Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

FC Ifeanyi Ubah Apologizes, Suspends Team Manager For 4 Matches (PRESS RELEASE) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FC Ifeanyi Ubah Apologizes, Suspends Team Manager For 4 Matches (PRESS RELEASE) (16552 Views)

Kabiru Baleria Is Dead! Kano Pillars Team Manager Dies At 57 / FC Ifeanyi Ubah Players Wore Native Attire For Their FA Cup Trophy Parade / Fc Ifeanyi Ubah's Football Made In Anambra Kicks Off, As Fans React (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FC Ifeanyi Ubah Apologizes, Suspends Team Manager For 4 Matches (PRESS RELEASE) by lonelydora: 7:31pm On Jan 15, 2017
That's a good move from the owner. Next time, he should control his anger.
Re: FC Ifeanyi Ubah Apologizes, Suspends Team Manager For 4 Matches (PRESS RELEASE) by kjhova(m): 8:18pm On Jan 15, 2017
Mannylex:
Good one from the Management. You don't take matters into your hands. I still remember when Thierry Henry's goal via "handball" (literally used his hand to put the ball in the net) cost Ireland qualification for the 2010 world cup. The whole stadium saw it, the whole world saw it. But Ireland still stayed on the pitch despite that.

Manners Maketh Man, the Team manager goofed.

That ref shouldn't be spared though.

Chief, I believe that was the Republic of Ireland and not Portugal.
Re: FC Ifeanyi Ubah Apologizes, Suspends Team Manager For 4 Matches (PRESS RELEASE) by kjhova(m): 8:32pm On Jan 15, 2017
biggerboyc:
Its time Nigeria league should grow up. I watch some of Nigeria premier league on TV and it doesn't look professional at all. It can't even be compare with professionalism in south African division 2 or Egypt or even Algeria. Going to Europe to see how football is being managed is even too far. Go to Egypt, and other football playing African country. Every league have there challenges but Nigeria owns is too much. Poor officiating, misconduct, even on TV poor graphics, poor commentary, and the league is totally uncompetitive. Nigeria league is the only league where home team is automatically the winner and away is the loser. If away team win its a miracle. Other African leagues are not like that. You can differentiate between weak and strong opponent. I hope Nigeria league will one day wise up.

I don't know how many games you saw on TV or live at match venues last season or the one before, but if you track the trends, you will notice that away wins increased back to back.

It also seems that you equate professionalism with television graphics. It is not the league that handles TV, anywhere in the world. No, it is the broadcaster and they limit the technology deployed to the yield on investment. And yield here isn't much, you know why? Because most of us don't watch the league and the few who do, spend minimally on it. You may say the league should improve then you'd follow it but the league needs followership for it to record further development. Imagine the passionate followership of the English League in the 60/70s when it was trashcan with muddy pitches and soggy balls. If the English waited for improvement before watching, we'd never have the beautiful BPL that we all follow today.

Finally, money is the real problem of the Nigerian league. I always feel that a country's footy league pretty much reflects the current economic situation of that country. The difference between NPFL and the PSL is clearly representative of the difference between Nigeria and South Africa economically.
Re: FC Ifeanyi Ubah Apologizes, Suspends Team Manager For 4 Matches (PRESS RELEASE) by aswani(m): 8:42pm On Jan 15, 2017
Nickizoe:
watin dem do the Referee
Nothing, she did the job to the best of her ability and without prejudice unless anyone has proof otherwise. Proper proof not biased jargon please.
Re: FC Ifeanyi Ubah Apologizes, Suspends Team Manager For 4 Matches (PRESS RELEASE) by dsocioemmy(m): 9:23pm On Jan 15, 2017
I thought they said the order was from 'above'? so who really gave the order?
Re: FC Ifeanyi Ubah Apologizes, Suspends Team Manager For 4 Matches (PRESS RELEASE) by orlagunners(m): 9:25pm On Jan 15, 2017
I was at d stadium yesterday wen d brouhaha happened, infact its was a show of shame.

Re: FC Ifeanyi Ubah Apologizes, Suspends Team Manager For 4 Matches (PRESS RELEASE) by orlagunners(m): 9:29pm On Jan 15, 2017
aswani:

Nothing, she did the job to the best of her ability and without prejudice unless anyone has proof otherwise. Proper proof not biased jargon please.
Aswani,mind u the woman tried her best but she shouldn't have disqualified that their freekick goal they scored at the death minutes of first half.
Re: FC Ifeanyi Ubah Apologizes, Suspends Team Manager For 4 Matches (PRESS RELEASE) by Mannylex(m): 10:01pm On Jan 15, 2017
kjhova:

Lol. Already modified before you commented
Re: FC Ifeanyi Ubah Apologizes, Suspends Team Manager For 4 Matches (PRESS RELEASE) by guychidile: 10:47pm On Jan 15, 2017
hmm, na waoo.
Re: FC Ifeanyi Ubah Apologizes, Suspends Team Manager For 4 Matches (PRESS RELEASE) by aswani(m): 10:52pm On Jan 15, 2017
orlagunners:
Aswani,mind u the woman tried her best but she shouldn't have disqualified that their freekick goal they scored at the death minutes of first half.
My brother Orlagunners, I put forward a scenario in another thread where she would have been very right not to give a goal at the death.

It boils down to the half being over but the ball needing to be touched to make play live before she can blow.
Re: FC Ifeanyi Ubah Apologizes, Suspends Team Manager For 4 Matches (PRESS RELEASE) by tck2000(m): 1:31pm On Aug 31, 2019
kjhova:

True

(1) (2) (Reply)

Super Eagles Chief Coah, Salisu Yusuf Denies Receiving Bribe / Barcelona President Josep Bartomeu Sends Congratulations To Messi / Onyi Echegini Moves To Juventus.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.