Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,862 members, 7,824,589 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Only Nigerians Are Not Allowed To Open Bank Account In UAE. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Only Nigerians Are Not Allowed To Open Bank Account In UAE. (1378 Views)

Kenyan Professor XN Iraki: Nigerians Are Taking Over Our Economy / Pls I Need Someone In Enugu To Help Me Open Bank Account, I'll Pay / More Than 60 Million Nigerians Are Unbanked – World Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only Nigerians Are Not Allowed To Open Bank Account In UAE. by Limus: 6:31am On Jan 16, 2017
I got the shock of my life yesterday when I went to one of the banks (RAK BANK) in United Arab Emirates precisely in Rasalkhaimah to open ordinary prepaid card account and I was told only Nigerians are not allowed to open bank account in UAE.
My GTBank MasterCard expired last December 2016 and since am not planning to visit Nigeria soon so I decided to open ordinary prepaid card account to enable me reduce my cash at hand all the time.
I got to the bank and the person in charge asked for the necessary requirements which I presented to her: my residence permit, my Emirate Id and my international passport. She started filling the online form and when she was about finish she suddenly stopped. She looked at me and from her expression I knew she was surprised about something. She excuse me for a minute and she went to meet her Co-workers. All of them were gathered and I could see them discussing because the place was open floor and as big as the Bank was I was the only customer at that period. They discussed for some times and I could see not only they were surprised but they were also disappointed.
The lady later came to me to explain that nigerians are not allowed to open Bank account. When she was explaining she tried to hide her expression how unfair and disgraceful the decision was. I asked her if the decision was just meant for a particular account but she told the decision is meant for all accounts as far as UAE is concerned . I thanked her and left the Bank.

Nigerians should not be subjected to this type of treatment abroad. I contribute to the development of UAE as a worker and so as other many nigerians in UAE. Some nigerians are here to work while some are here for educational purposes paying millions of Naira as tuition fees. Many nigerians are also here investing heavily to the development of UNITED ARAB EMIRATES.
I here call on Nigerian government to look into this matter immediately.

Re: Only Nigerians Are Not Allowed To Open Bank Account In UAE. by pressplay411(m): 6:37am On Jan 16, 2017
Scammers ruining it for everyone.

1 Like

Re: Only Nigerians Are Not Allowed To Open Bank Account In UAE. by jom28gy(m): 6:40am On Jan 16, 2017
so no tangible reason was giving?
Re: Only Nigerians Are Not Allowed To Open Bank Account In UAE. by Nobody: 6:42am On Jan 16, 2017
It's not their fault neither yours, when you see a confirm yahoo boy spit on his face and let him know he is stressing you out.

It's not all countries that is as stupid as United States that can't seem to find a way to keep their money in their country and don't let fraud stars be keeping them in debt.

If you have not been abroad before and see how this scammers paint us black like we are devils don't quote me else sango will strike dead once.

2 Likes

Re: Only Nigerians Are Not Allowed To Open Bank Account In UAE. by checkolatunji: 6:42am On Jan 16, 2017
Limus:
I got the shock of my life yesterday when I went to one of the banks (RAK BANK) in United Arab Emirates precisely in Rasalkhaimah to open ordinary prepaid card account and I was told only Nigerians are not allowed to open bank account in UAE.
My GTBank MasterCard expired last December 2016 and since am not planning to visit Nigeria soon so I decided to open ordinary prepaid card account to enable me reduce my cash at hand all the time.
I got to the bank and the person in charge asked for the necessary requirements which I presented to her: my residence permit, my Emirate Id and my international passport. She started filling the online form and when she was about finish she suddenly stopped. She looked at me and from her expression I knew she was surprised about something. She excuse me for a minute and she went to meet her Co-workers. All of them were gathered and I could see them discussing because the place was open floor and as big as the Bank was I was the only customer at that period. They discussed for some times and I could see not only they were surprised but they were also disappointed.
The lady later came to me to explain that nigerians are not allowed to open Bank account. When she was explaining she tried to hide her expression how unfair and disgraceful the decision was. I asked her if the decision was just meant for a particular account but she told the decision is meant for all accounts as far as UAE is concerned . I thanked her and left the Bank.

Nigerians should not be subjected to this type of treatment abroad. I contribute to the development of UAE as a worker and so as other many nigerians in UAE. Some nigerians are here to work while some are here for educational purposes paying millions of Naira as tuition fees. Many nigerians are also here investing heavily to the development of UNITED ARAB EMIRATES.

While I understand how you feel and agree with you, I will disagree on the bolded part.

We started going to UAE when they did their home work well. That you are contributing to their wealth has no meaning has you can kindly leave.

Safe

2 Likes

Re: Only Nigerians Are Not Allowed To Open Bank Account In UAE. by femolacqua(m): 7:30am On Jan 16, 2017
My guess is Nigeria has been tagged with a stigma over there. After some have decided to soil the image of the country.

2 Likes

Re: Only Nigerians Are Not Allowed To Open Bank Account In UAE. by Trut(m): 8:06am On Jan 16, 2017
Limus:

Do you forgot that Buhari was tagging Nigerians as CORRUPT people?

Nigga, it was this present VISIONLESS & DIRECTIONLESS government that made UAE financial institutions to stop opening account for Nigerians.

I remembered when the news circulated that UAE banks told all Nigerians that have account with them to come withdraw their money last year.

(1) (Reply)

Sienna XLE Is Available / Which Bank ATM Readily Dispense Cash In Your Location? / How Much Can I Make From Transport Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.