizik SUG President Graduates With A First Class From UK University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.