Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,361 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

The Moon Is At Least 4.51 Billion Years Old, Scientists Say - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Moon Is At Least 4.51 Billion Years Old, Scientists Say (564 Views)

How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) / Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago / Moment China's Chang’e 4 lander Landed On The Far Side Of The Moon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Moon Is At Least 4.51 Billion Years Old, Scientists Say by johnson74: 11:11pm On Jan 15, 2017
The moon is at least 4.51 billion years old – or 40-140 million years older than previously thought, says new research based on an analysis of minerals from the moon called zircons.

These minerals were brought back to Earth by the Apollo 14 mission in 1971 and have now been studied by researchers from University of California-Los Angeles (UCLA).
The moon’s age has been a hotly debated topic, even though scientists have tried to settle the question over many years and using a wide range of scientific techniques.

“We have finally pinned down a minimum age for the moon. It’s time we knew its age and now we do,” said Melanie Barboni, research geochemist in UCLA’s department of earth, planetary and space sciences.

READ MORE:HERE

Re: The Moon Is At Least 4.51 Billion Years Old, Scientists Say by Ten12(m): 11:21pm On Jan 15, 2017
Even if u say it's 500b yrs who will question u as far say na scientist talkam

1 Like

Re: The Moon Is At Least 4.51 Billion Years Old, Scientists Say by yanabasee(m): 11:56pm On Jan 15, 2017
Ten12:
Even if u say it's 500b yrs who will question u as far say na scientist talkam

Coz our educational level is to swallow all sorts of poos from the white's scientific stories....
Re: The Moon Is At Least 4.51 Billion Years Old, Scientists Say by Ten12(m): 11:58pm On Jan 15, 2017
yanabasee:

Coz our educational level is to swallow all sorts of poos from the white's scientific stories....

Dats it bro
Re: The Moon Is At Least 4.51 Billion Years Old, Scientists Say by samsard(m): 7:25am On Jan 16, 2017
yanabasee:

But you swallow all sorts of shits from pastors, no questions asked, right? If you are intelligent enough and have some level of education, you would know researchers don't just wake up to formulate data. But Nigerians are very shallow minded sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Moon Is At Least 4.51 Billion Years Old, Scientists Say by yanabasee(m): 9:33am On Jan 16, 2017
samsard:
But you swallow all sorts of shits from pastors, no questions asked, right? If you are intelligent enough and have some level of education, you would know researchers don't just wake up to formulate data. But Nigerians are very shallow minded sha.

Dude shut ur mouth up and make use of ur brain... I studied pure physics and everything about science is based on assumptions...

And I never told u I listen to pastors....

if you must quote me...try and be sensible..coz f00lish people irritates me.... so you irritates me...

Data have always been formulated dude.... for instance... In modern physics...discussion on "Lonrentz Contraction"... " Time Dilation" and " Simultaneity" are all based on assumptions....

Bigbang theory last few years estimated that few nano seconds to the blasting of the particles was discovered... yet we still haven't been told what happened before the particles collided....

Dude....researchers are human...they are prone to errors during calculations..... when i wrote my project.... there were people who made assumptions on their calculations that actually turned to work fine even during lab testing...errors were minimized....

when next u want to quote me...pull ur head away from ur anus...that way..u'd be able to post somfin sensible like a human not like a goat!

1 Like

Re: The Moon Is At Least 4.51 Billion Years Old, Scientists Say by Emusan(m): 2:59pm On Jan 16, 2017
samsard:
But you swallow all sorts of shits from pastors,

Atheist and their obsession with people of faith sha as if you don't swallow shit you read on Google without questioning!

no questions asked, right?

How many scientists have you question their work

Have you asked any question about GRAVITY or Moon landing?
Let me start with you there?

If you are intelligent enough and have some level of education, you would know researchers don't just wake up to formulate data.

But the same researchers were the ones changing figure here and there now. So does it mean no research was carried out for the first figure

But Nigerians are very shallow minded sha.

I guess you're a Ghanaian!
Come to think of it, you might be among those Nairaland scientists who obtained their scientific certificate through Google.
Re: The Moon Is At Least 4.51 Billion Years Old, Scientists Say by samsard(m): 6:19pm On Jan 16, 2017
yanabasee:

Dude shut ur mouth up and make use of ur brain... I studied pure physics and everything about science is based on assumptions...

if you must quote me...try and be sensible..coz f00lish people irritates me.... so you irritates me...

Data have always been formulated dude.... for instance... In modern physics...discussion on "Lonrentz Contraction"... " Time Dilation" and " Simultaneity" are all based on assumptions....

Bigbang theory last few years estimated that few nano seconds to the blasting of the particles was discovered... yet we still haven't been told what happened before the particles collided....

Dude....researchers are human...they are prone to errors during calculations..... when i wrote my project.... there were people who made assumptions on their calculations that actually turned to work fine even during lab testing...errors were minimized....

when next u want to quote me...pull ur head away from ur anus...that way..u'd be able to post somfin sensible like a human not like a goat!
Look at you Barking like a mad dog instead of passing across your point sanely. anyway I don't intend get banned coz of you. tongue
Re: The Moon Is At Least 4.51 Billion Years Old, Scientists Say by Fash20: 10:04pm On Jan 16, 2017
yanabasee:

Baba stop foaming... Do you even know the difference between assumption, hypothesis, theory and law.

A pure physics graduate calling scientific theories and laws assumption.SMH
Re: The Moon Is At Least 4.51 Billion Years Old, Scientists Say by yanabasee(m): 10:24pm On Jan 16, 2017
Fash20:

Baba stop foaming... Do you even know the difference between assumption, hypothesis, theory and law.

A pure physics graduate calling scientific theories and laws assumption.SMH

Dude.... it's from assumptions that we have hypothesis..to theories....

And many theories have been proven to be false in science...becoz of its assumption... and there are still rooms for people to still counter other theories as well...

If you're a science student... you will first assume that if u strike a stone with another stone u can generate heat.... it will have to be tested before it will become a fact!... even tho it was factual from the onset....

How do you perceive ideas?....i don't get!!!

(1) (Reply)

This New Diamond Batteries Developed From Nuclear Waste Can Last For ‘5000 Years / Simple Server Rocking New / Whatsapp Tricks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.