Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State (37350 Views)

Muslim Imams & Traditionalists Surrender Their Lives To Christ In Abuja(photos) / Paul Enenche Replies Daddy Freeze On Building World Largest Church / No Terrorist Group Shouts ‘Jesus, Jesus’ Before Attacks – CAN Replies Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by Luizville(m): 2:25pm On Jan 15, 2017
Press Statement
CAN Replies Council of Imams and Ulamah of Kaduna State

Yesterday CAN National Secretariat was inundated with calls from several well-meaning persons over a Press Conference addressed by the Council of Imams and Ulama of Kaduna State. In the press conference, the Islamic clerics called for the arrest of CAN president, Dr. Samson Ayokunle, the Senator Representing Southern Kaduna, Distinguished Senator Danjuma Laah, the President of Southern Kaduna Peoples Union, SOKAPU, Dr. Solomom Musa, Rev. Zechariah Gado, Hon. Sunday Marshal, Dr. Danfulani, and my humble self, Rev. Dr. Musa Asake.

The Islamic clerics’ anger with us was that we had made comments that stoked the ongoing killings in Southern Kaduna. CAN wishes to state that the demand of these Muslims preachers has again reaffirmed their hypocrisy. To CAN, this is a surprising shameless, unveiled criminal support for evil.

While, the killings of children, women, aged and the most defenseless of Southern Kaduna natives and the destruction of entire communities was at its peak, no one knew that a group called Council of Imams and Ulama existed in Kaduna state.

When Church leaders under the banner of CAN kept praying for Southern Kaduna and other affected areas in the country, visiting traumatized communities and softly calling on government to do the needy, this Council of Imams was silent and invisible. If indeed, this Council of Muslim clerics claim to preach peace, tolerance and respect for human lives, we would expect them to have come out to call the rampaging Muslims herdsmen to order; condole the victims and join in the process of looking for a lasting solution, but mum was their response.

You will recall that on the 16th of August, 2016, a chieftain of Kaduna state Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association, the well-known Dr.Haruna Usman, in a well-publicized reaction to the mindless killings by the terrorists, said that the sacking of Ninte, and other villages, in Jema’aLocal Government, was in response to the killing of a Fulani ardo in Ninte. He spoke authoritatively as one in the knowledge of the massacre.

In another Press Conference in Kaduna on the 7th of November, 2016 Jema’a Foundation, Miyetti Allah and Mobgal Fulbe Development Association confirmed that Fulani and Hausa Muslims have been behind the ethnic cleansing and destruction of villages and houses of worship in Southern Kaduna. They claimed they had to do this to entrench their rights to practice Islam, alleging they were being marginalized in Southern Kaduna. Those who addressed the press were Abdullahi Hassan Mohammed, Ahmad M. Yandeh and Abdulhamid Musa.

Again, on the 31st of December, 2016, Dr. Ibrahim Abdullahi, the Assistant National Secretary of Miyetti Allah also echoed the same position that the Fulani were carrying out reprisal killings. But, the most troublesome revelation was that of Governor Nasir el-Rufai of Kaduna State, which has re-affirmed that he knows the killers of Southern Kaduna Christians and has traced some of them to some African Counties and paid them sums of money to stop the pogrom.

In view of these glaring confessions by all these Fulani men, is it not reprehensible, distasteful and vile that the Council of Imams and Ulama Kaduna state did not call for the arrest of these people who are in conspiracy with the murderers? With their position now, it is obvious that these Imams are part of the evil network desperately trying to decimate the Christian population of Southern Kaduna and the taking over of their lands by Islamists herdsmen terrorists.

These are the Muslim clerics that encourage and inspire the jihad carried out by their foot soldiers. These Imams are very sad that we have refused to keep silent as we are speaking up to government and telling the world the devilish plot against the Christian community in Southern Kaduna and other affected areas. While those they inspired through their wicked sermons to kill and conquer new territories for Islam are carrying out their instructions, they are now intimidating the victims with Governor El-Rufai infamous position of “call for self-defense is hate speech.”

The prayers of Christians are being answered for our Lord Jesus Christ is exposing the enemies of His Kingdom one by one. For the records, the words and the way of life of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world in whom all knees shall bow, was never violent.

CAN therefore, thrives under His inspiration and guidance. We can never call on a Christian to kill another human being. But we cannot tell a Christian to unjustly submit himself to murderers, his family wiped, his community taken over with crude violence so that a new community of herdsmen terrorists be established as it is happening now in Southern Kaduna - especially as government is not showing enough commitment to arresting the situation.

CAN therefore, has no apology over what comment it has made on the religious cleansing in Southern Kaduna and other places in the country. It is a clear fact that CAN has the more to lose with the continuance of these madness. Since May last year to date in Sothern Kaduna alone, over 100 Christians have been killed; over 53 communities with their churches have been destroyed and not less than 16 villages have been conquered and are now being occupied by Fulani herdsmen terrorists.

The imams and Ulama are the ones who are benefitting from this orchestrated violence with the new territories conquered for them. They are the ones that don’t want peace. While we will continue to pray for Southern Kaduna and other affected areas and play any role possible for peace, the world must be informed that the killings in Southern Kaduna is still going on with impunity, because the murderers have been given immunity and they feel they are untouchable.

Thank you,
Sign: Rev. Dr. Musa Asake,
CAN National General Secretary Date: January 11, 2017

104 Likes 11 Shares

Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by ozoebuka1(m): 2:32pm On Jan 15, 2017
thank God say roman catholic church no join for CAN...That's just my take... for all of you quoting me and inciting what I never said should just desist from such act please...my crime now is that I didn't come out straight...to set everything straight, I wasn't supporting the killings in the southern kaduna nor was I supporting the demands of the Muslim cleric. I was just annoyed that CAN was more interested in rubbishing what the Muslim cleric said than taking the right measures to stopping the killings of xtians all over the northern states...if they like they should counter what the muslim cleric said from morning till night, that wouldn't Stop the killings. I expected them to take more drastic action like meeting with d president "since osibanjo is a Christian and d vp that would be easy to do" then they should lay their claims and place their demands should there be future recurrence... since Can is a political body that represents Christian community, they should do that rather than seeking for media attention while ignoring the real problem... thanks everyone

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by isaackenshaw: 2:37pm On Jan 15, 2017
They are too obsessed with religion. These funny looking abokis don't know dis martial act were practice by some sick elements in history

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by Luizville(m): 2:38pm On Jan 15, 2017
ozoebuka1:
thank God say roman catholic church no join for CAN...That's just my take.
In other words what are you trying to say sir?

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by Jengem: 2:41pm On Jan 15, 2017
Stupid aboki paedos

25 Likes

Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by obamabinladen(m): 2:48pm On Jan 15, 2017
ozoebuka1:

Should we thank God that BOKO HARAM started with Catholic Church?.

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 15, 2017
NIGERIA!!! THE MOST FVCKED UP COUNTRY IN THE WORLD. BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES!!!

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 15, 2017
ozoebuka1:
So unfortunate that the Catholic as alleged by you are not part of CAN but they receive the heat during crisis. Isn't hypocritical of them as alleged

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by DozieInc(m): 3:06pm On Jan 15, 2017
Self defense is an option:
Since the govt has refused to act, not one person has been arrested or tried for the killings, maybe their inaction is a form of consent.
The Imams and ulamahs are (in)directly consenting to the killing of Christians in Kaduna.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by Fedayeen02: 3:09pm On Jan 15, 2017
ozoebuka1:
Shut up.

How kids invade social media still baffles me?

Do you know about 70% of Southern Kaduna are Catholic

115 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by Fedayeen02: 3:12pm On Jan 15, 2017
Did anyone notice that no Muslim group condemned the Killing there?

Yesterday it was Agatu

Today its Southern Kaduna

Tomorrow it will be another group in this same entity called Nigeria while the most idiotic stupid dull clueless and most useless President keeps silent

What does Hausa fulani Muslims really want

110 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by KidsNEXTdoor: 3:12pm On Jan 15, 2017
ozoebuka1:
Am sure u didnt read this
Ur stewpid comment doesn't correlate with the news at all

So wat the imams are saying is that the people shouldn't defend themselves against attacks ?

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by ozoebuka1(m): 3:13pm On Jan 15, 2017
asuustrike2009:

So unfortunate that the Catholic as alleged by you are not part of CAN but they receive the heat during crisis. Isn't hypocritical of them as alleged
Bros, everything in Nigeria today is politically motivated...I used to think that churches in Nigeria really fend for the oppressed but alas I was disappointed at what becomes of our supposed "Almighty men of God" when they get political attention, thus, am happy that Catholic church in Nigeria has not dented her image By incaging in Nigerian politics. Nigerian politics ruins anyone /anything it comes in contact with not even can is spared.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by Fedayeen02: 3:15pm On Jan 15, 2017
ozoebuka1:
Bros, everything in Nigeria today is politically motivated...I used to think that churches in Nigeria really fend for the oppressed but alas I was disappointed at what becomes of our supposed "Almighty men of God" when they get political attention, thus, am happy that Catholic church in Nigeria has not dented her image By incaging in Nigerian politics. Nigerian politics ruins anyone /anything it comes in contact with not even can is spared.
You are sounding hollow more with wrong tenses strewn everywhere.

Just keep quiet pleas

65 Likes

Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by PRYCE(m): 3:17pm On Jan 15, 2017
grin
Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by Fedayeen02: 3:17pm On Jan 15, 2017
CAN should ride on and Never waver because we are with them against the sons of Futa Jallon

29 Likes

Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by ozoebuka1(m): 3:20pm On Jan 15, 2017
Luizville:
In other words what are you trying to say sir?
brother what am trying to so is that can doesn't represent the Christian community as they should, the piloters of the organization only speak out when the said issue is directly affecting them. hence, am happy that my beloved Catholic church ain't dabbling With the already compromised organization...just look at how Muslim organization speaks for their own anytime the need arises...unlike can that speaks without being direct.

3 Likes

Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by ozoebuka1(m): 3:24pm On Jan 15, 2017
Fedayeen02:
You are sounding hollow more with wrong tenses strewn everywhere.

Just keep quiet pleas
your defense mechanism is so poor that it's irritating... you should be more concerned with the message contained in my tenses than on the typographical errors...I guess you did dat because you had no other meaningful argument to throw forward.

5 Likes

Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by Hyperchi(m): 3:26pm On Jan 15, 2017
That way naija need to break up let we the biafra which are 95% christian leav and let the muslim kill them safe amonge shitte and sina.
So many ppl curse this move .but wan i da going to be corrected that we are not improtant than cow in dis ppl ambition.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by KidsNEXTdoor: 3:26pm On Jan 15, 2017
ozoebuka1:
brother what am trying to so is that can doesn't represent the Christian community as they should, the piloters of the organization only speak out when the said issue is directly affecting them. hence, am happy that my beloved Catholic church ain't dabbling With the already compromised organization...just look at how Muslim organization speaks for their own anytime the need arises...unlike can that speaks without being direct.
Check ur mentions bro
It shows u derailed, just accept ur error

We should all come together and support southern kaduna
Christianity is under attack
We all should lend our voices
Everyone counts even you

U will notice that no Muslim group has come out to condemn the attack .... There is a reason to that
Keep your eyes on the ball

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by DozieInc(m): 3:28pm On Jan 15, 2017
ozoebuka1:
So you think those worthless Fulani herdsmen can differentiate between a Catholic from a non-Catholic?

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by Luizville(m): 3:31pm On Jan 15, 2017
ozoebuka1:
But I think their response on this issue is superb. We will defend ourselves against those who seek to terrorize us.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by AllTheWayUp: 3:34pm On Jan 15, 2017

While, the killings of children, women, aged and the most defenseless of Southern Kaduna natives and the destruction of entire communities was at its peak, no one knew that a group called Council of Imams and Ulama existed in Kaduna state

When Church leaders under the banner of CAN kept praying for Southern Kaduna and other affected areas in the country, visiting traumatized communities and softly calling on government to do the needy, this Council of Imams was silent and invisible.

If indeed, this Council of Muslim clerics claim to preach peace, tolerance and respect for human lives, we would expect them to have come out to call the rampaging Muslims herdsmen to order; condole the victims and join in the process of looking for a lasting solution, but mum was their response.

You will recall that on the 16th of August, 2016, a chieftain of Kaduna state Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association, the well-known Dr.Haruna Usman, in a well-publicized reaction to the mindless killings by the terrorists, said that the sacking of Ninte, and other villages, in Jema’aLocal Government, was in response to the killing of a Fulani ardo in Ninte. He spoke authoritatively as one in the knowledge of the massacre.

In another Press Conference in Kaduna on the 7th of November, 2016 Jema’a Foundation, Miyetti Allah and Mobgal Fulbe Development Association confirmed that Fulani and Hausa Muslims have been behind the ethnic cleansing and destruction of villages and houses of worship in Southern Kaduna. They claimed they had to do this to entrench their rights to practice Islam, alleging they were being marginalized in Southern Kaduna. Those who addressed the press were Abdullahi Hassan Mohammed, Ahmad M. Yandeh and Abdulhamid Musa.

Again, on the 31st of December, 2016, Dr. Ibrahim Abdullahi, the Assistant National Secretary of Miyetti Allah also echoed the same position that the Fulani were carrying out reprisal killings. But, the most troublesome revelation was that of Governor Nasir el-Rufai of Kaduna State, which has re-affirmed that he knows the killers of Southern Kaduna Christians and has traced some of them to some African Counties and paid them sums of money to stop the pogrom.

In view of these glaring confessions by all these Fulani men, is it not reprehensible, distasteful and vile that the Council of Imams and Ulama Kaduna state did not call for the arrest of these people who are in conspiracy with the murderers? With their position now, it is obvious that these Imams are part of the evil network desperately trying to decimate the Christian population of Southern Kaduna and the taking over of their lands by Islamists herdsmen terrorists.

These are the Muslim clerics that encourage and inspire the jihad carried out by their foot soldiers. These Imams are very sad that we have refused to keep silent as we are speaking up to government and telling the world the devilish plot against the Christian community in Southern Kaduna and other affected areas. While those they inspired through their wicked sermons to kill and conquer new territories for Islam are carrying out their instructions, they are now intimidating the victims with Governor El-Rufai infamous position of “call for self-defense is hate speech.”

The prayers of Christians are being answered for our Lord Jesus Christ is exposing the enemies of His Kingdom one by one. For the records, the words and the way of life of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world in whom all knees shall bow, was never violent.

True talk, Nice response from CAN

To hell with the Council of Imams and Ulama

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by Fedayeen02: 3:41pm On Jan 15, 2017
ozoebuka1:
your defense mechanism is so poor that it's irritating... you should be more concerned with the message contained in my tenses than on the typographical errors...I guess you did dat because you had no other meaningful argument to throw forward.
You started out like those things we watch in circus so I'm not surprise you are living up to it

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by Teekzel(m): 4:44pm On Jan 15, 2017
AllTheWayUp:

True talk, Nice response from CAN

To hell with the Council of Imams and Ulama

how can you say Jesus is the saviour of the world,you have alter a grevious word,so you have another saviour than God who created me and you. In case you don't know Jesus us just a servant of God sent to us in order for us to believe and do the will of God
Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by ckmayoca: 4:52pm On Jan 15, 2017
ozoebuka1:

Nwanne ur mouth abi finger is not connected to ur brain oh. So u mean that's why what CAN said was wrong or what?

12 Likes

Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by ckmayoca: 4:55pm On Jan 15, 2017
ozoebuka1:

Lol. Being a catholic is a ticket to heaven while those under CAN are not worshipping God abi?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by ozoebuka1(m): 5:08pm On Jan 15, 2017
ckmayoca:

Lol. Being a catholic is a ticket to heaven while those under CAN are not worshipping God abi?
na u talk that one oh..

1 Like

Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by ozoebuka1(m): 5:13pm On Jan 15, 2017
Fedayeen02:
You started out like those things we watch in circus so I'm not surprise you are living up to it
those that have nothin to say always resort to insult so am not surprised.
Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by vedaxcool(m): 5:16pm On Jan 15, 2017
They say allow a fool show his foolishness in all its glory and let the world testify to the limitless bound of his foolery .... the Ulema should have ignore the hate from the so called preachers of lover

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Thousands Storm Adeboye’s Crusade In Bauchi (Pictures) / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here / Why I Believe Stephanie Otobo Is Lying Against Apostle Sulieman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.